Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 07-04-2010, 11:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 271/254/150

Default A New Commitment!

I'm feeling really positive right now. I talked to my family and they are going to pay for my boyfriend and I to fly across country to visit them in exactly 8 weeks. They haven't seen me for a year. I just watched 3 episodes of "Losing It with Jillian" on DVR and I feel pumped. I just joined a new gym down the street. My boyfriend and I have vowed to go together, cook healthier, and cut out soda. I'm going to start jogging, start taking spin, yoga and zumba! So excited!

I want to lose 30 pounds in 8 weeks....I just watched people smaller than myself accomplish the same goal, so there's no excuses! I need to put this thought out into the weight loss universe.

I feel like posting this on my facebook would really help with my motivation...but I'm kinda scared to fail, know what I mean?
alliesarang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 12:06 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 181/175/125

good for you for making the change! but 30 lbs in 8 weeks is like.. a 4 lb a week weight loss, which is wow. I think you should aim for more realistic and a healthier goal.

maybe 2 lbs a week? you'd still lose a lot and maybe avoid some of the stress of trying to keep up a high loss every week.
therex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 10:45 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/145

Height: 5'9

I agree with therex, I wouldn't put so much emphasis on how much you can lose in 8 weeks because that can become very stressful and disappointing if you don't make the goal. But your attitude about cooking healthier and getting more exercise in is great!! That should be your focus!

Those people on Jillian's show are probably HIGHLY motivated to lose weight because they know cameras/Jillian/millions of TV viewers will be watching to see if they did it. If I knew a camera crew and Jillian were coming to MY house in 8 weeks, I'd sure be doing a lot more than I am now!

You said that you're scared to fail, but what do you equate with failure? If you lose 15 pounds in 8 weeks instead of 30, will that feel like failure to you? Setting goals is great, really, but I think setting timed goals is dangerous.
foxxy511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:38 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 271/254/150

Thanks for the reality check guys, if I only lose 20 I'm not gonna be down on myself, losing anything would be great. I'm just trying to shoot for the stars right now. I've been bouncing around the 160's for at least a year now and I figure if I aim high I'll at least get past this hurdle!
alliesarang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 01:09 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/145

Height: 5'9

That's great that you're aiming high!! And even better that you'll be content with ANY weight loss. Good luck!
foxxy511 is offline   Reply With Quote