Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 12-20-2009, 03:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 274 / 216 / 150

Height: 5'6"

Default Bad Week

I caught a bit of a flu this week so I skipped going to the gym. When I started feeling better I slipped up badly and overate until my stomach hurt. I don't even understand really the mentality of why I did that. Very rarely do I binge eat and I didn't even acknowledge what I was doing until the food was gone. Eating so much made me feel ill again so I skipped out on a gym another day. I went from going to the gym every day without fail to missing an entire week. I just feel like I slipped up badly and feeling guilty over it. The weight I lost last week is back on again so easily. I just want to be able to tell myself it's ok if I slip up as long as I get back on my feet again, but it's not so easy to do so. I think I'm feeling so guilty because this is the first time I've been so adamant about leading a healthier lifestyle.

If you've had bad days or weeks before, how do you get back on track?
Smiller264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 04:22 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 290/283/150

Height: 5'10"

I just pick myself back up and dive into it. I think about how if I start again RIGHT NOW I will be losing again, RIGHT THAT MINUTE. All you can do is just dive back into it. It's not about never falling, it's about being able to stand back up again when you do fall.
megwini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 06:48 PM   #3  
Carpe diem

S/C/G: 105/78.9/65

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiller264 View Post
I caught a bit of a flu this week so I skipped going to the gym. When I started feeling better I slipped up badly and overate until my stomach hurt. I don't even understand really the mentality of why I did that. Very rarely do I binge eat and I didn't even acknowledge what I was doing until the food was gone. Eating so much made me feel ill again so I skipped out on a gym another day. I went from going to the gym every day without fail to missing an entire week. I just feel like I slipped up badly and feeling guilty over it. The weight I lost last week is back on again so easily. I just want to be able to tell myself it's ok if I slip up as long as I get back on my feet again, but it's not so easy to do so. I think I'm feeling so guilty because this is the first time I've been so adamant about leading a healthier lifestyle.

If you've had bad days or weeks before, how do you get back on track?
I'll admit that it is difficult to get back on track once I slip; I get the same guilty feelings. I deal with it by admitting to myself that I screwed up. I am human, I make mistakes. Get up, dust yourself off and just get back to it. Getting motivated again after a slip-up or a binge can be tough.

Since I do a lot of martial arts, meditation is one of the things I do on a regular basis. I don't do meditation for higher enlightenment, I use it to control my body and my mind; I breathe and work through the problems I'm having in my head. When I slip, I meditate on it- what made me slip, what were the conditions that caused it, what was I doing at the time, what can I do to minimise my risk for next time, and what solutions are available to me are all questions I ask myself when I binge.

Give yourself permission to not be perfect and if you're dead serious about losing weight, you'll pick yourself up despite all the guilt and look forward to the end goal. After my disastrous weigh-in this morning (87.2 on the scale!), I said that I would lose 100 grams by Christmas (1/4 pound) and another 200 by New Year's. I dropped my goal back to something more manageable for me.
Mollz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 07:11 PM   #4  

Height: 4'11"

It's really hard, but try to look forward. Can't do anything about the past. You've done a great job picking yourself up, but just realize in 2 weeks, if you stay on plan...that binge will be 2 weeks behind you. And as more time passes, you will be even further from it. Keep on keeping on.... you can do it!!! One minute, one meal, one day at a time. Keep your chin up
ravensglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 08:02 PM   #5  
If you wanna Rock It . .

S/C/G: 248/164*low*/145

Height: 5'4"

when i have a bad day or week, i just remember I took the first step back then to start, and that this would be easier than that since I already know I can do it.
Everyone slips up, everyone has bad days . . . don't beat yourself up over it. You can do it!!
Coondocks is offline   Reply With Quote