Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 09-29-2009, 03:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 297/ticker/176

Height: 180cm/6ft

Default Pizza.... then puking

Pizza is my worst binge food EVER. I'll get a whole large/family pizza and I just can't stop eating it. For the past few weeks I've been on plan, but the other night I decided to get one medium supreme pizza (at a place that uses low-fat cheese), and ended up with TWO (they had a two for one deal) and gorged myself so badly I ended up throwing up. I literally stuffed myself to the point where the food could not physically fit it into my stomach.

I wish I could just have a couple of slices and be satisfied, but for some reason I never am. I'm beginning to think it's something I'll never be able to have again, but the thought of that makes me want to cry!

How do you guys deal with that food you just can't stop eating once you start? Will this insatiable appetite for pizza ever go away????
Aussie Nikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 08:37 AM   #2  

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'4"

Honestly, I try really hard not to buy it. Really, really hard.

I had a problem with those ice cream pints. Any weekend day my husband was out with friends or away for business, I'd buy a low cal french bread pizza and a pint of ice cream. I'd eat the pizza, then devour the pint of ice cream. The last time I caught myself doing this - actually felt aware of my ice cream binge - I took the carton straight to the sink and filled it with hot water, melting away the ice cream and stopping myself from eating it.

I find I have to ruin the food - down the sink, douse in Windex, make it inedible - to really stop myslef *if* I have that moment of awareness and can stop myself.
BettyBooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 04:24 PM   #3  
This means war...

S/C/G: 277/237/199

Height: 5'2"

I too am a pizza addict. It is the one food I cannot control myself around. when I make it, and I must often because my son requests it every night it's his turn to chose dinner, I immediatly fire up the vaccum packer and get the left overs into the freezer before I even begin eating my portion. I can not be trusted.
pizza=satan. nuf said.
Mango30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 05:54 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

I don't have any suggestions, but pizza is one of my weaknesses. Chips too- salty stuff. I read cheese does have addicting additive in it. I make my own with pita bread and lowfat cheese..but nothing beats a greasy slice of pizza from a pizzeria‎! Just remember how bad and sick you felt when you ate so much now and maybe it'll be easier to hold back from it next time.

Last edited by ringmaster; 09-29-2009 at 05:55 PM.
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 06:17 PM   #5  
Wishes I could be a cat!

S/C/G: 249/241/150

Height: 5'2

Pizza is definitely my weakness. I could eat a whole pizza and still want more. I think its something I will not be able to buy/eat until I am able to control myself. Good luck hun.
momto3kittiess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 06:24 PM   #6  
Really gonna do it!!

S/C/G: 215/209/155

Height: 5'7"

I try very hard not to have it around, but I also have kids that want it...so that's tough. For me, I have at least scoped out all of the frozen ones, and I know which ones have less calorie count IF I eat the whole thing...like some of those that are "for one" and such. They don't taste nearly as good as "the real thing"...but they are still pretty good. I know that I am incapable of eating a reasonable portion of a really good pizza, so I just limit what pizza I have access to. Same thing with cheese...I buy the little "snack cheeses" that limit my portions (as long as I don't open up one after another)
DoubleDomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 06:53 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I never have any of that stuff in the house. I can have one piece at a restaurant but cannot have a whole one in the house, too dangerous.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 07:44 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 226/158.2/137

Height: 5'6

so there are two things I'll do, because pizza is a huge trigger for me too. First I will not eat it alone. So I will take 3 pieces and then let the other people I'm around eat the rest. Or I will get myself a personal pizza. I can't stop myself either so I need a pre controlled portion.
nineoceansaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 08:31 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 297/ticker/176

Height: 180cm/6ft

Thanks so much guys, it's good to know I'm not the only pizza addict. So true Mango, Pizza = Satan!!! Made me laugh!

Good advice though - I like the idea of dousing it in Windex, and just not buying a big one so I physically can't eat that much of it. I'll try making my own with pita bread, that actually sounds really nice!

But it's true ringmaster, I think after being sick on it now it might help me stay away. I'll just remember how awful I felt when I was sick, and tell myself it's really not worth it.

Thanks so much for your support guys!
Aussie Nikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 08:45 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Nikki View Post
Pizza is my worst binge food EVER. I'll get a whole large/family pizza and I just can't stop eating it. For the past few weeks I've been on plan, but the other night I decided to get one medium supreme pizza (at a place that uses low-fat cheese), and ended up with TWO (they had a two for one deal) and gorged myself so badly I ended up throwing up. I literally stuffed myself to the point where the food could not physically fit it into my stomach.

I wish I could just have a couple of slices and be satisfied, but for some reason I never am. I'm beginning to think it's something I'll never be able to have again, but the thought of that makes me want to cry!

How do you guys deal with that food you just can't stop eating once you start? Will this insatiable appetite for pizza ever go away????
I'm the exact same way with pizza. I've vomited on multiple occasions. For me, I just can't get pizza. At least not by myself, if other people are around I can limit myself. My substitute is to get a lean cusine or smart ones personal pizza and add my own toppings. That way I'm limited on how much there is to eat and it's lower calorie/fat. I'm not sure what equivalent to lean cusines y'all have in Oz (I wasn't exactly practicing healthy eating habits when I was there ).

Last edited by Aclai4067; 09-29-2009 at 08:46 PM.
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 09:15 PM   #11  

Default Don't beat yourself up, Pizza Puker!

Sometimes those things happen. Chalk it up to a bad day/bad mood/etc. Just move forward. I would do the same thing then QUIT weight watchers. Now after I do it I just chalk it up to a bad day/bad mood and DO NOT quit. One day/one meal will not ruin everything. Allow yourself to have pizza - whatever quanity you want - give up the guilt - move forward. Perhaps as the weigh comes off you will be more inclined to stop after a piece or two. Maybe pizza will always be your vice. Just don't quit. Tomorrow is a new day.
LucasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 10:15 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 230

Height: 5'5"

Trigger foods that will lead to a binge are so hard. Pizza is one for me too. I now try very very hard just to have those items out in a restraunt. Having diners around me who would see this fat chick dominating an entire large pizza helps me exercise control.
A trick that has helped me alot is stopping while I'm eating and checking if I'm still hungry. If the answer is no, I stop eating. No excuses. No justifications (do those hungry children in China [U]ever[U]get the food you leave on your plate???) This is one of the best tools I've found.

Last edited by 50andfabulous; 09-29-2009 at 10:16 PM.
50andfabulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 10:39 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 246/233/175

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasMom View Post
Sometimes those things happen. Chalk it up to a bad day/bad mood/etc. Just move forward. I would do the same thing then QUIT weight watchers. Now after I do it I just chalk it up to a bad day/bad mood and DO NOT quit. One day/one meal will not ruin everything. Allow yourself to have pizza - whatever quanity you want - give up the guilt - move forward. Perhaps as the weigh comes off you will be more inclined to stop after a piece or two. Maybe pizza will always be your vice. Just don't quit. Tomorrow is a new day.
Had to edit this post after re-reading the OP article. I misunderstood - Sorry!

Last edited by jefferzzzz; 09-30-2009 at 11:54 AM.
jefferzzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:57 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 216/180.6/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefferzzzz View Post
I totally agree with Lucasmom... I no longer have binges or cravings for foods I love (especially pizza) because I allow myself to have them once a week and do not care if I go over on calories. I think it is a mental thing with me, because now I usually do not even eat my cheat meal each week. Since I know I can have it, I don't crave it. If you forbid yourself to have it, you WILL want it!
I kind of agree with this. I went several months without french fries (they are not a "trigger" food for me, but most definitely one of my favorite foods). A few months ago, I ended up breaking down and having some. I felt so guilty! I figure it's not worth the guilt so I allow myself to have them at least once a week. Uhh, sometimes more frequently. So far, it hasn't derailed me. I guess that's because I still keep my calories pretty low...even on french fry days.

Now, my one true addiction is macaroni and cheese and that's one food I plan on staying away from (at least until Thanksgiving). Then, I think I'll be in maintenance...that'll be another battle, I suppose.

Last edited by Cali Doll; 09-29-2009 at 11:58 PM.
Cali Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 12:35 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 367/353/170

Height: 5'10

Mine is creme brulee- i could eat that 24/7 and not get tired of it so yea once my cravings hit it will be hard to keep that in moderation.. One little tiny portion of that will not do so im happy to find this thread- its better to have it and not feel guilty at all and then get right back on plan immediately. I know what it feels like to bomb out and then give up for awhile feeling like you failed and then have a super binge out the night before the next big diet attempt. It makes sense to just allow yourself what you love here and there and call it good and get on with your program...
Noellem87 is offline   Reply With Quote