3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks in Control (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control-64/)
-   -   What is your trigger? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control/159290-what-your-trigger.html)

ProteinGal 01-20-2009 01:25 AM

Certainly sugar for me too.

LadyRai 01-20-2009 06:39 PM

fried chicken

grabec 02-23-2009 11:49 PM

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-re...8/135/176/.png

You know there are very few foods that I do not love. I just love food and seeing it is a real trigger for me. Staying out of the kitchen could be helpful if I would do it. Going to restaurants makes me crazy with wanting to eat so many things on the menu. Pictures in magazines. Even reading the items on this website makes me crave food. One of many foods that I adore are tacos. Wow.

ryverthorn 02-24-2009 12:24 AM

Red Robin

My mom and I love getting their bacon cheeseburger with Bleu cheese and carmelized onions... and the garlic fries.
When I know we are going to be going I'll try to eat light the rest of the week and exercise a bit more to keep within my calorie counting limits.

WormwoodDoll 02-24-2009 10:35 PM

What is your guilty pleasure?
:drools: Diners! I love hearty, home cooked diner food. Apple pie and ice cream. Fresh chocolate chip cookies. Nachos with the tostitos cheese.

How could you lighten it up?
Modifying the recipes and making it myself.

Have you made an action plan to avoid this food/place?
I allow myself a free meal once a week so I can do with my cravings and be happy and continue with my life. If I ignore it, it festers and turns into a binge of completely unrelated foods.

If you don't avoid it, how do you control yourself?
I allow myself to eat it and in moderation.

Star2Be 02-24-2009 11:23 PM

Lately, it seems like peanut butter is a HUGE trigger for me. I'll tell myself that I'll just have a little bit and savor it (because I looove PB :D), but I always end up going back for a little more... And a little more... And ten spoonfuls more... :rolleyes:

Sugar is another big one! I think that's one of the biggest things that makes me overeat. I just recently got an account on the Daily Plate last week, and I was shocked to see how much sugar I was actually eating on a daily basis. I'm definitely working on cutting down this week. But yeah, it seems like once I have one sugary thing, I need more and more and more! Heh.

As far as the mental triggers go, I'm as big of an emotional eater as just about anyone... Stress and/or depression makes me want to eat EVERYTHING IN SIGHT, and just fills me with a constant desire to cram stuff in my mouth, chew, swallow, and repeat. I don't even really have to taste it. :(

shrinkingviolet 02-24-2009 11:59 PM

I go weak around Nong Shim Shin Ramyun gloriously hot & spicy Korean noodle soup. I swear they put crack in it. I can't have it in the house at all; it will call to me until I eat it all. The sodium content is super high, so I bloat tremendously every time. I know of no way to lighten it up. I could attempt to cut the portion size, but I know it would be doomed to failure. I think I will try an order of sashimi w/ wasabi, a small order, and then I'll hold myself and cry.

BeckyD 03-07-2009 03:15 PM

I love ALL food!
I think pizza is a ultimate love though lately, especially stuffed crust ones!!! I like sweets too and sugary stuff, strawberry cables with the white creamy stuff in the middle!! I really love pasta too. And bread! I can't have any bread in my cupboard because it would be gone in less than a couple of days, i can just sit and eat it plain!

sweet_talker 03-08-2009 01:04 AM

I am spurred to eat when I am in places where I can buy my favourite foods and am alone so I can indulge without feeling judged. I also need to break a habit of always feeling like I need to eat when I get off work, regardless of my shift's end time.

badbaum 03-08-2009 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RN BSN 2009 (Post 2510170)
For some people it may be a certain food, or a certain eating establishment that they just can't say no to.

What is your guilty pleasure?

How could you lighten it up?

Have you made an action plan to avoid this food/place?

If you don't avoid it, how do you control yourself?

I'll start!!

COLD STONE CREAMERY! To me it's like Disneyland, the happiest place on earth!! But.. I've decided to stick with the medium sized, 220 calorie Sinless Sans-Fat ice cream, with a half serving of white chocolate chips mixed in, and fruit mixed in.

I am writing to this because I need to write down my triggers to hold myself accountable.

Ok my trigger:

Chocolate, especially brownies, and sometimes I crave comfort food, like mac n cheese and fried chicken

lighten it up:
Well, here are my strategies I am thinking
Avoid teacher lounge, because there is ALWAYS something in there.
Make no pudge brownies, eat one and then bring the rest to the teacher lounge
go to a bakery and get ONE good brownie
have a piece of baker's dark chocolate

mac n cheese and fried chicken - I don't even eat meat anymore! I still crave the chicken though. I think I just have to stay away. I always think I want these things, and then I take a few bites and it is never as good as I think it will be. But sometimes i will keep eating it anyway. So I will just STAY away.

tater tash 03-09-2009 05:26 AM

Cereal, any kind. I can't seem to get through one night a week lately (mostly a saturday or sunday night) without having at least 2 bowls of cereal before bed.

its a love hate relationship.

jendiet 03-12-2009 09:45 PM

[QUOTE=ICUwishing;2528579] I just really like having big mouthfuls of food, which leads to horrible portion control. QUOTE]

OM...friggin God that's funny! I laughed until I cried...and the fact your siggy has a hamster stuffing it's cheeks....to be honest...I think I have the same problem...were you the kid..that kept popping bubbalicious into your mouth until your jaws and cheeks hurt? That was me!!!

jendiet 03-12-2009 09:47 PM

To answer the question: my triggers are when I am stressed and pissed off...then like others I want fatty/salty to create more stress hormones while I am burning up my thyroid....and adrenal glands...

ringmaster 03-14-2009 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thighs Be Gone (Post 2512748)
I would have to say my number one pleasure is Shipley's chocolate filled donuts. Literally, I shake just writing this. My second pleasure would have to be a combination of Jamocha shakes and curly fries from Arby's. I decided to look them up last week to check calorie content. After reading and figuring out it was my DAILY intake for the two items, I decided to nix the idea.

I can think of no way to lighten these items up or I would be swimming in a bathtub of it as we speak. LOL

I love those curly fries! And a turkey sandwich on that thick honey wheat bread and jalapeno bites! That will have to seriously be a cheat meal once every few months now.

Pizza is another trigger for me. I need to find low cal version to make to curb that craving.

VermontMom 03-14-2009 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thighs Be Gone (Post 2512748)
I can think of no way to lighten these items up or I would be swimming in a bathtub of it as we speak. LOL

:rofl: that was sooo funny!! :D

I am glad that we live in such a rural area; I don't know what Shipley's is; nor Stone Something Ice Cream; I have heard of Rockin Robin, and the closest Arby's is over 50 miles away :dizzy:

My trigger, usually, is anger. Usually at a work situation, or the rest of the time just at myself. The food can be as unglamorous as toast with butter or peanut butter, but alot of it. Two bowls of cereal. I can't keep treats in the house. The closest grocery store is 5 miles away, and I'm also lazy, so I won't purposely drive 5 miles and back just for a treat. But if my husband has bought treats, I can barely stay away from them.

Trigger foods....sugar and carbs and fats! totally anything pastry-y. ohh sooo gooood and ohh sooo bad in anything over a small portion.