Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 02-23-2009, 06:40 PM   #1  

Default slim fast

Anyone ever try it ? I figure it can't hurt lol I eat mcdonalds for breastfest lunch and dinner tons of fatty food I figure I cut one back with a shake and then a sandwich for lunch and whatever for dinner might help me ? I ust eat all the time for comfort like I feel really weird If I dont eat . does that make since
MichelleARFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 06:52 PM   #2  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Yes, I tried it in college and then after having kids. I was just so hungry doing it. I would rather have fruits and veggies but yes, I do think it has merit. You could always do it for breakfast, have a Subway 6 inch for lunch and then a "sensible" dinner. If you can stick to it, go for it. I am a firm believer in everyone finding what works for them.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 07:19 PM   #3  

Yeah see Im sure i will be hungry doing it since I love my food but I really need to take of the weight I already bought some so I guess I will try it for the next 2 weeks and see if I like it lol
MichelleARFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 07:27 PM   #4  
Registered Nut

S/C/G: 325/325/150

Height: 5'6"

Well the 200 calories isn't enough for a meal (at least for me!) so I supplement with a piece of fruit, a few crackers with cheese and lunchmeat, or some veggies with ranch or hummus dip. Definitely doable!
RN BSN 2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 11:11 PM   #5  
I'm doing it this time!

S/C/G: 189/175/145

Height: 5' 4"

I have been drinking Slim Fast for years. At first it was tough to drink everyday, but now I'm addicted! It doesn't feel right for me to eat/drink anything else for breakfast. I crave it. I drink it for lunch out of convenience (I teach first grade and can't get out of my room), but with crackers with it.

All I can say is that Slim Fast is not 100% perfect. Even drinking it for years hasn't helped me to lose the weight. Also, I don't drink it for lunch on the weekends, and I overeat constantly. You have to drink it twice a day, everyday, plus eat a sensible meal for dinner for it to work. That is the hard part!

Heidi
doIlookfat? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 04:46 PM   #6  

I do WW but have Slimfast for lunch most week days cause that's when I run my errands and it's really convenient to have on the run. I've found the optima surprisingly filling and I'm losing consistently when I work the program.
Parsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 05:47 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 199/199/174

Height: 5'-11"

I did Slim Fast years ago. It did work for me, but I felt hungry a lot.
juls64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 06:26 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 185/162/?

Height: 5'10''

I tried Slimfast for a while. I found it was absolutely wrong for me, and I can't imagine it working for someone who is susceptible for bingeing...only eat liquids all day and then eat solid food for dinner is an invitation for me to eat everything in the house. Although I suppose if you do what others were saying, and pair it with some crackers or something, that may help.
ilovetoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 07:00 PM   #9  

Honestly if you see the value as a "no choices to make" "portion controlled" thing then there are lots of things that will fill you up and be more real and healthy. For instance if it is breakfast that concerns you, I like 1 or 2 string cheese sticks and an apple. It is quick, prepacked so to speak, and you can eat on the run. Gives you protein and carbs and is real food.
tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 02:25 PM   #10  
Chubby Chick

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5,4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleARFC View Post
Anyone ever try it ? I figure it can't hurt lol I eat mcdonalds for breastfest lunch and dinner tons of fatty food I figure I cut one back with a shake and then a sandwich for lunch and whatever for dinner might help me ? I ust eat all the time for comfort like I feel really weird If I dont eat . does that make since
yes i've tired it. and slim fast only made more hungry and i gained more weight in the process. every time i had a slim fast drink i actually would go on a binge.
helwa588 is offline   Reply With Quote