Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 12:08 PM   #16  
University Student

S/C/G: 170/170/140

Height: 5'4

That was a very inspiring post fatmad! Sounds like you handled your experience well - and did not overindulge. I am having a crappy day and am so tempted to binge. I am just upset for various reasons and I have the hugest desire to go buy a bunch of junk food and eat it in my room. So far, I haven't - I had one of those mini chocolate bars that are 100 calories and a small 150 calorie carton of chocolate milk to try and tide over my cravings. I am writing this in hopes it helps me stick to my plan, and realize that eating a bunch of crap will only make me feel worse. It is just one of those days where nothing goes in your favor you know. I will let you guys know how the day ends!
Steph
Old 11-19-2008, 01:36 PM   #17  
It'll all be worth it...

S/C/G: 245/Ticker/120

Height: 5'4

Day 30! woo, I like it, very round number or something!
I have to say I've be struggling. I'm trying to quit smoking and it takes a tole on the way I eat, all I want to do is binge, but I haven't.
I'm super tired now, just walked 5 miles!
I'm gonna do some later as well, lol!
Old 11-19-2008, 01:41 PM   #18  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Maddie, sounds like you're on a roll

Talk about overeating...these past two days for me have been a nightmare, I ate sooo much. But nevermind, its done now
Old 11-19-2008, 04:23 PM   #19  
*~Beautiful Hope~*

S/C/G: HW: ~200 SW: 170's/150's/115

Height: 5'6"

Really busy week so far. No time for personals today, but wanted to pop in to say I have completed 26 days binge-free..working on Day 27 today. The past couple of days have been hard and despite eating a bit more than I would have liked out of true hunger, I resisted the urge to binge. Today the binge-monster has sort of calmed down...it's learned that I will not feed it no matter what.

Hope to "see" you guys tomorrow to catch up a little better. Hugs and well wishes to all.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:54 AM   #20  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

spoz - YOUR GORGEOUS! I love the new avatar... Its like you told me, its done now. Stick to that. Its all uphill from here, a new chance...

fatmad - Two truffles after being an angel is totally ok. I am so proud of you for doing so well! Especially on working out. Working out while hotel living is always sooooo hard for me. Great job!

steph577 - I do that with the 100 cal packs of choc covered pretzels. I can totally relate my binges always are on "bad days".

maddie - I've heard that quitting smoking makes you sooo snacky. So really that 30 days is an even BIGGER accomplishment. Nice job.

Esperanza - Day 27 you go girly! I imagine its great to have 26 days done, the thought of going back to day 1 would be some extra oomph to keep up the great work.

As for me...

On day four today. Hubby went to the doc for his hereditary high cholesterol. He is back on a fat free diet which is making it crazy easy for me not to binge lol. Had pizza with fat free cream cheese, sauce, fat free mozarella and turkey pepperoni. How the heck is a girl going to binge on THAT cardboard jk!
Old 11-20-2008, 12:44 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 362/345/225

Steph, I appreciate the struggle. I think writing and sharing the experience with those of us who understand does help. At least, I too am hoping it does.

I am trying really hard to go low carb, as I can feel a difference in my body when I eat them--especially when I eat too much of them.

Congrats Esperanza and Maddie. Way to go! Stephanie...never heard of cream cheese (fat free or otherwise) on pizza. Interesting concept. And cardboard or not, even bad pizza is pretty good.

I'm doing okay. yesterday we had a bake sale at work to raise money for our client Basic Needs Fund. It's a small pot of money we use when our clients find themselves in pickles they can't get out of--electricity being turned off because you lost your job, car needs repair and you can't get to work, etc....But there were so many yummy things around ALL DAY. I managed not to binge (which I am particularly proud of) tho I did have one small lemon bar...I could have had two but I didn't. So....off the plan a bit but not too shabby. Right?

Anyway, today is a good one so far.Hope the same for all of you.
Old 11-20-2008, 01:11 PM   #22  
Burning it away

Ah...thanks Stephanie, I wish I felt it sometimes! Girls, I really need your help. I've done well with gaining a positive attitude and sticking to it,t hrough binges and through controlled weeks. These past few days havent been too bad, I've eaten some junk though and I just feel very ashamed with myself and sad Logically I know its ok to make mistakes but I just feel so blah...
Old 11-20-2008, 01:17 PM   #23  
Lose that Baby Weight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoz View Post
Ah...thanks Stephanie, I wish I felt it sometimes! Girls, I really need your help. I've done well with gaining a positive attitude and sticking to it,t hrough binges and through controlled weeks. These past few days havent been too bad, I've eaten some junk though and I just feel very ashamed with myself and sad Logically I know its ok to make mistakes but I just feel so blah...
This may not be the healthiest solution but is there anything your really really wanting? Maybe you could set up a mini goal and if you reach it reward yourself... The positive attitude is HALF the battle but I know all about the sad that follow not being OP (talk to me every single Monday jk). Keep checking in here girly. We like to hear your shining attitude! What specifically has got you down hun?
Old 11-20-2008, 01:20 PM   #24  
Burning it away

Nah..my program is that I dont count calories or cut anything out, which is what I've been doing for the past month. I'm not hungry or craving anything as a result, and thats the plan so I dont feel abd when I do eat. But today I do feel bad about the choices I've made. I feel quite bloated and uncomfy, maybe thats just something that has caused the negative after affect, I really dont know.
Old 11-20-2008, 01:24 PM   #25  
No more excuses!

S/C/G: 141 / 136 / 120

Height: 5"3

Darn, I wanna join... a bit late! Hopefully I can begin today and do super well until the 23rd! Binging is one of my MAIN downfalls..... so, hello all!
Old 11-20-2008, 01:32 PM   #26  
Burning it away

Hey Turbo...no worries the binge thread doesnt have any form of limit, its just a place to come for support and encouragement if you have a binge problem.
Old 11-20-2008, 01:41 PM   #27  
Lose that Baby Weight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoz View Post
Nah..my program is that I dont count calories or cut anything out, which is what I've been doing for the past month. I'm not hungry or craving anything as a result, and thats the plan so I dont feel abd when I do eat. But today I do feel bad about the choices I've made. I feel quite bloated and uncomfy, maybe thats just something that has caused the negative after affect, I really dont know.

Ahh so no restriction so really no need to binge if you can have whatever you want? I was reading this article today that had a good rule of thumb that may not be as restrictive as going on a full blown diet. It suggests to avoid the 7 C's... Candy, Cookies, Cake, Cola, Crackers, Cereal and ice Cream (not really a C lol).

Last edited by Stephanie Osborne; 11-20-2008 at 01:41 PM.
Old 11-20-2008, 01:51 PM   #28  
Burning it away

Exactly, to be fair it has been working. Kind of intuitive eating and I've broken a plateue doing it. Today was just one of those days, I'm already feeling a little better though, so thanks. How are you doing?

Last edited by Spoz; 11-20-2008 at 01:51 PM.
Old 11-20-2008, 01:57 PM   #29  
Lose that Baby Weight!

Im doing pretty good... The biggest thing I am struggling with lately is figuring out fat free does not = calorie free lol. My hubby is now on a fat free diet for his cholesterol which I am trying to follow with him. Last ngiht I had ice cream which I wouldn't have eaten normally but ahhhh it was fat free right? Wrong lol...
Old 11-20-2008, 02:09 PM   #30  
Burning it away

Aaah you shouldnt feel bad about some things that arent low calorie. I used to be totally number crazed but it sent me mad and I ended up regaining it all, eeeep. But your right, its scary how high in calories things can be.
Closed Thread