Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 09-28-2009, 06:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 193/169/145

Height: 5'6"

Question Is this a forum for recovered bulimics/anorexics?

I'm curious... I've seen posts here for binging, just wondering as a recovered (well, I have my struggles) bulimic, if this is the place to look for advise & support..? It seems several things are hitting me all at once, and getting triggered by old familiar stressors. (sigh)...

Let me know, thanks!!
kellygram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 06:47 PM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I think this is more geared towards healthy weight loss in general, but I am sure there are other members who have had issues similar to yours.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 06:47 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

I think the "Chicks in Control" branch of the forum is along those lines. Are you in group therapy or OA? I find that group helps me keep sane from week to week.
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 07:50 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

The "Chicks in Control" forum is a place for those of us who have struggled with eating disorders. Welcome to the forum, I'm a binger, not a purger, and we're all here for the same reason as you: to share our struggles. I'm sorry to hear about your triggers, I'm right there myself so I know how that feels. What's on your mind?
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:44 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 193/169/145

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabeskinny View Post
The "Chicks in Control" forum is a place for those of us who have struggled with eating disorders. Welcome to the forum, I'm a binger, not a purger, and we're all here for the same reason as you: to share our struggles. I'm sorry to hear about your triggers, I'm right there myself so I know how that feels. What's on your mind?
Hi and thanks for responding everyone. Normally I would write this stuff in my diet blog, however my friend (mentioned here) has my blog link and I'd rather she not know about all this. This is lengthy... beware!!!

I've been feeling overwhelmed since coming home from NM 2 weeks ago, where I'd gone to hang out with my good friend of 20 years. She's really supportive, showered me with praise... she knew me back when I was a lost 21 yr old struggling with an eating disorder, and she's seen me through the years rebelling against dieting and gaining over 50 lbs in 15 years.

We had a great time, and once I got home I posted some photos on Facebook, all happy to show off the new me emerging (up until this time I had NO pics of me on FB, just my cats!). My mom saw the pics and asked how much weight I lost and squealed with delight when I told her 40 lbs. Then my brother called and complimented the pics too. FB friends from high school even sent messages to tell me how good I look in my new profile pic (the one here). My crush in HS? HE sent me a message, holy cow!

So... I'd been home a few days when I made a protein shake for breakfast one day. Then another for lunch, and another after dinner. The next day I made a BIG one, with the works... choc protein powder, frozen banana, cocoa powder, more milk, etc. Something about that over-full feeling was so gratifying. I counted the calories and gasped... 500+ calories! Oh, cr@p... Then something very familiar took over, like riding a bike. Once it started (the binge), it took on a life of its own... I mindlessly did it again over the next several days.

I think all the praise was triggering for me, I'm not used to it. Also all the pressure I've been putting on myself to reach goal... I'm very hard on myself. I'm taking a break for a little while, which gives me the chance to practice the art of maintenance
Thanks for listening, sorry that this is so long!!

Last edited by kellygram; 09-29-2009 at 12:48 AM.
kellygram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 08:03 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

You certainly did have a trigger, and I think all the attention is what did it. Suddenly you're in the spotlight, everyone is rooting for you and the pressure is on. Before you were doing it for yourself and now you're in full view. It's not feasable to do it in private, not for long anyway and when we emerge as someone who is "doing all the right things" the pressure can be too much to handle. I think you're doing the right thing maintaining for a while. Think of it as climbing a hill and you're stopping to take a rest.... whatever you do don't climb back down though.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote