Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 03-28-2010, 09:23 AM   #1  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

Height: 5'7

Default Baaaaad bad bad day yesterday

Yesterday morning, I weighed in at 145.6. This morning, I weighed in at 147.6. Now I am sure SOME of that is water retention, but there is definitely going to be some damage control for a week or two to get back to where I was

I've heard it a few times around here...If you trip on the stairs, don't get up and throw yourself down the whole flight. I think this is fantastic advice, but yesterday I tripped on the stairs, got up, and threw myself out the window.

I work at a barn and there was a major show yesterday. I was up at 4am and was there until 6pm. I even packed a whole mini cooler of healthy meals and snacks for the whole day and had them in the fridge. But 10 feet in front of where we were working, there was a massive buffet bar of cookies, brownies, cakes, etc etc etc. There was not a single fruit or vegetable platter. I worked all day, we didn't get a break or a lunch hour. I made it to my personal cooler once and shoveled down a veggie wrap (and got yelled at by the boss for not working). So, needless to say, I was starving all day. And yea, I stuffed my face with junk food. All day. No excuses, I could have resisted, but I did not.

On top of that, right after work I had to get ready really quick and head to my good friend's bridal shower. On top of the sugary alcoholic beverages, it was another schmorgasboard of sweets and junk. I literally thought to myself "eff it, today will just go down in history as being the most off plan day ever," and I ate more junk.

Aaaaand, up 2lbs today. Joy. I haven't had a single binge or even terribly off plan day since October. I feel ashamed, scared that I'm still so capable of letting myself go like that, and I know the actual weight number is really insignificant in the whole situation, but I hate those two pounds. I had to force myself to get on the scale and just accept it.

mkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 09:40 AM   #2  
motivational guru wannabe

S/C/G: 205/205/185 by spring

Height: 5'4"

I am soooo with you. I'd like to blame the Easter Candy and dreary weather, but for whatever reason yesterday, I totally lost control and the scale told the tale this morning...from 153 to 155!!! I am so mad at myself I could scream. So....going to get dressed and workout, stay totally on plan for today...and yes, probably the next week to make up for it. Thanks for the stairs analogy...think I'll shimmy up the drain pipe and back through the window and get back to work.
boatingmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 09:59 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 215/207.2/126

Height: 5'4.5

Yeah. Similar thing happened to me yesterday. Was 180.8 yesterday morning but 181.8 this morning after taking a rest day and going to visit my boyfriend's family and eating with them. I ate well, despite the allure of yummy steaks, so I'm hoping it's just somehow water retention from not working out. Also, I didn't drink as much water as I usually do.
squishysquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 10:14 AM   #4  
Losing weight since 2009

S/C/G: 310/138/132

Urgh. I hate those days. It's mostly water retention (unless you somehow managed to eat 8,000+ calories, lol) so drink tons of water and your weight will drop back down after a few days. Falling out the window stinks but pick yourself up and start fresh. Stay strong, one slip won't kill your progress. Keep up your amazing work!
Gracie789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 11:09 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 200/134/118

Height: 5'3

I went soooo off plan last night, there was too much easter chocolate around, and I was craving chocolate so bad latley that I couldnt help myself. It's ridiclous how much chocolate I ate, made my stomach hurt and on top of that I had take out poutine, lots of salt : ( I went from 148.0 yesterday to 152.8 !!!! I know some of its water retention but 4.8 lbs ?? I'm back on track today but I feel like crap.
Caleighsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 11:29 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 145/160/120

Height: 5'6

I think the best thing to do is just go straight back on plan as normal, don't give any kinda 'power' over to binges or dwell too much on it. Easier said than done, but it's just not worth the energy beating yourself up about it.

We don't get overweight by 1 day of 'bad' foods, by getting straight back on plan you're changing habits for the better still

You sound like you're doing really well overall
serendipity907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 11:58 AM   #7  
Choose your hard...

S/C/G: 250/194/130

Height: 5' 2"

Well, you can take control of the situation from letting it get any worse. It sounds like you have gotten right back up and dusted yourself off. Sometimes life gets in the way, but you have got to keep going if it's what you want. Good luck! I hope that most of the weight is just water.
Asherdoodles87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 12:45 PM   #8  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

Thanks guys I'm totally back on plan today, I have no urges to cheat again. My lifestyle changes are very maintainable for me and I like my "on plan" foods and habits.

I really wasn't even having cravings for sweets yesterday, had I been able to take a minute to eat the food that I'd actually packed, I would haven't had a problem. Of course, that's not an excuse, I know, I should have MADE time to get my healthy food even if it meant sneaking while the boss wasn't looking or something, lol. But point being, it's not like I caved to cravings and binged...it was just a situational thing.

My body is smacking my wrists for it though, lol, I feel sluggish and bloated and blech. It's amazing that I could eat like that constantly and feel "normal." Now after several months of clean eating, I feel like total crap.
mkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote