Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 08-11-2010, 01:39 PM   #1  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Default Need to get back to the gym

Ok gang. I need some support and reality from everyone.

I have been on sabbatical from the gym for 3 weeks due to over training injuries.

I'm planning on going back to the gym today to get things started off in the exercise department. My plan is go use the elliptical for 30 mins and see how my calf and knee feel. The planned goal is to get to the gym 2x this week.

Here's where you guys come in. I am REALLY feeling anxious about going back to the gym! I'm not sure why. I am really afraid of hurting myself again, all of those injuries happening all at once really scared me.

I also don't want to go back into Crazywoman Mode where I'm not thoroughly listening to my body and what it wants. Especially when it wants to stop and rest for a day or two.

I have been UBER focused on my diet and making the right food choices so I am feeling so much better about my weight and taking the steps to change it.

Do you think it's just pre-game jitters? I loved working out and want to get that feeling back again. I just don't want to be Crazywoman again.

Sigh...
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 01:49 PM   #2  
Kickin PCOS's Butt!

S/C/G: 240/Ticker/150 Ultimate Goal

Height: 5' 3"

It sounds like you are doing good from the diet end...to me 90% of losing weight is what you are eating. So that's great!
I think I would be apprehensive too about going back to the gym after all those injuries. I think you plan sounds good. Just make sure you are really listening to your body.
You can do it!
PinkHoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 01:56 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 263/259/163

Height: 5 '9'

Vixsin,

I most definitely think it is pre-game jitters....I haven't been to the gym in forever and always feel how you feel now but once I'm in there and back in the groove, I just feel right!! You who conquered the scale and made me a scale conquerer as well can do this. Just take it slow and easy and try not to let the groove make you do more than what you need to do no matter how good it makes you feel. That initial gym groove will fool you everytime cause you will feel so good that you can over do it....been there, done that! But heres to you getting your gym groove BACK!!!
peacebunny is offline   Reply With Quote