Help/Support with ED

• This is the first time I've asked for help about my ED so I'm kinda nervous. As much as it pains me to admit it I am not just an overeater but a full on bulimic, purging kind. I don't like eating and feel sick when I do but just today I have scoffed 3 easter eggs and I know after I have written this I am going to go and purge. I really really don't know how to stop. I try avoiding buying binge food but I live with my parents (who don't know about my ED) and I will binge on anything. I mix flour, sugar and milk in a bowl and make microwave cake and the easter eggs were meant to be for my family. I#m seriously out of control and I wondered if anyone else has gone through this and come out the other side. It's been going on for about 8 months now and before this I was dangerously close to anorexic, though I never went hugly underweight.

Sorry for the rant and thanks for your time
  • I think it's time to talk to your parents about it and see a doctor for guidance. I know it's hard to be open about it, but it is the first step for anyone ready to change their life to a healthier one. Sending you a hug.
  • Hey, rant away. That is what we're here for. I have swung back and forth between bulimia and anorexia for about 7 and a half years. I lived with my parents until last year and still occasionally go home from school. You're definitely not alone. I can't say I'm all the way out of the woods yet-- I still occasionally slip up and b/p, but I can confidently say that you CAN get through this. Have you considered seeking help from a professional? I know that's kind of cliche, but this is really hard to get through all by one's self. Feel free to PM me if you need to talk-- I know it can be pretty tough.
  • Ask for help. I cannot stress enough that reaching out to someone for help is the most important thing to do at this stage. Ask to be put in therapy, inpatient even if you think you need it. Besides having BED/COE, I've a history with anorexia and bulimia and while I can't say the behavior ever goes away completely or that you'll go to a few therapy sessions and come out all rainbows and butterflies without any problems, talking about it helps, a lot. Getting help from people who's job it is to treat people like you and me with eating disorders works.

I really hope you tell someone who will help you get help. You may never totally escape the disordered thinking that comes with/causes eating disorders, but you can do your best to push it so far back in your head that you'll hardly ever think about it.
  • I also agree that as hard as it might be to open up to your parents, you really do need to see a doctor. Bouncing between anorexia and bulimia reeks havoc on your body and begins to cause so many problems if the ED is not treated. Wishing you all the best *hugs*

~D~