Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 02-15-2010, 08:00 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 320/185/165-170

Height: 5'5"

i dont know what to say to make this better for you ladies that are on the early days... just know my heart goes out to you and i am here to listen...and support you... if i had been alone with all the desserts this weekend, i might have binged... but i wasnt alone so i didnt have a chance to...

know that we allllll understand... i am so proud of you all.... lets ROCK this week!!!
happytobeamomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 08:09 PM   #17  

Height: 4'11"

Today is day 15 for me. I'm feeling pretty strong.

To those really struggling to find the will.. My heart does go out for you, as I have been there so many times - and will probably be there again at some point - but just keep going. Just keep your chin up! And keep coming back here, it's so inspirational
ravensglen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 11:36 PM   #18  
eratosthanes

S/C/G: 297/273/170

I want to work on the binging (have had several in the last two weeks, after NONE for a month, this bout was started by a pint of Hagendaz) but I am facing a bit of a problem. We are celebrating V'day today (he worked a double yesterday) so we went to McDonald's for breakfast, then I had a hot dog COVERED in chili for lunch. I have tried to restrict my calories for the rest of the day, because we are having chocolate covered gummi candy for dessert, which I have no problem with once in a while.

Today is not the problem, it is tomorrow and the rest of the week when I have left-over gummis and magic shell in the house, not to mention an entire stack of candy-bars (all my favorites) that he has stashed. I can't get to them, but I KNOW they are there, and it is going to drive me bonkers.
eratosthanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 08:45 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 160/see ticker/140

Height: 5'8''

Working on day 2 for me :-) Survived work last night which is usually where I have the most trouble. I also have my first appointment with a therapist here at the school and am looking forward to it. Everyone have a great day!
duqserb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 09:27 AM   #20  

Height: 4'11"

Nice work duqserb!!! Let us know how it goes!
ravensglen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 10:22 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 124/119/110

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogMomNP View Post
Hi Ladies.

Day 10!!! Lately, for me this is good.
However I made it this far a couple of weeks ago, then fell of the wagon HARD CORE so I'm not getting too excited yet.

I feel composed overall though. Sure I would love to have pizza or dessert, but I don't feel a COMPULSION to do so.
See, I spoke too soon.Day 1.
Had a mini (500 cal) binge yesterday.
Unexpected trigger: Hubby wasn't home when I got home. That NEVER happens. A lot harder to be good when there is no one to see you screw up!!!!
DogMomNP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 11:47 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/145

Height: 5'9

DogMom -- all of my binges start when I'm alone! They usually continue when others are around, I'm just good at being secretive.

D -- do let us know how the therapy session went! I'm considering setting one of my own up, I just have to save a little money first.

Congrats to all the ladies who are staying strong...I knew you all could! And for those of you dusting yourselves off...congrats for getting back on track!

I'm on day 5! I was so worried about today because I thought I would be away from home and around food. But, the snow is so bad and everything got canceled! I still have class and a meeting tonight, but I know I can make it though those, no sweat!

Have a good day chickies!
foxxy511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 11:54 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 124/119/110

Height: 5'4"

Foxxy: There have been times I have had secretive binges, but SO much more of a trigger when blatantly alone!!

Congrats on day 5.
DogMomNP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 01:22 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

I made it to day 8. However, I had a close one this morning. I thought I went over my cals at breakfast, and that set me off to keep going. Can you believe it?! That can make me want to eat, too?! I wanted to eat more and more cereal. I had to get away from the food and come here. Thank God I came here! (I really think something else is going on in my head today, though.)
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 01:22 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 165/125/125

Height: 5'6

day 3 is done. I just had dinner and I feel full and satisfied. Day 4 tomorrow and I feel like I broke the "doesn't matter anyway" cycle. I don't want to start over on day1 again.

My mother went to get groceries earlier and when she came back she told me with a big smile that she got some candy for me. It was a giant, really, really giant chocolate bar. Two years ago, I would have been delighted, so she meant to be nice. She just refuses to remember that I told her I don't want candy.
I thanked her and took it. Now I need to get rid of it somehow.

I spent some time wondering what would have happened if I had told her the whole story. That a bite of the chocolate would result in eating the whole giant bar within 15min and then going on until it hurts.
Lizaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 01:27 PM   #26  
eratosthanes

Hmm... Realized I posted this in last week's... Here it is then.

Yep, started out eating my 6 gummi candies dipped in chocolate, and ended up finishing the whole bag. Luckily, I ate most of it without the chocolate, but sure enough I woke up in the middle of the night and ate an entire King size 3 Musketeers.

So, this morning I had my favorite non-binge food for breakfast. It is basically *******ized sushi. Everything in a California roll stirred up in a bowl. It is delicious, filling, and tastes so good I forget I am eating something good for me. I won't be hungry again until my dinner, where I am having one of the healthy Mexican soups I make. A couple of bowls of that for the rest of the day, and I will be back on track.

My goal today is no sugar, though I had a littler creamer in my coffee
Old 02-16-2010, 04:47 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 160/see ticker/140

Height: 5'8''

Hey guys, just got back from my therapy session. I am really excited about this and am so glad that this kind of service is even available to me here at the school. I'm meeting with the therapist again next Tuesday but I will also be participating in a group session that starts on Thursday. What she wants me to do tho for the next week is write down daily food records...everything I put in my mouth, where I'm doing it, was it a binge, and what was going on in my head prior to or during the eating. It's going to be weird because I had started back on my calorie counting yesterday but she doesn't want me to do that for the next week....just eat like I normally would and see if I have any binges ect. We shall see how it goes :-)

~D~
duqserb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 09:16 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 173/136/125

Height: 4"11'

binged today. Paying for it now. Feel sick Gonna do better tomorrow!
Maryjaneld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 09:25 PM   #29  
eratosthanes

Oops! I posted in the wrong one again! Here it is.

So far today I have done WONDERFUL! Day 1 with no binge. I have eaten a roll of sushi, a few handfuls of crab meat, a glass of milk, and a glass of juice. I am about to go make a excellent Mexican soup that I can afford three bowls full, if I don't get full first YAY!

Last edited by eratosthanes; 02-16-2010 at 09:26 PM.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:01 PM   #30  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

Day 1 for me, always is the hardest. I did ok today , had about 1220 calories which is a little higher than usual when I am trying to lose weight that i gained from a really bad binge(about 3500 calories this time). I felt sick, had heartburn all night, had night sweats, couldn't sleep, dry mouth and burning eyes. And to top it off i woke up with red blotched all over my face! This always happens, so why do I do it? So far I gained 2 lbs., but sometimes it takes two days for all the weight to show up on the scale. It doesn't all show up at once, it sucks because even though I get right back to my diet the next day after a binge, I'm still gaining from it. It will get easier tomorrow to resist temptation.
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote