Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 10-24-2009, 11:20 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/145

Height: 5'9

I agree with D, Skyra...it's great that you're recognizing the changes in your bingeing -- I wish I could do the same! And I'm glad to hear you didn't feel disgusted with yourself...there was no reason for you to! You're human and WILL make mistakes...learning from them is the most important part and it seems that you have.

Iris, I hope you had a good night last night!

Today is Day 4. I'm a little stressed out and that's never good for my eating habits, but I can and will control what goes in my mouth! Have a good, binge-free day everyone!
foxxy511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 12:23 PM   #77  
better, faster, stronger

S/C/G: 150/131.5/125

Height: 5'2.5"

dugserb and foxxy -- thanks so much for the support. My head is definitely still in the game... weekends are the hardest for me... here's to going today binge-free!!
Skyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 12:50 PM   #78  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Hey Ladies. Way to work it for all of us. I am so glad we have this thread.

Doing okay so far. I didn't exercise this morning BUT I cleaned house. I am enjoying some egg whites, brocolli and tomatoes now with some parmasean.

Going out w the hubby today. Babysitter is on her way. I am so glad he supports me on this. He KNOWS when we go out together that my dietary needs are paramount. If we eat he always suggests "safe" places that have good choices for me! I have to also brag here and say that hubby spent the week in NYC. He got to go to Central Park every day! He said it is beautiful and amazing right now--but that it was nothing without me! I am such a lucky gal! It made me want to cry.

Sorry, I had to write it somewhere. Now returning to your regularly scheduled "Just say NO to the BiNgE" thread!!

Last edited by Thighs Be Gone; 10-24-2009 at 12:51 PM.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 01:31 PM   #79  

Aw, Thighs, your DH is so sweet! I hope you have fun on your outing!
Old 10-24-2009, 08:01 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 160/see ticker/140

Height: 5'8''

Ok....so it's Sat night, towards the end of being binge free for 6 days...and I'm starting to feel a binge coming on. I'm not stressed, I'm not upset/emotional, and I'm not even bored. I bought some nutella yesterday and when I put some on my english muffin awhile ago when I was having dinner I felt like I wanted to eat the whole jar. Just slather it over numberous pieces of bread and gobble it down :-/ Eesh....haven't had this urge all stinkin week. Damn you nutella. I've been doing so good I CAN'T give in. Sucky thing is I know nobody is online now so if I needed a quick pick me up I won't get it. Gotta do this on my own. Let's hope I can....*breathe*

~D~
duqserb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 08:05 PM   #81  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Height: 5'3"

duqserb, you have done so great all week. You can do this! Can you throw the nutella out the window or something? I can't even have that stuff in my house - too dangerous!
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 08:30 PM   #82  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Don't do it! You'll be so disappointed in yourself if you do. Plus it sounds like you thoroughly enjoyed your english muffin with the nutella. The second one never tastes as good as the first. You know that it's just not worth it. If it fits into your plan, you can have another fabulous one tomorrow and thoroughly enjoy that one! Step away from the Nutella!
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 08:34 PM   #83  

Thanks guys! I def don't wanna throw it cuz I just payed $5 for the jar yesterday! I thought I'd get it cheaper at this little italian deli, wrong! I'm basically staying out of the kitchen...even though it's only 10 feet away from me (gotta love dorms). But I think I'll be ok...if I have ANYTHING else tonight it'll be a piece of fruit :-) thanks again tho..I appreciate the support!

~D~
Old 10-24-2009, 08:59 PM   #84  

Sooo I just did something a tad bit nutty lol I went into the kitchen to make myself a cup of green tea. While I'm standing there waiting for the water to boil in the microwave I reach into my cabinet grab the jar of nuttella aaaannnndddd scream at it I DON'T NEED YOU!!! Then proceeded to shove it way in the back of cabinet and then I started listing off every reason why I DID need the other stuff in my cabinet...like tuna for my omega 3s and protein...and my kashi cereal and oatmeal for my fiber and to help keep my cholesterol in check ect ect Then I moved to my fridge and did the same thing! Needless to say I walked out of my kitchen feeling empowered! A tad bit crazy..but empowered! lol

~D~
Old 10-24-2009, 09:10 PM   #85  
better, faster, stronger

dugserb -- AWESOME!! I think I might try to do that next time food is tempting me. I say if it makes you feel empowered, do it!
Old 10-24-2009, 09:22 PM   #86  

D ~ that is awesome! I really like the idea of talking down to food you don't need. Like you, I just had this urge to binge. No reason. I'm not all that hungry. I think it's cause I've been writing my thesis all day and it's really starting to wear on me. I just now went downstairs to make some 100 cal popcorn and while it was popping I had a bite of a pastry and about 10 Cheez-its. I was two seconds away from opening the PB when I mentally shook myself, put down the PB, grabbed my popcorn and ran away! I'm under my points for the day, so I don't think those little nibbles put me over. I'm just mad that I can't figure out the reason behind it. Next time, I'll yell at it before I put it in my mouth, haha.
Old 10-24-2009, 11:35 PM   #87  

haha I'm glad all you guys liked my strategy. I'm telling ya.....it was pretty awesome lol Just like you wouldn't take crap from a person who was treating you bad or was not good for your health...well you shouldn't have to take any crap from a food group either! That sounds so stupid but I'm sure you know what I mean. It allowed me to REALLY vent my frustration at a moment I was tempted to binge. I suggest all you ladies try it ;-)

~D~
Old 10-25-2009, 10:45 AM   #88  

So I survived the nutella last night and actually went to sleep kinda hungry! Which I know isn't good but I had already brushed my teeth and was ready for bed, wasn't about to eat anything then. So then I jumped on the scale this morning and it said 145.8! So now I KNOW that I don't have to count every single calorie...just don't overeat and don't binge and hopefully I'll lose a couple pounds :-)

~D~
Old 10-25-2009, 02:24 PM   #89  
better, faster, stronger

hooray dugserb! congrats not eating the nutella and it's good to know you don't have to count every calorie and still lose weight. I'm a little discouraged because I haven't lost weight yet ... but maybe 5 days of non-binging isn't enough to lose any. at any rate, I'm still chugging along and it's good to know other people are too.
Old 10-25-2009, 07:11 PM   #90  

I'm going to try and prevent a binge by announcing to you all here and now that I WILL NOT touch the pumpkin pie my mom will be bringing home tomorrow. She home-schools a little girl and they're constantly making pies together and she NEVER leaves them at the little girl's house, but brings them home instead. I asked her not to today but she got all mad and said I have to have self-control and I can't deprive others. Sigh. So, I hope that by making a promise to you girls that I'll actually stick to it. I can't seem to stick to promises I make to myself.