Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 03-26-2009, 11:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/200/145

Height: 5'5"

Default Hard to Get Started

I'm having a really hard time getting started with my weight loss. I want to wake up and see a 5 pound loss to get me motivated, but I know that that's not possible. I have the best of intentions when I wake up in the mornings that I will eat well and get on the treadmill, but I can not make myself do it. It seems like when I decide that I want to lose weight and get healthy, I just eat worse. I've had candy bars and pie today. The only thing food wise I have changed is I'm drinking diet pepsi 75% of the time as opposed to regular coke. I guess I just needed an outlet to vent my frustration in myself. Tomorrow is another day.
TatorTator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 01:05 AM   #2  
banned

S/C/G: 213/ticker/135

Height: 5'5

You're right, you're not going to lose 5 lbs in one day, that's just not possible.

It just seems to me that you need a motivator (aka a friend to keep you on track, either here or in real life) and a wake-up call, meaning, "Holy crap, I look like crap!" Happened to me. I woke up and was almost 210 lbs, my heaviest. So I got on track and started exercising and eating moderately (like 1200-1500 cal/day).

Don't drink soda, either. Maybe once or twice a week, at most, diet or regular. Change it with water. Eat fruit instead of a candy bar. if you have to have some treats, eat them in moderation. Only have a bite or two and then throw it away down the garbage disposal.

Tomorrow is another day, and what I find to be easy is if you set aside time for exercising. Write it down, and check it off when you're done (which is oddly rewarding). Keep a food journal and write down the calories, fat, saturated fat, sugar, fiber, carbohydrates, and protein in everything. That way, you'll see exactly how much you're eating and how many calories you're consuming (as well as fat and the other things). Most chain restaurants have nutrition information on their websites as well.

When I need something sweet, I'll have either some fruit, yogurt, or a piece of chocolate (like a hershey's kiss).

I just started like a week ago and it's difficult to start, but just read around and you'll get so inspired by all of the success stories.

Last edited by sunflowergirl68; 03-27-2009 at 01:07 AM.
sunflowergirl68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 11:27 AM   #3  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Tator, I lurked here for months before making my decision to start. For me, it was going into the Goals forum and reading the stories of real folks doing smart things. And the Maintainer's forum is a huge wealth of info, because, really - don't we all want to get there eventually? This isn't rocket science, you don't need to starve, but there's some discipline involved. Once you get started with it, though, the progress feeds the motivation.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 02:15 PM   #4  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

When I started, I found it very depressing to wake up see such an ugly number on the scale, even though it still represented a drop. I had to get my mind around the ugly numbers and remind myself that the only way to get down to the good numbers was to stop at each number along the way. There was no way I was going to skip right down to the low numbers; I needed to love each number for what it represented, a loss from where I was at the start.

Good luck; I hope you today is off to a better start!
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 03:51 PM   #5  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

Height: 5'4"

Tator: I did the same thing ICU did. I lurked around and finally I found this post of a mom and daughter who had lost weight together and that's what inspired me. It wasn't that I was 268lbs that inspired me, but the fact that what I saw for myself was that REAL people, just like me, committed themselves and did it. No one is perfect and if that's what you're trying to be, then you will fail, because there is no perfection in this, but if you change just one thing, you have already started your journey. I've been at this for two weeks and I am more dedicated now then I was before. I journal everything I eat, exercise, and how I feel. Coming to these forums and reading everyone's everyday struggles help me to realize that I have to find what works for me, because nothing is exact. I had to get rid of this need to be perfect and open myself up to advice, criticism, and just have an open mind about the process. That's what is what started me and that is what's keeping me going. I hope that you will give yourself a chance and this site a chance because you can do it and you will do it.......Good luck!!
Devsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 06:11 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

aww sweetie..I went through that too..I think it is fear motivating you to do that...I agree read the goal forums..especially mini goal! It will inspire you...It inspired me to take a look at my before pics...as I was losing weight I took mini goal pics...it's easy to stay motivated when you and others can see the results...
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote