Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 01-23-2009, 01:05 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/207/140

Height: 5'5

Default Resisting a big ol' trigger...

Tonight at work, (I'm a server at olive garden) I was ringing in some food on the computer and I heard someone say "she isn't even listening." I turn around and see this guy who I was seeing off and on...and off for about a month now. I know it's over for good and this is just recent so I'm still getting use to it. Anyway, he was there with a date. I knew today was his birthday, but did he really have to pick to eat where I work?! I did my best to ignore him but he was trying to talk to me and make jokes. I was trying to ignore him. He ended things between us just a couple weeks ago by telling me he was interested in someone else. I'm thinking it's probably the chick he was out with (though I have a feeling he has a few girls around.)
This whole incident threw a wrench in my night. He happened to be sitting right next to the only computer on my side of the restaurant. It was pretty busy, so to use any other one I would have had to walk through the packed lobby or the crowded kitchen to do anything, so I had little choice to stand right within earshot of his night out. Oh, and he had the nerve to complain to a manager about how he had the most awful service (I was not his server) and he got his meal for free (because the manager is a pushover.) He complains about everything. It did help to remind me why I shouldn't even be bothered. Where I would have been upset to the point of tears before, most likely, I kept my composure. Yes, I was a little hurt by this, but mostly angry. I'm not going to let it get to me. I did send him a text and told him he was very rude, but he hasn't responded.
ohmanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 03:41 PM   #2  

Congratulations for taking the high road. What a jerk! Texting him was probably an irresistable impulse but something that helps me with bozos like this is the expression "Don't go to the hardware store for milk"- ie: he ain't gonna give you the response you want because he is incapable. Continued strength!
tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 04:19 PM   #3  

Oh my gosh, arn't you SO glad that other girl is stuck with him now and not you! The relief!
CousinRockingChair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 04:50 PM   #4  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

There is no doubt in my mind that he was trying to get at you, and you didn't give him the satisfaction. Good for you.
You are definitely better off without the likes of him. Maybe someday he would grow up. for now he isn't your problem, except in these scenarios. You were wise not to let him become your problem!
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 09:57 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 238.5/?/no more scale 4 me!

Height: 5ft 4 (on a good day!)

Aww I hear you. I was "hanging out" with this guy for like 8 months, we finally started dating, went out a few times, everything was great and then he completely blew me off and started dating a college girl. He's 31! Worst thing is we work together as teachers and i still like him and always hope he will come back to me. But like you, i have to see him with his new galpal (who is not pretty or thin or anything special at all btw) and it does hurt. He doesn't flaunt it too bad, but seeing them together and knowing that used to be my waist he would have his arm around and me that he would kiss good night really sucks. I have had some nights where i have sat home alone and looked at old pictures of us and then thought of the two of them and binged but not anymore! In fact he is my new motivation to look better than ever, the whole "he'll be sorry thing" is what i have working for me now.

Congratulations for staying strong and not bingeing! I am sooooo proud of you! You deserve better than that kind of guy anyway!
bellastarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 01:38 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 289/278.8/155

Height: 5'7"

Just the fact that he would bring a date to your restaurant should speak volumes about the kind of person he is----you can find MUCH better!!!

Be happy you are not with him, this is not the kind of guy you deserve...
Scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 08:22 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 180/172/155

Height: 5'6"

He sounds like he has issues. i don't know what kind, but somethings not right with the hamster.

I mean come on, is he trying to play it off like there was just no where else he wanted to eat besides the place where he knew you would be at?
I feel bad for that girl he's with. He couldn't possibly be focusing all his attention on her if he was trying to show you up or something. Sounds insecure, so unmanly.
kaebea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 12:32 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 225/207/140

Height: 5'5

Thanks everybody. I'm trying not to dwell on this, but it really did burn my biscuits! I'm sure I could do better but it's not like I have tons of male attention, so it's hard for me to believe that sometimes. But yeah, looking back I realize this guy is a huge jerk.
ohmanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 12:40 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 255/see tracker/180

Height: 5 ft 7 in

Good for you in not taking his bait and responding to him in the restaurant. It's easier to say move on and don't let it bother than it is to actually do it, I know been there done that.............more than once
jademarlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 01:20 PM   #10  

Height: 5'6"

you're sooooo way too good for him, you're way better off being out of that relationship.
And it is my firm belief that the energy one puts out, one gets back tenfold.
Boy, has he got something coming!
dutchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 04:39 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 274.4/271.8/160 first goal 250

Height: 5'4''

Good for you for ignoring that idiot and not reacting by eating!! I think I would have binged in that situation, but I'm working on not reacting to triggers like that, too.

You can do so much better!!
Mommy2ndTime is offline   Reply With Quote