Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 08-02-2009, 07:26 AM   #1  
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Default It's my older sisters birthday!

She's turning 21..well actually tomorrow, but we're celebrating tonight because she won't be in town tomorrow.

That's what I'm afraid of...celebrating.

Burgers and Fries and Chips and French Onion Dip and Soda and Cake and Ice Cream...I don't know how I'm going to be able to make it away from this "celebration" without gaining all 9 lbs that I've lost already BACK!

Burgers, fries, french onion dip with those scoop fritos, soda, and vanilla ice cream are all HUGE addictions of mine...and I'm PLANNING on bringing a bag of 94% fat free butter popcorn, some whole wheat buns, WW slice cheese, and my own super lean ground beef...and maybe some of those yummy WW fudge bars...but I don't know if I'll be able to resist the temptation =/

I'm definintely going to try, because I want this SO badly...
My goal is to not use ANY of my WW flex points today. We'll see how that goes.
DivineFidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 07:59 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Why not plan to use some of your points, and set yourself up for success rather than eating poor substitutions of "real" food which may make you feel worse than if you just budgeted out enough points for the day (even if you have to use all your flex points for the week) to eat some of each of those things.

Spend some time before you go figuring out what you can have. Also, tell yourself that this is not the last time in your life that those foods will ever be available to you, there is no need to eat them like there is no tomorrow, because there is a tomorrow.

Bring a big salad, too, and some fruit. I bet everyone would appreciate some veggies and fruits in with all that other food.

And celebrate your sister and you, not just the food.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 03:31 PM   #3  

Don't get me started on Fritos~!

I have actually experienced the shift from the party being about the food, to the party being about the people. Once I stopped thinking only about the food (which means thinking about it before I go, when I'm there- how much to have, will people think I am being a pig, guilt, etc...) and really started talking to people I started to have lots of real fun. Telling funny stories about your sis, about your 21st, etc. As someone said- this is food you can have anytime- Fritos are not going out of business and that onion dip has survived since the 1970's! If you can work some of the foods into your plan that is cool, but if they are huge trigger foods, it is best to not even start. Maybe eat something healthy and filling before you go. Then say you are not hungry. On tough occasions like this I allow myself a sugar free soda splurge. I bring a liter or two of something so I always have something in my hand, and something to sip on. Good luck.

Last edited by tommy; 08-02-2009 at 03:31 PM.
tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 10:31 AM   #4  

Height: 6'1

Sigh....I know all too well that feeling. I am actually going to this annual reunion with some college friends later this month. From past experience I know that consume pizza and alcohol until I feel like I am ripping at the seams. I think if you can, allow yourself some of the bad stuff, after you fill up on the healthy options. That way you can still enjoy the yummy treats, and get back on track the next day. I know its easier said than done, sorry if I am being redundant. Good luck at the party. Let us know how it went.
shasha17a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 11:44 AM   #5  
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

thanks everyone for the great advice and support =D

The day actually went AMAZINGLY well. My entire family was very supportive of the fact that I'm dieting. They bought the leanest ground beef i've ever seen, and buns with tons of fiber and not a lot of fat...and they even got the weight watchers slice cheese. Instead of fries or chips we had grapes, and they bought me some diet grape soda (which is my FAVORITE...lol)

I think the best thing they did for me was they waited until I went to bed (i have to go to bed at 9:30 because i get up so early for work) to have cake...so I wasn't even tempted.

I actually was 6 points under, and I didn't even try.
=D
DivineFidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 12:27 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 249/175/149

Height: 5'8"

Congratluations & nicee job keeping with it! You're really strong!
kuhrisuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 12:44 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Yay! How great to have such a supportive family!
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote