Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 05-22-2010, 08:47 AM   #46  
BlockHead =)

I made it through day 5 with a major craving episode, but I got through it. I'm nervous about today. The weekend is so unstructured. I am going to go do some journaling and make a plan for today, or even the first part of today, and plan the rest later. The scale is starting to move downward, but I'm not too excited about that, because I've lost and gained these same 10-15lbs off and on for the last year. When I get under 270 I'll celebrate some, when I get under 265 I'll feel like I'm really on the right track again.

Wishing you all a healthy, binge-free day.
Jen (Ian's mom )
jeniansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 09:33 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

Starting day 12!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 03:29 PM   #48  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

Day 2 for me, it's the hardest day I think. Doing good so far, but really tempted.
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 08:27 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 320/185/165-170

Height: 5'5"

so i am back... sorry ladies, i mean no offense when i say "i wish i wasnt"...three weekends ago i broke off with my boyfriend of 4 months...it was sudden and not due to any one thing...i made it through that week okay...last sat we met to give back our stuff (his book and my acrylic paints) left at each others houses...i did okay but not great - it was controlled overeating... then this past weekend i started to swell up for no reason... by monday i couldnt wear my rings, i was up over 5lbs of water retention, couldnt make a fist etc etc... doc put me on strong allergy pills on tues and off exercise. (first time in 18 months i'd missed a day, let alone what turned out to be 5)... pills did nothing to help... i kept swelling... up nearly 8 lbs in water, clothes dont fit, pills making me exhausted and 'drunk' like... so finally yesterday i broke down and went to ER. they say nothing is wrong with my blood or urine... so they took me off allergy pills and put me on water pills to drain the fluid... today i lost it... yesterday i lost it too... i have binged both days... not controlled overeating anymore just "how much can i eat"... and yet i woke up hungry today... ate my cereal then an entire loaf of apple spice bread... and more and more...

to make it harder, my exbf started texting me on thurs night again basically begging to have me back and i had to go and break his heart, again... because i wasnt sure so i told him i wasnt sure and it turns out, when i write out all our issues, i guess i am actually sure...we do need to break up...

can i please be accountable to you and myself... can i count tomorrow as day 1 ??? i had made it from dec 27 until yesterday (may 21)... nearly 5 months... i can do this again right? i dont need the food, it isnt helping me...i will exercise again tomorrow and be back on plan and the water pills will help and it will all be okay... exbf will move on and i will get better from whatever this mystery thing is (thinking it is IUD i had put in in dec and am likely to have removed on Tues if doc will do it herself)...

wow...sorry for the rant... tomorrow WILL BE day 1 again!!!!!!
happytobeamomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 11:08 PM   #50  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

Happytobemom- I know how you feel when you just can't stop yourself from binging or overeating. For me it doesn't even have anything to do with what is going on in my life at the time. Some weeks are good for me and some I just want to stuff myself to the hilt. I have been gaining 5 lbs. of water weight lately after I binge, used to be 3lbs. I don't understand it, and you had an 8lb water weight gain for no reason, maybe you should try to watch your salt intake, that might help. Your probably better off without your ex. Make a fresh start tomorrow! Don't let food or anything else sabotage your weight loss, it's not worth it one bit!
Old 05-23-2010, 07:45 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 320/185/165-170

Height: 5'5"

thanks fruitlady...the weird part is that i gained all the waterweight BEFORE i went off plan at all...the off plan binging/overeating was due to the fear of the uknown issue wiht me and the emotional breakup... both of which i realise i could have handled better... i have to say though, as far as binges go, these ones were 'mild' (none were more than 2000 cal which is saying a lot for me) sooooo today is DAY 1 and I am 100% sure it will be successful
happytobeamomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 08:30 AM   #52  
BlockHead =)

On to day 7 for me, this is exciting stuff in my life

happytobe...you can do this, you already have, dec to may is HUGE, I am so happy for you that you are getting right back on track, you have all the tools you need, you knew where to come to be accountable, you will do this.

best of luck to us all for a healthy, binge-free Sunday.
Jen
Old 05-23-2010, 12:39 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

Happytobe--so sorry you had to go through that! But really, you should be proud of the 5 months, that's AMAZING! And all that working out! You will totally get back on track.

And remember that the first few days are the hardest, especially when you had such a long streak before. Stay strong!

I'm starting Day 13
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 01:00 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 160/see ticker/140

Height: 5'8''

Hello ladies! Well to sum up the week.....the only days I binged were last Monday and then yesterday. Yesterday was classic example of being hungover and since my stomach hurt all day, I kept eating to try to make it feel better. This is what happens to me every time I'm hungover and exhausted, going on no sleep, and at work no less. But what I am REALLY ecstatic about was that I was at my parents house for 4 days and I DID NOT BINGE ONCE!!!!! I don't know what has changed. But for the first time I went home and I wasn't terrified of being there with all the junk in the house. Even when there was nobody home and I was all by myself...instead of thinking of it as an opportunity to be sneaky and binge, I didn't think about it at all. It was fine. A few times after I ate I wanted something sweet and i was able to open up the chips ahoy, grab 3 cookies,and close the package up. I'm still kind of in shock. But also IMMENSELY relieved. This is definitely a big step in the right direction for me :-) Hope everyone ended their week on a positive note!

~D~
duqserb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 02:19 PM   #55  

Ugh, Friday was not a good day for me. Back to day 2 for me. I can do this! My mini-goal is to be able to do a week!
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 03:45 PM   #56  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

Day 3, why does it seem so much longer! I am really having a hard time losing this 5 lbs of water weight this time, hopefully I'll think twice before I reach for the peanut butter or chocolate from now on. I might not be able to lose it so quick anymore.
Old 05-24-2010, 05:49 AM   #57  
BlockHead =)

Moving on to day 8, the weekend was awesome!
Happy, binge-free Monday everyone
Old 05-24-2010, 05:59 PM   #58  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

Day 4, going good so far!