Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 10-22-2009, 12:28 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 146/139/133

Height: 5'7"

Tuna--what a great idea! Too bad I didn't see your post BEFORE I ate. I had a 1/2 sandwich with peanut butter and honey. Not exactly low calorie, but I didn't stand there and eat the peanut butter straight out of the jar and I didn't get that crazy rush feeling. It feels foreign, but I think this is how a normal person eats. (eat when you are hungry, pick relatively healthy choices, eat a reasonable amount, don't get obsessed, don't get too excited--it just food, etc.)

Day Four: not too bad and no binges for me!
KarenLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 12:46 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 160/see ticker/140

Height: 5'8''

Well now you know tuna's a good option for next time :-) And congrats on not eating the pb outta the jar!! That's also my biggest problem. I partially solved it though by finding a brand of pb that's not as sweet and actually has omega-3's which are good for me :-) It's the Smart Balance brand if you wanna check it out. Day #3 for me! Yeeyyy for us!

~D~
duqserb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 09:49 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

I'ts funny how knowing I'm not alone, that other people have this strange desire to eat everything in sight sort of makes me feel more in control. Does anyone else feel this way?

Before, it was a deep dark secret that I felt no one else could understand. But talking with you guys I realize that others do understand and I'm not as odd as I believed. And somehow it gives me more power over my eating. ???? The mind and emotions are very strange.

Sarah in MD
sarahyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 10:32 AM   #64  
starting over again

S/C/G: 361/334/180

Height: 5'5"

I am so screamingly frustrated! I had a binge that started at 8pm last night and didn't end until my DH pulled the food from my hands and asked me some hard questions! Why is this so hard? I didn't even like what I was eating, and my stomach hurt because it was to much! why!?!

...so now its binge-free day one again and time for some self examination, why is it that as I get SO close to my first goal of being under 300lbs that I keep sabotaging myself? Why am I so self destructive?! Why eat till it hurts?!
lostbutstilltrying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 11:03 AM   #65  

I do the same thing. I do my best and eat healthy all day long and as soon as night comes I eat and eat and eat. I eat more calories at night than I have eaten all day long. To make it worse, every night I wake up in the middle of the night and eat! It's hard to have will power at 3 am.
kmarie18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 11:04 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

lost. I have had those nights... but you know, the great thing is you have an awesome attitude about starting in again right away to day - stick with that! You can do it - we're all rooting for you. =)
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 02:13 PM   #67  
a FATabulous girl

S/C/G: 470/392/180

Height: 5 ft 8 in

Sorry gal's, I have been in a "Funk" as of late, I mean I have not binged but I have been in my own world, moody ec... I think its from the lack of food, I don't know...ugh.. But I have been thinking of ordering ourlife fresh meals to my house, the ones Ruby is on? I really need to get my life under control. I think what helps is getting out of the house and i signed up for a 14 day free trial at our local gym The Rush fitness complex. I am going to go down there next Friday when we get paid. I also start school this tuesday, I'm finally getting my GED and applying for college! This week is going to be tight on funds so i think ill just go get bags of frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts and bags of veggies. we will see.... I need to make 50 bucks work for a week for myself and my hubby...
christymourning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 05:00 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 146/139/133

Height: 5'7"

Default thank you!

I just wanted to say how grateful I am for all the online support and honesty. It really helps!

I am also a bit in a funk, the PMS is starting to get me (I usually get really moody). I usually start EATING when my emotions start getting to me like this, but I am committed to staying on plan.

I didn't make it to the gym today, which was another bummer, but so far I am on track food-wise.

I am going away for the weekend with my girlfriends and I have lots of healthy snacks packed. Wish me luck! I will let you know on Sunday how I did!!

Five days binge free!

Karen
KarenLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 06:03 PM   #69  

I also think the support all week has been phenomenal! On my fifth day of being binge free and I have no intention whatsoever of ruining that tonight! Let's all do our best to stay on track this weekend as well ladies!!

~D~
Old 10-23-2009, 07:01 PM   #70  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Hey Ladies..not sure how I didn't see this thread before now..but I want to join if that's okay...I am doing okay the last couple of days..definitely have my times though...also, I have have LOCKED up cereal at my house...horrible it has come to this...my hubby and children all eat it and it MUST be here...so, it had to be locked away from ME and my MOUTH...

so glad you guys understand..so glad I am not alone..what the **** took us this long to come up with this thread idea??????
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 09:39 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/145

Height: 5'9

Christy, Karen, D...so glad to hear you girls have stayed strong! That's some inspiration I need! Today is Day 3 for me. I don't want to binge, but the urge is ever present. Why is that?

Thighs, I totally understand about food that must be in the house, yet must stay away from me. Unfortunately, my family won't lock it up...instead the jar of cookies and plate of pastries is sitting on the counter.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!
foxxy511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 11:44 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

Ok. I want to eat. I need to not eat. I was still hungry and decided to grab a little more to eat before bed - started in and started justifying just bingeing and starting over again tomorrow - NO! I want tomorrow to be day 7, not day 1!!! Channeling all my strength tonight.
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 11:54 PM   #73  

IRIS STAY STRONG!!!!!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! Just hold on to that "good, I can do this" feeling. And think about how AWFUL you'll feel if you binge! You're right...be a day 7 not a day 1!!! God grant you strength girlie...I want to hear GOOD news tomorrow!

~D~
Old 10-24-2009, 02:18 AM   #74  
better, faster, stronger

S/C/G: 150/131.5/125

Height: 5'2.5"

Hey guys... I'm sorry to admit that I binged tonight. Not on one thing in particular, but I just kept eating and eating ... no matter what I ate I still felt hungry! I think it was more of a mental hunger than a physical one... I ate almost twice the amount of food I do normally; there's no reason I should have been hungry, but I felt such a strong need to eat...

There's a good side, though: I didn't feel the usual feelings of blankness or disgust (I paid attention to what and how much I was eating); I didn't stuff myself to feeling sick; and I only ate one cookie. There was a whole bin of them, but I didn't feel nearly as strong an urge to eat every single one. Most of the food I overate on was pretty healthy, actually (like edamame).

So even though I ate far more than I needed, and will reset my counter (sigh), I'm still proud to have gotten as far as 5 days. It's also heartening to know that even after just 5 days, my binging habits have changed at least a little. And I'll get right back on track.

Iris, I hope you made it through binge-free ... same for the rest of you.
Skyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 09:46 AM   #75  

Skyra....even though you binged it's actually GOOD that you recognize the differences in the WAY you were bingeing. And pat yourself on the back girl, you made it for 5 days!! We can't expect to stop bingeing cold turkey. But doing these little challenges makes us realize that we CAN go a few days without bingeing and before ya know the span of time between each binge will get longer and longer and finally there will be NO bingeing! So just keep your head in the game girl..you can do it!

~D~