Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 04-23-2010, 03:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 318/312/210

Default What do you eat when you just want to feel full?

I am having this ravenous feeling right now---probably just nerves or emotions or something, but I am just feeling soooo extremely hungry right now.

What are your go-to foods, besides fruit, that you eat for when you just want to feel "full"? Does anyone else go through this?

I am on a budget, and just feel like buying some salad stuff after work and also eating salads on the weekends. I am craving high carb warm foods like rice and pasta and beans, but I want to stick to semi-low carb, and still full.

Any ideas or suggestions?
milliondollarbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 03:19 PM   #2  
Harl-E-quinn Groupie

Height: 5'6

oo ill be checking this because i would like to acheive that comforting full feeling too without going over my calories

right now my go to to get alot for very little calories is microwave 100 calorie bags of popcorn with a can of diet coke .....
CHUNKEY_MUNKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 03:22 PM   #3  
Cute and Chubby

S/C/G: 205/ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

I like to go to chilis and eat the baked potato soup. Only 300 cals for the bowl- I skip the cheese and add some tabasco. Sooooooo good and so filling! And so cheap! It comes with a side salad, too and it fills me up every time- almost to the point of being too full.
MikoMarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 03:23 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 318/312/210

that sounds great! I am trying to figure out what is good for when I feel this way. Soup is a definite option...I usually go for a broth soup with spices and protein so it is lower carb.
milliondollarbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 03:27 PM   #5  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

A handful of plain almonds, raw or roasted, and then I eat a big apple. The crunch helps, or maybe it's the fiber. Or substitute for the apple about half a grapefruit, peeled & eaten like an orange, so all that pith & the segments keep filling you up.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 03:51 PM   #6  
westernsoutherngirl

S/C/G: 170/164/145

Height: 5'6'

To beat this feeling I sometimes eat an apple with slices of deli turkey! Does the trick for me!
westernsoutherngirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 04:02 PM   #7  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

I'm not a low carb person so not sure how this fits in your plan but for me, guaranteed hunger-stopper is peanut butter on whole wheat toast.
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 04:09 PM   #8  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

Bag of microwavable popcorn. (lite or 94% FF) and a juice and selzter. 12oz. of seltzer to 4 oz of juice.

Then I eat the popcorn slowly... savoring the flavor (sometimes I add Kernel Seasoning flavor to it)
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 04:17 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 147/121/118

Height: 5'4

A banana or a cereal bar? I don't know if they're low in carbs though, especially the cereal bar! Or raw veggies like carrots?
Belease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 04:18 PM   #10  
fat-fighting ninja!

S/C/G: 276/seeticker/235

Height: 5'7

popcorn, lots of water, and gum.. thats helping me
2phatinvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 04:26 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/145

Height: 5'9

Definitely soup. The Campbell's Select Gold Label Butternut Squash and Broccoli soups are really tasty and thick! Or I'll toast a slice of high fiber wheat bread with 1/4 cup of black beans and some fat free cheese and I find that to be really filling. If you like tuna, then I also recommend light tuna mixed with mustard, chopped carrots and chopped green peppers and wrapped in a whole wheat tortilla. I also usually spread the inside of the tortilla with a LC cheese wedge and stuff it with spinach and tomatoes. Very filling, not a lot of calories!
foxxy511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 04:39 PM   #12  
I am losing it!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/195

Height: 6.1

Boiled eggs- usually whites only for me. 50 calories for the whole egg. 15 for just the white. Then I sometimes sprinkle on some spices.
Veil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 06:00 PM   #13  

I like to keep thin sliced lunch meat,tuna salad & egg salad (mostly egg whites,celery & pickle)small amt of mayo & have any of them rolled in a large lettuce leaf.
I'm not on low carb, but it's low cal,crunchy & filling.
Soup is great.I prefer ch noodle or beef veg & sometimes add more veggies to either one.
Another fav is drained canned mushrooms, sprinkled with mozzarella cheese & pizza seasonings.Put in oven or toaster oven till hot & cheese is melted...yummy.
losinflab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 06:27 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 5'4"

If it works for you, you could try a 1/2 serving of whole grain carb, such as quinoa, brown rice, barley, cous cous or whatever else you like on top of a spinach salad (spinach, cucumber, raw mushrooms, onion...whatever veg you like). Add a bit of reduced fat cheese and/or another protein such as chicken breast. It isn't super low cal, but you can get in around 300-400 cals and it is a very complete and filling meal that will last a while. I do this starting with 3 or 4 oz. of spinach which is always my go-to for lots of nutritionals with not many calories, like 6 cals per ounce of spinach. I use low cal/reduced fat salad dressing if I use dressing at all. Sometimes I cook the meat in broth or tomatoes with juice and there is enough fluid then to cover the salad w/o dressing and fewer cals.

You could add black beans to your salad if you don't want meat, or even in addition to and instead of grain carbs. They have both carbs and protein, and are awesome with salsa instead of salad dressing. And you can heat them in the microwave. I like to cook black beans or pinto beans from dry beans (super cheap) in the crock pot with water and a jar of Lime and garlic salsa...the walmart brand is good and cheap. Lots of bang for you calorie buck and your money as well.

Barb
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 06:32 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 218/207/155

Height: 5'7"

I know EXACTLY what you mean about that full feeling. I generally crave warm comfort foods like steak, potatoes, pasta...etc....

I'm not counting carbs, but am staying away from anything white (white rice, white flour, sugar) and staying low sodium/low cholesterol.....

Sirloin and mexican brown rice
Sirloin or chicken breast over a salad with whatever veggies I feel like having and a hard boiled egg
a really big serving of brocolli, kale, carrots or asparagus roasted in the oven with a splash of olive oil, chili powder, apple cider vinegar. DELICIOUS.
brown rice pasta with turkey meatballs (I food process either zucchini or spinach and put that in the meatballs)
sweet potato fries (I Love having these when I get the craving you're describing)
mammasita is offline   Reply With Quote