Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 03-30-2010, 02:33 PM   #1  
Short dresses here I come

S/C/G: 157/122/130

Height: 5ft6

Unhappy *Facepalm* WHY? Whyyyyyy-

Why must you clusternutballs, sultanas & cinnamon squares be so darn ... addictive? Enthralling? Deliciously inticing?
I don't understand how such little things can cause so much damage...

This is a quick rant, because I just feel so dissapointed with myself atm~
I rarely binge these days, which is a world apart from how I used to be...but I feel like my grip is slipping.
My problem is cereals.
I go into the kitchen, and I'll eat a few clusters of cereal, or the biggest sultanas, or just a couple of cinnamon squares...again...and again..and again...
I mean, it's inly small amounts, but it must add up to hundreds of calories, and the horrible part is that because its such an unprecise number, i cant even calculate the damage!
I've come too far to slip now, I really have, but I need to break the habit...
Any advice girls?
VeeDeValentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 02:46 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 320/185/165-170

Height: 5'5"

obvious: don't buy it (ya right....lets be real right?!?!)

put a small, calorie-known, amount in a bowl and when the bowl is empty, even if it takes all day to munch it away, it is empty... no more...

move the cereal to a cupboard you need a chair to reach?

put a baby-lock on the cupboard which might jsut be enough to slow you down to think about what you are doing?

remember that you have met your goal and you are basically binge free!!! be SUPER proud of yourself!!!!! keep your positive self talk going and do not revert to negative self talk... if YOU want to stop the cereal, YOU CAN!!!
happytobeamomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 06:43 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 318/312/210

For things like that, it is best to not keep it in the house. If you have other people in your home that eat it, well, you may opt for the lock on that particular cabinet and keeping the food separate, until you are strong enough to be around it and not crave it.
milliondollarbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 08:36 PM   #4  
I will never give up.

S/C/G: 160/131.8/110

Height: 5'3.5" Yep, the half matters!

I am with you on this one. Cereal is one of my hardest foods. While the easiest thing is not to buy it, it's hard to give it up completely. Some people say individual packaging doesn't stop them but it helps me. I measure out servings and put each one in a plastic baggie. Not only do you have a straight up, calorie-known amount, but it stays fresh. And you can reuse the baggies.
bama girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:29 PM   #5  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

If it's in the house, you won't be able to resist it. I have went through this with all my trigger foods. I would keep saying I'm not going to buy it, and I did, the craving beat me. And if it's here, forget it. I go right for it! Best thing is not buying it if your really serious about stopping the binges. I got serious, I don't buy it now, and the craving for those foods don't happen cause it's not here.
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 01:46 AM   #6  
Short dresses here I come

S/C/G: 157/122/130

Height: 5ft6

Ahh thank you guys, tbh I think you're all right, I thought that I'd gotten to the stage where I could be around it and be okay, but clearly I'm not there yet...
Back to plain branflakes for me I think, they're the only kind I can eat sensibly without having the urge to snack unessecarily
Thank you everone!
VeeDeValentine is offline   Reply With Quote