Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 09-30-2009, 09:58 AM   #16  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasMom View Post
Sometimes those things happen. Chalk it up to a bad day/bad mood/etc. Just move forward. I would do the same thing then QUIT weight watchers. Now after I do it I just chalk it up to a bad day/bad mood and DO NOT quit. One day/one meal will not ruin everything. Allow yourself to have pizza - whatever quanity you want - give up the guilt - move forward. Perhaps as the weigh comes off you will be more inclined to stop after a piece or two. Maybe pizza will always be your vice. Just don't quit. Tomorrow is a new day.
This in my opinion is complete BS. The OP in her own words is a self confessed binging and puking pizza addict:

Quote:
Pizza is my worst binge food EVER. I'll get a whole large/family pizza and I just can't stop eating it.
Quote:
I literally stuffed myself to the point where the food could not physically fit it into my stomach

Why in the world are you telling her to keep doing this to herself? AND to do it guilt free? YIKES!

Nikki, in my humble and personal opinion, I would suggest giving up foods that cause you to binge beyond stomach capacity. Purging, (whether it was intentional or because of the utter force of excess food in your stomach), is extremely bad for your esophagus, teeth, heart, and every other part of mind, body and soul.

There is no one single food that you can not live a happy and healthy life without.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 11:51 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 246/233/175

Height: 5'8"

She may have misunderstood the severity of the binge, I know I did. I didn't pay attention to the subject title. After re-reading the OP's post I do see exactly what you mean. So I too have to scratch what I said before, I wasn't thinking along the lines of purge when i replied. I will edit it, im so sorry!
jefferzzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 06:21 PM   #18  
Graceful Loser

Pizza is a rare and special treat for me, because I KNOW I'll binge if I have it too often. So at parties and luncheons, family-type celebrations here at home, and sometimes, out in town (My bestie's favorite place is Pizza Hut) I'll have a slice or two. It's just so good and doesn't fill me up right away, so I'm chomping it down until I really am SICK.

Ice-cream, as mentioned by BettyBooty earlier, is my other issue. I can literally eat ice-cream for a meal and devour an entire pint, maybe more. It's my biggest weakness .. so I don't buy it anymore.

Sometimes you have to give up things you love in order to move forward.
Hamoco350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 06:50 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
I kind of agree with this. I went several months without french fries (they are not a "trigger" food for me, but most definitely one of my favorite foods). A few months ago, I ended up breaking down and having some. I felt so guilty! I figure it's not worth the guilt so I allow myself to have them at least once a week. Uhh, sometimes more frequently. So far, it hasn't derailed me. I guess that's because I still keep my calories pretty low...even on french fry days.
The key in this is that fries are not a trigger food but a favorite food. I think it's great to allow yourself to plan for and enjoy favorite foods. But if you can't control yourself with that food and you know it, steer clear!

Last edited by Aclai4067; 09-30-2009 at 06:51 PM.
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 04:49 AM   #20  
PRINCESS WITH A PLAN

Height: 5'5

i am proud to say pizza is something i dont have a problem with. i can make it and be around it and not be tempted to eat any of it . But i do have a weakness or i wouldnt need a site like this lol . my weakness is ice cream. my solution for you is to eat the pizza just by teaking it a bit when ordering it tell them to go lite on the sauce and get healthy topping this way you arnt completly cutting it out. or if you think you could do it make your own using bagels. i did this with ice cream now i eat frozen yogart or i found if i freeze cool whip it satifies me.

i hope this helps
TIARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 07:18 PM   #21  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

i have to plan my interactions with pizza carefully. i try to avoid it, but thats not always possible because its such a "social" thing. whenever there are some people over here everyone wants to order a pizza. the good thing about it, is that it almost ALWAYS gets all eaten, so i grab what i want and leave the rest. usually if i take my time eating, by the time i get up for more, too late!

if there are leftovers, i try to send them home with someone. worst case scenario, it gets the "i cant have this in my house treatment". i open the box, squirt it with dishsoap, and throw it away. i doubt id actually go into the trash to get it (which is why i use the dishsoap), but hey... you never know.
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:55 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 297/ticker/176

Height: 180cm/6ft

Thanks again guys for your advice!

I honestly think it's true I just need to avoid it for a while. I can't be trusted, but it's more that I'm alone and I have no-one there to see me gorge on it. I think if I was in a social situation, then that would be better because I wouldn't embarrass myself by eating so much!

But no, definitely wasn't intentional to be sick. I got up off the couch and knew I was in for trouble, and ran to the bathroom! You're so right, being sick is terrible for your body and I have no intention of doing it again. And yep Lori, I think it's not a good thing to advise to continue doing that! But I took it more to mean I can still have the foods I like, just not to the point where I'm sick. The question is... can I do that?

LucasMom I knew what you meant though - not to beat myself up about it and use it as an excuse to give up. I definitely won't do that. And I think it's true, I will get to the point where I can have it (but not binge on it) and just move on, not have the guilt etc.

But I'm feeling good at the moment - I've had a great week food and exercise wise, so this weekend I don't want to do anything to mess it up. Here's to a pizza-free weekend!!!!
Aussie Nikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 12:12 AM   #23  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

At the very least, vomiting something up usually makes you not want to eat it for a while, lol. Look on the bright side and all that.....
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 02:32 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 297/ticker/176

Height: 180cm/6ft

Success! I made it through the entire weekend without pizza. Woooo!

Okay, I did have a think about a treat that I would really like to eat, and I wanted a sausage in a roll. So I got some extra lean sausages (100 cals each) some buns and had a couple over the course of the weekend.

Satisfying, without stuffing my diet!
Aussie Nikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 03:13 AM   #25  
Inspired

S/C/G: 275 / 208 / 135

Height: 5'5"

I think my suggestion for pizza eaters is to buy pizza by the slice if you're craving it badly and then take it home to eat it rather than in the pizzeria. OR go to the store and get those delicious Lean Cuisine pizzas, the margarita pizza and the cheese pizza are the lowest in calories, about 300 and 340 each. They help curb my pizza cravings without over doing it and I'm guilt free. They also fit in with weight watcher points.
Minya is offline   Reply With Quote