Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2002, 12:11 PM   #1  

Default Another sob binge story...

Hi everyone! I don't post very much, but probably should more often, as it seems to keep me a bit more aware. Usually, I'm not a super frequent binger/purger, but this last week has just absolutely been awful and left me with an 8 lb gain! Yeah, I'm sure SOME of it is water, but most of it is definitely not, as my clothes will vouch It's just that I've been doing so well - lost 25 lbs. in time for my wedding 4 months ago (from 155 to 130), was doing a decent job keeping it off, while still trying to lose more weight. Then last week happens and I feel like all my efforts are shot. Yesterday, I just ate all day long and purged twice. Days before that weren't much better. I think I may have seen blood the second time, so I'm vowing to stop doing that before I do some serious damage (hopefully I haven't yet, as I purge infrequently). Anyway, I'm just feeling blah about the whole losing weight concept... On the other hand, giving up and throwing in the towel will push me right back to 180 (my highest recorded weight - way back in high school 10 years ago). And I know for sure I don't want that! So here I am, looking for support and share my sad story
Old 10-14-2002, 12:37 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7

Hi Lenchik,
I'm sorry you're having such a rough time lately. I know what it's like to have a really tough week or month or whatever and to fall back into that binging cycle. This weekend was pretty bad for me too. Something that has always helped me stick out the rough times is just thinking of that old saying "this too shall pass"-and it always does. Last week was just ONE week. It doesn't mean anything is shot. You have done some great work and one week, no matter how bad it is, can change the progress you made with yourself. Try not to think of this as a setback but just life. Nobody can be perfect and sometimes ya have a really crappy week. You sound like you have a strong spirit and you can move on from this. So jump right back into it and give it another chance!
Hang in there and give yourself credit for how far you've come. (there you go-I'm the blue one )
Old 10-14-2002, 05:10 AM   #3  

Talking Words of wisdom ruby blue!

Put your past behind you! Move ahead and forgive yourself...I have been eating non stop since I got home from work and it is 330 am.....not sure why I self sabatoge hope to figure it out someday but in the mean time hanging on the best I can.

Take care Lenchick!

Thanks Ruby blue!

Elizabeth
Closed Thread