Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 03-16-2010, 12:07 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 318/312/210

Talking Do you find more emotions occuring when eating clean?

I was once told that when we stop filling our bodies with our binge foods and eating uncontrollably, we are actually forced to have to feel our feelings...whatever they may be. That the food we eat to excess usually stifles our feelings.

I have noticed that I have been a bit more weepy lately. Yesterday, I got very sad because the ex didn't want to talk. It was weird. He later told me about things that are going on in his life, so I realized that since he is going through so much, it wouldn't be the best for me to be super emotional. That I need to be more supportive and just not jump to conclusions. I will admit that the not wanting to talk thing did upset me, but it made me realize that maybe he doesn't want to talk because of how I communicate. Maybe he worries about how I will say things? It was definitely something that made me think a lot about myself and what I need to improve upon.

On a more positive note, I was able to accomplish a chore last night that I hadn't completed in years. Years!!!! And I felt so empowered! I think that getting control of my eating may help me get control in other areas of my life. Has anyone else found that to be the case?
milliondollarbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 12:12 PM   #2  
Healthy is Beautiful

S/C/G: 214/144/160

Height: 5"8

You know…I’ve never really put two and two together like that…but yes, I’ve always eaten to deal with my emotions (or smother them, really) and yes…I seem more emotional now that I’m not stuffing my face 24/7. So…yes, to answer your question. That just sort of opened my eyes. Granted, I’m not denying myself every little indulgence and pleasure, but I’m certainly not pigging out anymore…and I do seem to be…feeling more.

Hmm.
ThicknPretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 12:25 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Boy, howdy. I feel like I have been on a roller coaster emotionally since I started this plan. Not a clue what to do except get to the end and see what happens.

Barb
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 12:50 PM   #4  

I am now able to realize when I am eating because I am hungry, or because I am anxious or irratable or depressed or sad or angry. I am not always able to not eat during those times, so that is what I am working on.

I have noticed that when I am really hungry, I am able to eat a small amount (say a slice of cheese), and I it really helps to quiet the hungries and help me to focus on things other than food.
Old 03-16-2010, 04:33 PM   #5  
I will never give up.

S/C/G: 160/131.8/110

Height: 5'3.5" Yep, the half matters!

Yes, yes, yes. I do this too. Unfortunately, for me, it's stress and pent-up anger that comes out when I have to feel things. My boyfriend jokingly tells me I've turned into a rage-a-holic since I started eating normally because now I let out feelings instead of holding them in. Whoops... But knowing that I am doing something good for my body by not staying overweight is calming.
bama girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 05:09 PM   #6  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

OMG, yes! Not only am I having to face up to emotions of all kinds, but I also find the down side of my exercise choices (such as swimming laps) gives me too much time to think.
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 05:21 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bama girl View Post
Yes, yes, yes. I do this too. Unfortunately, for me, it's stress and pent-up anger that comes out when I have to feel things. My boyfriend jokingly tells me I've turned into a rage-a-holic since I started eating normally because now I let out feelings instead of holding them in. Whoops... But knowing that I am doing something good for my body by not staying overweight is calming.
Me too! I am hoping that eating better and losing weight will help with all of the hormonal influenced emotions and whatnot.

I am feeling weird right now in that I am not hungry, but I want to go shopping really badly. I think just going home by myself is a bit...lonesome. I also think that like eating, I may shop to excess, even though I do stick to a budget. I often wonder why I never seem to get all of my shopping done at once, even though that is my goal.

I made it to 21 days (make that 22!), and now I am worried about keeping up the pace and the focus. So far I have only lost 4 pounds and am a bit perturbed.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:39 PM   #8  
A Turtle loser

S/C/G: 254/239/200

Yes, I noticed when my husband left last week, that I wouldn't see him until the 1st. (Truck driver) that when I came in the house I was looking for something to cook and eat, it wasn't even dinner, or time to eat yet, but I stopped and said to myself it is ok to be sad, you don thave to turn to food for comfort. IT's The self sabotage I need working on.
Michelle1210 is offline   Reply With Quote