Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 11:48 PM   #1  

Height: 5'8

Smile Binge-Free Challenge 7/28-8/02

I just spent the last 2 hours making a COMPLETE menu of everything I am going to eat this week. I have every breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack planned and calories are already totaled up!
I made sure my foods were high in fiber, protein to keep me full and had variety to keep me from binging. After a binge last Monday, I spent the entire rest of the week in control but with a stressed mind-set. I figured this strategy was worth a try.

I am actually excited about the meal ideas I came up with and to make it even better I used things I already have in stock, so I just saved myself from grocery shopping for a week!

I am determined to lose a pound and be Binge-Free until my next Scrumptious Sunday! Wish me luck!

And good luck to everyone with their challenges!!

Old 07-28-2008, 07:24 AM   #2  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Sounds like a great plan, tater.

Today is day 8 for me!
Old 07-28-2008, 10:45 AM   #3  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

I've officially made it a week binge free! I'm kinda proud of myself. It's good to have these binge free threads cause everytime I catch myself with my head in the fridge, or cupboard or sniffing around for food somewhere.. I remember.. I don't wanna be back at a day one and I can slowly walk away from the kitchen! hehe

Good job on the 8 days, wardhog!

And tater tash! I wish I could sit myself down and plan everything out as well as you! Awesome! And good luck!
Old 07-28-2008, 11:56 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 183/162/149

Height: 5'7''

day 8 for me too, this really does feel great...heres to a good week for us all ladies-WE CAN DO IT
Old 07-28-2008, 11:59 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 245/236/154

Height: 5'6"

I just finally admitted to myself that I have a problem with binge eating, but I am going to take control, starting today.
I hope I can make it the whole week, but right now I am focusing on today!!
.....here I go
Old 07-28-2008, 12:50 PM   #6  

you can do it, Britt! Just keep telling yourself how great it will be each day to add another day ' binge free'
Old 07-28-2008, 01:20 PM   #7  

Thanks Fauxtini......so far I am counting hours....12......if you count sleeping, 3 if you don't.
Old 07-28-2008, 05:50 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 190/187/145

Height: 5'4"

Go, britt! You CAN do it!

I'm starting over effective Friday but so far, so good. I started using dailyplate's calorie counter and that's helping me enormously -- just seeing how much it's "costing" me to eat one or two or three or four etc etc etc more bites of something!

So, I'm almost to 3 binge free days.
Old 07-28-2008, 06:51 PM   #9  

Default Binge Free

Hey everyone,
Mind if I join all of you? Tater wow, you are my hero..good way to take control of your life!!! Good luck...but I have faith that you will do this!!

Britt, you have the right idea..one day at a time. If it helps I will try to stay binge free with you!! I have never really allowed myself to thing about bingeing as an issue...I like to think of myself as a control freak which I am about everything but food....

Fauxtini, briefcase, peachey and ward hog...what are your secrets..how did you get through the days? I managed to get through Sunday and today...although its not over yet, just barely! I seem to do fine for a short period of time and then I lose control!

Any advice will be much appreciated!!
Old 07-28-2008, 07:38 PM   #10  

I went to my fave pizza place with friends tonite.. it was ALL I could do no to order my usual overly greasy, high in sodium, fat an everything else food.. but i ordered a grilled veggie and chicken hot plate instead. I am sooo proud of myself! It wasn't nearly as healthy as eating at home would be.. but It was the healthiert option there. woot woot hehe

My secrets are uhhhh.. i dont have any.. they mostly revolve around me complaining all evening and going to bed early lol
I'm trying to train myself into not associating TV with snacking. Just getting over the hump and having healthy alternatives and being accountable on here!!

You can do it.. if i can.. anyone can!!
Old 07-28-2008, 09:06 PM   #11  

fauxtini,
Thanks for the smile...you know I think I can get this complaining and going to bed early down pat in no time!

I actually think that you should be very proud of yourself tonight. You made a great food decision and you did it for yourself! Nice job.

I like the accountability aspect of this forum...I did not think it would help but I was wrong......thanks so much.

flappy
Old 07-28-2008, 09:14 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 183/162/149

Height: 5'7''

almost had fro yo in the mall today, i really really wanted to go off my plan but something inside me made me resist...this is really working you guys! thanks for being here
Old 07-28-2008, 09:24 PM   #13  

yeah! its crazy! i do awesome as log as im on here... dont stray from here for long is you aren't 100 percent ok.. I was gon efor a omnth.. and the weight crept up and up... I call it my relapse. But ive learned my lesson. im back for good! hehe

kudos on the fro yo decision, brief!
Old 07-28-2008, 10:43 PM   #14  

Well, day 1 over, and I did not eat ideally, but I did not binge!!
I had approx. 1600 calories, way better than the 2200-3000 I have been.
I could have made some better choices, but I made it.
I am going to bed so I am not tempted anymore.

Thank you for your support everyone!
Old 07-28-2008, 11:24 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 190/187/145

Height: 5'4"

I ate out tonight with a friend -- I had a grilled fish sandwich, came home and entered it into my dailyplate and found out that it had WAY more calories than I had thought. So since I was over calories anyway...I had mini bagel with cream cheese a few minutes ago -- what is wrong with my logic? But I'm not going to binge because I am not going back into the kitchen. I am going to stay right here on this couch for a few more minutes and then I'm going to bed for an unbloated & comfortable good night's sleep.

you are all inspirational!!! seriously! fauxtini, pizza has to be one of the most irresistable foods, but you did it. and good job with the fro yo, brief!!! great first day, britt. and welcome, flap.
Closed Thread