Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 07-11-2008, 10:21 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 177/174/135

Height: 5'4

Question uh oh!! social life vs OP?!?!

So this weekend (like, starting in a few hours) I'm going out of state with my roommate to visit a friend at grad school . . . not only is it going to be a weekend full of bar hopping and free drinks but none of the girls I'm going to be around are watching their weight nor do they understand where I'm coming from. (i.e. when I told my roommate that I was tired the other day she goes "then why the **** are you in gym clothes and about to go work out?")

I don't want to miss out on the opportunity and the fun weekend, but I KNOW it has huge potential to be a high-calorie weekend with no gym time and I'm stressing about it. I know I have the ability to make the right choices, whether it's only having a few drinks or doing a few lunges and crunches just to get my body moving. . . but my will power is SO not used to this.

Any suggestions on what I could do during a 4 hr car ride, bar hopping, and everyone hung over and sleeping in, to prevent sabatoging my hard work?

I got my first "have you lost weight? I can really tell!" last night from someone who didn't know I was trying to lose weight. . and I don't want to lose that feeling!

How do you balance a social life with staying OP??
lunabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 10:30 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 177/174/135

Height: 5'4

p.s. I'm not saying that I necessarily am going to be part of the "everyone hung over and sleeping in," but considering I'm going to be in a different state that I know nothing about I don't really want to go off by myself anywhere so I'm going to have to follow whatever the "host" friend is doing
lunabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 10:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: obese/obese/healthy

Height: 5'7"

It's rough. Most of my friends (and myself included) enjoy drinking. I still drink BUT I do not let myself have greasy gross hungover food the next day. Amazingly you'll actually feel better with some veggies/salad/fruit in you then greasy fries!
Other then that drink slower. I try to have a glass of water in between drinks. I don't order another one until the water is gone. This also helps keep you hydrated.
Maybe go for a walk while the others are still sleeping if it's a safe area?
Fat Chick B Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 11:25 AM   #4  
Ann Marie

S/C/G: 263 (Feb of '06)/236/170

Height: 5' 5"

Take lots of yummy healthy snacks and drink slower than everyone else. I basically sip my drinks when we go out drinking. I know when we go out for pizza I order a small salad so I only have one piece of pizza instead of two. Get out and walk whenever possible or try talking everyone into a hike or something like that. If there's dancing where you go out dance the night away like a dancing fool. Have fun on your trip.

Ann Marie
brn2bthn is offline   Reply With Quote