Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 04-07-2009, 01:03 PM   #16  
the camera adds 10 lbs

S/C/G: 258/ticker/185

david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 01:05 PM   #17  
the camera adds 10 lbs

it just started raining
Old 04-07-2009, 03:04 PM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by david View Post
its so funny that we spend so much of our time and energy thinking about food our weight our bodies...on paper it seems so simple...why is it so freaking hard and why cant we take control ???
It does seem simple. Just eat moderately. Maybe it can be simple, if I stop overthinking. I have an easier time when I give up sugar. All of my cravings for food are gone. I haven't lasted past 3 weeks. I think 'oh I've been doing so well that maybe I can have dessert'. then, the cravings come back with a vengance.
wendyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 02:58 PM   #19  
the camera adds 10 lbs

wendy 3 weeks at a time is great...youve just gotta forgive yoursel and get back on the path before too much damage...i cant even do 1 week
Old 04-10-2009, 11:02 PM   #20  
Right foot, left foot ...

S/C/G: 285.4/262/170

Height: 5'11"

What I find the most challenging is that even after I have two cookies, or some chocolate, or whatever it is and I'm full, I just keep going. And going and going.

It's not even that I can't satisfy the craving. I can, I know I have and I keep eating!
chickiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 09:43 AM   #21  

S/C/G: crazy/working/calm

Height: 5'8"

Ugh. Can I ever relate to that feeling. I am baking at this moment now and the batter turned out awfully so I reasoned that since they were awful and not fit for human consumption, I might as well eat up all that dough so it wouldn't go to waste... Logical, right?

Sometimes it's just mind boggling how stupid I can behave...
Alexistrophic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 05:03 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexistrophic View Post
Ugh. Can I ever relate to that feeling. I am baking at this moment now and the batter turned out awfully so I reasoned that since they were awful and not fit for human consumption, I might as well eat up all that dough so it wouldn't go to waste... Logical, right?

Sometimes it's just mind boggling how stupid I can behave...
I'm guilty of doing that... I read a quote from someone else on another site, "would you rather have it go to waste or go to your waist?"

sometimes my recipes fail, but I still eat it even though it taste bad. and I try to eat more of it to hurry up and get rid of it. I stopped baking and playing around with too many recipes I'm not too sure about so I don't do that again.

chickiegirl, I'm guilty of that one too. one or 2 cookies or handful of chips can satisfy the craving, but it's almost addictive and makes you keep eating more. Jillian Michael's said on her radio show some foods really do have addictive ingredients to make you keep eating.
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 11:20 PM   #23  
mdl
whole foods bakery queen

i had been trying to avoid sugar and flour and grains in general. however, it is passover (which is a jewish holidy which, hold your breath, can be VERY food centered). freaking nightmare for a binger but what am i to do? ignore my family. so i decided OK its only a few days. fine. totally ate more than i wanted but also it was more foods that i haven't eaten in a while, sugar, matza (big *** cracker really). and i found that it really made me hungrier. for some people sugar and flour just set them off. i am one of those people apparently. and since a lot of us overthink this, once the sugar hits, the brain feels a high, even though physically you are full, you still want more.

i will blather more tomorrow but i wish i had not gone off plan and just stuck with what was working. i felt like total garbage after eating a more western diet. a 10 minute walk wiped me out. sugar is crazy !!!
mdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 12:17 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 275/275/170

Height: 5'5"

I thought I could have one cookie yesterday afternoon. Yeah, I had one, and then a few more. And since I had already messed up and gone off my MRC program, I figured I might as well mess up again at dinner. Today, I went off program at breakfast, so I did it again at lunch, and again at dinner. These past two days have left me feeling like such a failure, and a cheater. It all started with one cookie, which I knew better than to even look at because cookies are my number one weakness. A cookie is never just a cookie for me.
RachelOnADiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 02:53 PM   #25  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

I've been thinking about this a lot, and I really want the answer to be yes. There's a lady here who's naturally thin, and I've seen her open a small bag of potato chips (single serving) in the morning and put it next to her keyboard. At the end of the day, it'll still have some chips in it, and she'll just fold over the top with a binder clip, and stick it in a drawer. She just doesn't feel the same ... pull? of the chips. I've seen her do this more than once.

I think maybe someday I might be able to eat some of my more noxious triggers, but I will have to build up some habits before then, like removing the remainder before I start to eat, and learning to eat completely mindfully - such as sitting down with it, and engaging all senses into the single serving. I don't think I'm ever going to magically become the person who can eat the single sugar cookie over the course of hours, a nibble at a time. Best I can do is pretend to be that person. What's the saying ... fake it til you make it?
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 01:07 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 127/126.5/115

Height: 5'3"

My boyfriend is the same way. He can eat a normal portion size of anything, but I won't walk away until the box/bag/container is empty. How do they do it? Bags of candy, cake, cookies last for weeks in his house. If I open a container of anything, I will throw the empty container away after just one sitting. I hate that about me. It feels so gluttonous. It's painful and embarrassing. Sometimes I take empty containers home with me because I'm too ashamed to throw it away in his garbage- that he might find it and know I ate the whole thing. argh!
YoYoWeight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 10:43 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 164/143/138

Height: 5'73/4"

If I see something I just HAVE to have, I will eat a few bites of it and REALLY savor the flavor. I actually register it in my head and that's how a cookie is just a cookie now when it used to be a whole bag of cookies!

Last edited by westtexaschick; 05-01-2009 at 10:43 PM.
westtexaschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 11:31 PM   #28  

S/C/G: Just Getting Started...

Height: 5'7"

You all have no idea how comforting it is to see how many other people are in the same boat as me. I'm just getting started here, but I know I've got to cut the sugar because like mdl said, it triggers a high and just makes me want more and more and more!
But I have such a sweet tooth, so I know it won't be easy... a step at a time, I guess.
SarahBEE is offline   Reply With Quote