Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 09:32 AM   #1  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Talking Binge-free challenge ~ Nov. 17 - 23

Hi all. Hoping you all have a fantastic binge-free week, everybody is welcome to join in as always

I'm doing fantastic! I can't remember my last binge

Last edited by Spoz; 11-17-2008 at 09:33 AM.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:38 AM   #2  
Bride-to-be!

S/C/G: 192/187/150

Height: 5'7"

I'm up for the challenge! My last binge was on Thursday... just taking it one day at a time!
Old 11-17-2008, 11:04 AM   #3  
*~Beautiful Hope~*

S/C/G: HW: ~200 SW: 170's/150's/115

Height: 5'6"

Good morning girls! 24 days down, working on Day 25 today. Weekend was good. Exercised both days, got some errands taken care of. Can't believe there is only a week and a half left until Thanksgiving!

Spoz, sounds like you're doing great. Keep it up!

Petunia, one day at a time is perfect. Great job staying binge-free since last Thursday!

Hope everybody has a good Monday!
Old 11-17-2008, 11:08 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

Thumbs up

I'm back on board this week! I believe that I've had 6 days binge free so far, and I'm ready to focus more on eating healthier. I also want to incorporate some focused exercise into my schedule this week, but I'm not going to worry too much about it. One step at a time!

Spoz, thank you for keeping the thread running. Acknowleding my effort to someone else, and having the support provided here, really helps.

Wishing everyone a fantastic Monday, and even better week
Old 11-17-2008, 12:10 PM   #5  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Spoz - Unfortunately I CAN remember mine jk. Great job on staying fantastic!

Petunia - Woohoo last binge on Thurs and made it through the weekend... way to go.

EsperanzaBella82 - You continue to be a big motivator for me. 25 days is amazing...

Penelope - Welcome back to the board. 6 days and counting

As for me...

I did what I said I WAS NOT going to do. I had a binge on Friday night that lasted all weekend. It all started with the movies on Friday night then I just couldn't stop. As I felt more and more guilty I just continued. I don't even want to think about how many useless calories I inhaled. Why are weekends the devil? So its back to day one for me unfortunately...
Old 11-17-2008, 12:52 PM   #6  
It'll all be worth it...

S/C/G: 245/Ticker/120

Height: 5'4

Spoz: way to go girl! sound like you're doing great!

EsperanzaBella82:Only 44 days to new years! we can do it! Keep it up lady!

Petunia418: One day at a time is the only way to do it in my opinion well done on the first 4 days!

Penelope: 6 days is great, congrats! Sounds like you have a great attitude!

Stephanie: Weekends are a b**ch! I know what you mean, I really struggle at the weekends! You can do it tho, we're all here for you. P.S. I love you're picture really makes me want to go out and take photo's, I'm also a photography nut!

As for me; Well ladies today marks my 28th day binge free! That one month. I'm so proud of myself! I struggled today. I started a new "diet" (i hate that word) today and I was starving at lunch so I broke and ate a sandwich and a scone. I'm trying to do lowish carb so as you can guess thats NOT good! No bingeing, just lunch but it wasn't a good choice. I was just really tired and wanted to eat what I wanted. I do regret it. But tomorrow is a new day.
Old 11-17-2008, 02:09 PM   #7  
University Student

S/C/G: 170/170/140

Height: 5'4

Yes...you are right, occasions are fine "on occasion"! I've had a good day so far, and an active one too. As of this Thursday it will be two weeks! So I've got to keep on rolling...Keep it up ladies!
Stephanie
Old 11-17-2008, 02:36 PM   #8  
Burning it away

Stephanie. Stop! rule number one, after a binge, forget the calories! Theyre noti mportant, what is important is that you regain control over your food. It's not about what you eat or much of it you eat, but wether you are in control. You're doing fantastic so dont put yourself down
Old 11-17-2008, 03:27 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 362/345/225

It's so cool to have a place to talk about binging where people understand that it isn't as simple as having "will power".

Today is my third day without binging. My partner and I are trying to do low carb/wheat free, and it is tough. But I'm hanging in there. For me, it is almost all about being mindful. Thinking about what I am about to eat, pausing a little. Beyond that...it truly is one day at a time.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:34 PM   #10  

Hi, I wanted to entroduce myself. I went to a spirritually based recovery group yesterday, and was very inspired, and identified as a compulsive eater. I want to lose weight, but, I have recently made the link between what or how much I eat and how I feel, I have depression, and food and exercise affects my mood. It seems striking that whenever I am upset, I immediately want sugary or starchy foods for their numbing effect.
I've made a little progress, if I wnt ice cream or chips, I eat them away from home in a controlled amount like a restaurant. It's pretty much trying to differentiate between physical and emotional hunger.
Lately things have felt dark. My Dd just told me our guinea pig died, she is very upset, but, I am beating myself up. If I'd known he was sick I would have tried to save him. Kinda pointless.
I love my Bf, but he's not very emotionally supportive. I know he loves me, but, when I am sad, he just seems at a loss. I guess we will be talking about that more. Feeling very alone right now.
I draw great solice from my music and priestess studdies. I also love my dog and five cats. Thanks for letting me share, I look forward to getting to know you all.
Amie
Old 11-17-2008, 10:31 PM   #11  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Default 2 weeks, getting thru the next 2 days

I am at my 2.5 day meeting now. Did ok with the supper meeting, avoided the starch with my entree cause dessert had been pre-ordered, and it was cheesecake, so I spent the wad on that, but did well the rest of the day, even exercised more, and kept up with the food diary.
The next 2 days will be harder, buffet food mostly so must be cautious and conservative. For the snack times, (often cookies with coffee) I brought go lean granola bars. At least I know how many calories is in one, and when its done, I will be done.
as for the rest of you, lauren, esparanza, you go girls. show us it can be done.
Maddie, you r doing great. Low carb takes off pounds, but only if you can stick to it. Try carrying some hard cooked eggs. But at least you stopped after the sandwich and scone, and didn't go on all day! Maybe consider an alternative, like somersize, if you can't give up carbs completely.
welcome jazzme too.
Steph dont be discouraged, give it time, and your energy. You can do it.
gnight all
fatmad
Old 11-18-2008, 10:53 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 188/188/138

Height: 5'3"

Just found your thread. Binged yesterday....starting today binge free. Really just started posting on 3FC yesterday though I joined back in June. Hoping with everyone's help I can find the help I need.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:26 AM   #13  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Maddie - I WILL have a good weekend damn it lol. Thanks my picture is me and my new baby a Nikon D300... Its heaven if your looking for a new camera... Yay for you on that HUGE victory! A girl needs a sandwich and a scone from time to time, don't beast yourself up about it your a superstar!

Spoz - Your a lifesaver. I needed that! Thank you...

Jewell - Congrats on 3 days done, here is to number 4!

amie - I can relate to eating to make yourself feel better I was in a very bad marriage a while back and when things would get tough we would go out to eat. When I would get sad I would binge... One thing that truly helped me was keeping a food journal and being very mindful to always write down how I felt like crap each time and it DIDNT solve the problem I had. About the BF not knowing how to react when your sad... Men are just different. Its hard for them. Instead of focusing on his inability to fix things for you lets get you to be the super on track woman who fixes her own problems. This will serve you so well in life. All it takes is a decision that things are going to be different. That your not going to allow this to be your life anymore. CHANGE IT GIRLY! We will be here for you...

fatmad - Oooh buffet food is the devil! Great job on the granola bars, those are so rich I can never eat more than one. You might also like Balance Bare Natural bars, they are like trail mix in a bar but VERY yummy.

CannieD - Welcome to the thread, here is to the first step...

As for me...

Yesterday I was an angel (as always on weekdays). No one has ever been on track like I was jk. It feels really good after the weekend we are not talking about lol. Today should be pretty normal, no big challenges.
Old 11-18-2008, 01:08 PM   #14  
Burning it away

You're welcome! I'm learning alot through my program and the main thing I've noticed that held me back before was putting myself down or feeling guilty.

I went a little insane this morning but have returned

Fatmad, cannie and steph its those days on plan that count, so well done
Old 11-19-2008, 12:07 AM   #15  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Thumbs up buffet day

got through the breakfast buffet without the danish, had eggs just fine. reserved a low fat yoghurt that I ate with kashi go lean cereal for morning snack, and left the danish alone.
Again managed reasonable portions for lunch. It helped to have lots of healthy foods, a really nice salad bar, and lean meat choices.
Had a Kashi bar for afternoon snack and avoided the ice cream (yikes) at snack time. Had a bit of popcorn later in the afternoon, cause I was hungry after the meetings were done but supper 2 hours away.
I came up to my room during the wait and did a yoga video! I had also done 20 minutes on a stationary bike in the morning at the hotel gym.
Tomorrow I am going for a two mile walk in the morning with one of the other midwives before we start the meetings.
Supper was pretty good, I didn't have the bread or the dessert, did have some dry white wine, (hey I really deserved it after a day of temptations) then when I came up to my room, I succumed, there was a box of 2 chocolate truffles where the maid had turned down my bed. Well enuf was enuf, I am only human! thank goodness there were only 2 and it wasn't a bigger box.
Oh well, tomorrow I get to go home after the meetings, so there won't be any truffles in my bed. Just my sweet loving husband.
Absence definitely makes the heart grow fonder.

Maddie, how goes it with your healthy life? Have you been able to not smoke AND eat ok? Don't beat yourself up if there are some slips, doing it all will be a big challenge, and you are human too.
Thanks everyone, just writing about my day makes me feel pretty good to have managed a reasonable day in the face of temptation, and still feel good. Makes the holidays seem do-able.

fatmad
Closed Thread