Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 03-04-2009, 08:58 AM   #16  
Wanda

S/C/G: 249/246/150

Height: 5 2

Hey ladies!!
I did ok on the weekend but not great. So here is to another great week....it is the weekends that are hard!!
So Monday and Tuesday were good so I am onto day 3!!!
babynurse91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 11:28 AM   #17  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

I stayed on plan yesterday and slept like a rock last night. Today will be day 2. Keep up the good work, everyone.
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 12:48 PM   #18  
Maintaining ~6 years!

S/C/G: 263/Maintaining/150

Height: 5'8"

babynurse91 - I 100% agree about the weekends! In general, I don't have tooo much trouble staying on-plan during the week... But for some reason, come Friday all I want to do is binge! Grr, it can be so frustrating. Good luck this week, and hopefully we can support each other through this weekend!

WardHog - Mmmm, sleep! I went to bed sooo early last night, and it was utterly fantastic. Hehe. Congrats on day 2!

Today is my 10th binge-free day, and going strong. I'm a little worried because I think I'm going to be getting back a paper in one of my classes, that we turned in a couple weeks ago... I've been doing okay in the class, but my grade on our last paper in this class wasn't so hot, and, uhhm, may or may not have triggered a binge. In fact, that's become a bit of a pattern for me, cuz I've been REALLY stressed this quarter, and feeling like a failure triggers the strongest and worst of my tendencies towards emotional wating. So while I know that I tried my best on this paper, I am worried that if I didn't do well, I'll just want to drown my sorrows in cookies or something. In fact, I'm almost considering not even looking at the grade until the weekend is over!! But that's probably not a good idea, heh. I'll just have to be strong. Promise me that you will ALL kick my butt if I binge over another stupid bad grade!
Star2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 01:12 PM   #19  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

So I weighed in at 214.1lbs! That means a 2.3lb loss for last week. *Dances*. I am close to my first mini-goal I put in place early in February (210lbs). I redid my mini-goals since I fell off the wagon.

Meredith - I know. THOSE BARS ARE FRICKIN' DELISH. I have to contain myself and just eat one!

Babynurse - the weekends are the real challenge. But we can do it!!

WardHog - Yay for day 2! Good luck!
WormwoodDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 05:54 PM   #20  

Hi All..today I did okay(again)..I ain't pushin' it knowing my luck)..

B: Bowl CornFlakes w/Banana/cup coffee
Sk:Grain Bar
Lunch: Sandwich/Ice Cream
No Dinner...I'm not hungry...OK what's wrong with this picture?

I had Ice Cream AGAIN DANNGITT...I didn't get out to get the Skinny Cows and I love those...my husband loves IC and I'm pretty sure he's undermining my weight loss..husbands..go figure

Have a nice evening All

ASoutherner~

Last edited by ASoutherner; 03-04-2009 at 05:55 PM.
ASoutherner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 10:03 PM   #21  
Maintaining ~6 years!

OMG you guys!!! So I didn't binge today, but it was due to no great amount of willpower on my part--it was because I didn't do badly on my paper! I GOT AN A! That was a complete and utter shock, because before today, none of my papers had ever gotten anything above a B+ in my 1.5 years at this unversity (it's a really flippin' hard school *grumble grumble*)... So I feel SOOO amazing! I felt a slight pang of wanting to binge to "celebrate," heh (yes, I experience the flip-side of emotional eating as well!) but I resisted the urge and bought myself some new makeup and nail polish as a "reward" instead, hehe. I'm feeling on top of the world right now!

WormwoodDoll - Congrats on the loss, girly! WTG!! And good luck reaching that mini-goal... Looks like you'll be there in no time!
Old 03-04-2009, 11:01 PM   #22  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

wow we are doing well this week everyone.
Wormwooddoll, you are amazing!
southerner, are you getting enough veggies with your food? Think green and fill up on veggies to help ward off binges. Good luck! you can do it
wardhog, start stringing the days together, it will happen
star2be don't get too busy with papers!

I was please tonight, went out for chinese and came home with half in a take-out container, so didn't overdo it. Also my niece gave me her ww points guides. I will post my planned diet plan on the weight loss support thread for feedback. Avoiding binges has done me good so far, but I am ready to launch myself into more weight loss.
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 11:35 AM   #23  
ida

Wow, everyone here is so inspiring... me, I've realised that I have a problem, but I don't have enough willpower to change it yet. I want to lose weight - I have a hundred reason to why - but it's like my brain hasn't realised it's the food making me fat. So when I feel a binge coming on I try to think: "No, you want to lose weight, you want to lose weight" and my body says: "What does that have to do with food? Silly girl!" and goes to raid the fridge.

Tomorrow will be different though, it has to be, that's why I'm posting here. But I'm also wondering what made you take the first step to more healthy eating habits? Because the only time I managed to lose weight was when i was younger and ate 200 calories a day. It's like it's either all or nothing.
ida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 09:25 PM   #24  
Madeleine

welcome ida. HOpe you enjoy the 3fc site, there is a lot of support and lots to learn.
I would advise you start getting rid of the junk food in the house that you binge on. The sooner the better. Just take it to a dumpster and get rid of it.
Also, make sure you eat well during the day, so you aren't too hungry in the evening! helps a lot!
good luck
Old 03-05-2009, 09:52 PM   #25  
Madeleine

Did well at work today inspite of having a potluck lunch.
I ate well, but after a while started to pick and snack since we were having a meeting, and the food was sitting in front of us.
So I said, lets take a break and clean this away....I'm finding it hear not to pig out, and so we did. I may have had a bit much, I wasn't hungry when I got home, so I went to pilates and had supper when i got home instead.
I didn't have any pie, and just a small piece of carrot cake. Lots of salad, and a lentil dish.
Total calories today, 1900, a bit under the 2000/day I am ok to have.
Still learning points system, so not doing that yet.

hope your weekend goes well....
Old 03-05-2009, 10:49 PM   #26  
Here We Go Again

I AM ON DAY 25.

I am so happy right now! This is the longest I've been on plan....ever. And it feels like I'm not even dieting! Today I went to wawa and got a roast beef whole wheat shorti, lil' mayo, with pepperjack cheese (YUMMM!) and had 4 squares of dark chocolate filled with mint...and still came in at 1650cals for the day! I worked my cravings INTO my plan. Things haven't been this easy for me. I think it's because I stopped thinking of a diet - I allow myself the naughty things if I want them - I just control how much of it I was eating. I don't get wild cravings and I don't want to binge. I know I'm not out of the woods yet, but I am hoping that I will have a healthy, normal relationship with food.

Star2Be
- Great job on that A+! You rocked that paper.

ida - Welcome. You'll get lots of support here. I'll admit it's not easy. You just have to take it a small step at a time. You will mess up, but within time it gets easier. You can do this.

I hope the rest of you have a great weekend and stay OP!
Old 03-06-2009, 12:46 AM   #27  

wormwooddoll-you are amazing.I love to read your posts.Funny how you can be so proud of someone you dont know............Great job!!And to everyone else, have a great week on plan.The support here is wonderful.
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 12:55 AM   #28  
Maintaining ~6 years!

Hello there, ida! Welcome to 3FC!! I'm relatively new to the Chicks In Control forum, but I've been posting on 3FC for almost 9 months now... And I have to say, it has been a HUGE help in my weight loss. I don't know if I could have done it without all the support that I've gotten from the ladies on this site! It's truly priceless. Btw, personally I didn't really have a "trigger" moment that made me really, really get serious about losing weight... I think it was just a looong time coming (i.e. I had been wanting to lose weight for pretty much my entire life, but never actually made the commitment). This is going to sound corny, but I guess it's just something that you have to be "ready" for--and it sounds like you are, or at least will be very, very soon. Good luck!! Keep posting around here!

fatmad - LOL, don't blame me, blame my stupid professors for assigning all those d*mn papers! WTG bringing home the leftover Chinese! The last time I had Chinese food was Christmas Eve (family tradition, hehe) and I'm pretty sure I had like 2.5 platefuls of the stuff. Mmm, it's so addictive, hehe. And resisting all that temptation at the work potluck, too?! You deserve some serious kudos!

WormwoodDoll - WOW, congrats on being OP for so long! I hope you are just feeling GREAT, cuz you deserve to be! 25 days is a REALLY long time - almost a month! - and it is very admirable that you have been binge-free for that long! You're my new hero. LOL! And I'm also really glad to hear that you're forming a more healthy relationship with the food--not letting the cravings control you! I still have the really bad attitude of "If I indulge, I have to iiiiinnnnddduuullgggee!!!" i.e. if I'm going to have a cookie, I have to eat an entire box in order to really feel satisfied. So I do alright as long as I can hold off those cravings (and I've been doing pretty well with that lately!) but I fear for myself when the moment comes that the cookies finally win! Hehe.

Hey, today was my 11th binge-free day! Not too shabby, eh? Here's hoping that I can power through the next couple days and make it my second consecutive binge-free weekend!

Last edited by Star2Be; 03-06-2009 at 12:55 AM.
Old 03-06-2009, 01:16 AM   #29  
Here We Go Again

harrismm Thanks. It makes me feel good that I am actually inspiring someone. This isn't easy. But everyday is a struggle and we grow stronger the more hurdles we overcome!

Star2Be I think 3FC does play heavily into our losses. I've noticed that when I do terrible, I hide from here. Now that I am doing well, I want to be on here and help, and just chit-chat and be apart of everything. I think that is pushing my further as well! I don't want to disappoint anyone, not even myself. It's a great help and all of you ladies are wonderful!! I am the same with indulging. I'll eat the whole box of cookies or the whole pint of ice cream. I'd even eat a whole jar of that tostitos cheese stuff (so good!). I try and say no to them now. And I am really working on eating it in small, safe moderation. Like I've said...I give into those naughty things. I can't limit myself. I really think that is what triggers binges. The "no you can't". I know that sometime in my life I'll have pizza - but that doesn't mean I need to eat the whole pie.

And I agree. fatmad is overcoming some difficult stuff and definitely deserves a high-five or a big hug!
Old 03-06-2009, 08:37 AM   #30  
Madeleine

Thanks everyone for the high fives and support. I am down another pound today, so stayiing on plan is really working for me. I seem to be at the point where I may not be cycling for a while, haven't had a period in over 2 months now, so I don't have the dreaded TOM weight swings, which can be so undermining of a womans best efforts.
Gonna try to get some fit time in before work. Happy weekend