3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks in Control (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control-64/)
-   -   What is your trigger? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control/159290-what-your-trigger.html)

K8-EEE 12-28-2008 12:23 AM

JUST SAY CHEEEEEESE!!!!!

And isn't lovely -- my fabulous BIL from WI just sent a giant BOX-O-CHEESE....sheesh. Sooooo good. Doing OK today keeping my hands off it but Christmas, fuggetaboutit. I was all over the Edam!

monikacool 01-03-2009 03:47 PM

Trigger

My biggest trigger is feeling alone and depressed. And once the feeling sets in, it's done, there is no going back, even if I have not started eating yet. It's in the brain, not in the stomach. When the brain enters "the zone", it's over.

katiejames 01-03-2009 03:58 PM

i have soo many triggers... i am addicted to food in a bad way... i am a chocoholic a pizzafinatic a chinese stuffer and a juicy burger eater! i used to take a block of cheese and sit in front of the tv and eat it! i would also down a soda and chips and a pbj choke sandwhich in the same sitting...

WannaBe123 01-04-2009 11:33 AM

What is your guilty pleasure?
ICE CREAM!!

How could you lighten it up?
I love the ice cream sundae's by Smart Ones... I binged on two boxes like 6 months ago... but, the two boxes still had less fat/calories than a Maggie Moo or Cold Stone ice cream! I have only binged on them that one time... I love the Peanut Butter Cup and the Cookie Dough!

Have you made an action plan to avoid this food/place?
If I have a good week, my husband and I enjoy a Smart Ones sundae on Saturdays. I really enjoy this time together, so it motivates me!

If you don't avoid it, how do you control yourself?
Controlling myself is difficult. My husband works midnights, so it would be very easy for me to tell him I did well and have the Smart Ones. But it would make me feel REALLY crappy to lie to him! I can't lie... and if I did, he would know the truth within about 2 minutes... I'd feel too guilty. I also call him at work immediately when I get home from work. If I didn't call him until much later, he would know... he has caller i.d. so I can't call from my cell pretending I am home!! I don't know what I'd do without my husband... he is such a motivator/supporter!!

mansonluvr5692 01-04-2009 06:05 PM

my problem is that everything triggers me. mostly though the biggest trigger i have is my brain. when i think too much, i get depressed/anxious/angry/etc. and so i eat... and eat... and eat.... :-/

but yeah... one of my biggest binge foods used to be peanut butter, during my binges i can eat a whole jar of the reduced fat skippy pb and then go on and eat like half a box of ice cream, but yeah, lately my mom has been trying to help me and hasn't been buying pb. which is nice of her... but yea...

Pixiesue 01-04-2009 06:50 PM

Oh pooh! Stress and anger are my triggers, and loneliness.......oh and potato chips

bosoxfan 01-04-2009 11:03 PM

Stress is a trigger, but food triggers are oreos, pizza, and ice cream.

ICUwishing 01-05-2009 09:41 AM

My brain is my biggest downfall - my stomach sends out all the right signals that I'm full, and a sane amount of food will do. I just really like having big mouthfuls of food, which leads to horrible portion control. I find too that more than 1 drink with dinner will reduce my ability to control myself. I haven't quite gotten that part right yet, but at least I can say I know what's going on!

I still have major problems with salty stuff, but there are a lot of good choices in salt-world that don't have useless calories - like all sorts of pickled vegetables, and SMALL amounts of salted nuts. That's pretty much my action plan - if I don't have these alternatives close at hand, it's a swan-dive into the potato chip bag!

MeganBeth 01-05-2009 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katiejames (Post 2524629)
i have soo many triggers... i am addicted to food in a bad way... i am a chocoholic a pizzafinatic a chinese stuffer and a juicy burger eater! i used to take a block of cheese and sit in front of the tv and eat it! i would also down a soda and chips and a pbj choke sandwhich in the same sitting...

That...sounds like me!

Also, Taco Bell I <3 taco bell. I try to get things off the fresco menu to lighten it up some.

Stress, depression, and boredom are also HUGE triggers for me. I'm getting better with the boredom eating but it still attacks often.

tinypurplefishez 01-05-2009 02:02 PM

Garlic mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, french fries. Salty starchy foods are my greatest weakness and also my comfort food, so anytime I'm upset I just want to make a huge pot of garlic mashed potatoes and eat the whole thing. Its really hard to reach for a piece of fruit instead, but I can already see results and I know that its worth it.

beerab 01-05-2009 03:45 PM

Anything chocolate and omg CHIPS- I love funions I used to eat a bag a day!

Now I treat myself with the small individual size bags here and there- but I haven't bought any lately on purpose.

JustSharing83 01-05-2009 08:47 PM

I love sweets. All of them. Cake, cookies, candy... My biggest sweet trigger is monster cookies, which the grocery store bakery makes, they are 2 chocolate chip cookies with a bunch of buttercream frosting in the middle, then they have sprinkles all across the "mouth" and little frosting eyes.

Pizza is another trigger. I love pizza but I can't stop until I've had 6 or more slices. Cheeseburgers is another, especially fast food burgers from McDonald's and Sonic.

I don't have much of a plan yet for letting the stuff go, I'm just determined not to buy it. When I was previously on a diet, I didn't cut these things out completely, I just made healthier options like Kudo granola bars when I wanted something sweet, Lean Cuisine pizzas, and occasionally a homemade lean burger. It's tough to get back into those healthier habits though.

QueenCleo 01-19-2009 04:51 PM

For me it's not a particular food at all...it's: the situation. I put my young children to bed, my husband goes downstairs to do work or play games on the computer and I watch TV while going to the kitchen every commercial break. It could be left overs, almond butter sandwiches, pretzels...literally whatever is on hand.

How do I break this routine??:?::?:

Nayex 01-19-2009 08:04 PM

QueenCleo:
OMG were in the same boat... i put my daughter to bed, my BF is writing music, and im alone, in the living room, attached to the kitchen. lol... i get bored, lonely... or if ive been stressed or whatever. . i eat. and eat. and eat. ARRRG. im a really bad sneak eater too-- its almost as if, im my brain somehow i justify " if noone sees me it doesnt count" type thing...

*slaps forehead* im an idiot.

my advice, is that it takes 28 days to form a habit.. take one day at a time and set mini goals. (like no snacking for a week or 3 days.. however long) until it beomes habit. .

my other suggestion would be to do something to keep your hands busy while you watch TV.. get some gum, and chew that. it keeps your mouth busy.. theres so many ways.. but those are some that have really helped me.

good luck!

RN BSN 2009 01-19-2009 08:31 PM

OMG the cookie actually has eyes

And it's looking at you! lol