Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 07-23-2008, 10:14 PM   #1  
Good Charlotte fan !!

S/C/G: 184.2/176/135

Height: 5 foor 1 inch.

Smile Binge free at last.

Hi good people :
I want to relate my story here, not sure it will help anybody in anyway, but if nothing else, just my own story.
I was a sufferer of binge eating disorder for 25 consecutive years, spiralling up and down between 103-215 pounds and everywhere in between. I am now diabetic and also have sleep apnea.
I went thru a $ 37,000 eating disorder program 5 years ago and left heavier than when I entered. So much group therapy was painful, with somebody having a meltdown on a daily basis. ( myself included !! ).
So what has changed ??? Sadly it took something to happen to me to make me promise myself that never again. I had a massive binge of rocky road ice-cream, potato chips and knishes and only felt a distended and bloated stomach. The 'fun' began a few hours later. I felt like a red hot poker was stuck in my upper stomach ( between my ribs ) and was kept there. I also felt my ribs were cracking from the pressure. I was in agony for nearly 4 hours. I was in a cold sweat from the pain. Kept popping Prilosec, Tagament.... and could not get relief. Finally at 5:45am it began to subside, and while I was in pain, I sworn to all things holy that never ever again would I treat my body like the City Dump. I got thru it and have been good to my word. I no longer binge, and I have not had that pain ever again.
So the only thing possibly that can be taken away from this story that may help anybody, is, it at all possible, don't wait til it gets this bad, when you are doubled over in pain and in a cold sweat to find whatever it takes for you to binge less.
I am glad to be here, and hope thru my behaviors past and present I may help somebody here now.
Good nite.
FairyVickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:59 PM   #2  

Default Recovering ED

Hi, I was just looking for support. I have struggled with an eating disorder for the past four years. This winter, I was admitted to an inpatient program. That was six months ago, since then I hadn't binged or purged for six months! The longest that I have ever gone without bingeing or purging. Recently, last week, I binged and purged again. I don't know why but I know that I need to stop. I have done it repeatedly since last week, and really want/need support in order to stop myself from slipping and/or relapsing. Any words of advice, support, or own experiences would be so helpful! Thanks!
gymrat8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 11:09 PM   #3  
Good Charlotte fan !!

Wink For Gymrat

Hi :
What I do know about binging at least for me and up until my story that was just posted, is, that it can easily spiral out of control.
One day become two and two easily becomes three. My fav binge things were all carb based ( cake, cookies, chocolate, macaroni, potato chips ) sugary, salty and fatty.
I have no answers for you, the end came for me after 25 years thru getting so ill and having so much pain, it actually took that to turn it around.

I am here for you to vent to even if I have no direct answers for you.
Be well.

Old 07-25-2008, 11:18 AM   #4  

Congratulations! I am also binge free now..after 1-2+ years of binge eating, I havn't binged for something like 3 months now, and it's a great feeling.

I think I just got sick of being "fat". I still am "fat" but I'm working on it, and at least I don't binge any more, a fact I hold onto dearly.

As for relapses..I have had years of eating disorder experience and I've noticed that when my behaviours are worst, it's usually to mask something else I don't like in my life or that I feel I have no control over.
CousinRockingChair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 11:33 AM   #5  
Good Charlotte fan !!

Talking For Emily.

Hi Emily :
Thank you for responding to my thread and with a positive message too !
I have just returned from England, was living there for a year. Wish I was still there. sigh !!

So glad you 'escaped' to from the **** that is known as binge eating. It is terrible on so many levels. Physically, financially.....................

For years food was either my best friend or worse, my only friend. So I am learning to turn this around.

So, an old dog can learn new tricks, even at age 47 !! LOL

Stay in touch !!

Victoria.