Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 12:27 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

Default Binge Free Challenge ~ May 5 - May 11

Hi chickies!! Welcome to the binge free challenge!! You can come in here and post your weekly successes and struggles and keep track of your binge free days. You can also vent about anything and everything you feel like getting out. This is a positive thread, so I have to enforce the "be careful about being too negative" rule. We are here to share our feelings and to encourage and inspire each other. We are strong chicks and I KNOW we all can do this!! And we don't have to do it alone, we have each other to get us through the rough times.

ALL chicks are welcome -- no one is excluded! If you are trying to lose weight, not trying, maintaining, recovering from an eating disorder, in the midst of one, or have ANY kind of problem with food, we would love to have you join us!!

If anyone has any questions or concerns, or you just need to talk privately, don't hestitate to PM me.

Let's have an awesome week!!
Old 05-05-2008, 10:38 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 208/180/170

Height: 5'11"

Ok so I just joined this site today. I have been a lurker who has been here many times but never posted anything. I have been having a horrible time staying on track here lately and I am hoping this will help me be more accountable. I am a lifetime member with Weight Watchers and am still in my goal but if I do not get myself under control that will not be the case for much longer. So I am hoping to find lots of support here as well as give lots of support. Good luck ladies we can do this!!!
Old 05-05-2008, 01:42 PM   #3  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Hi Worley! Congratulations on being a lifetime WW member. That's awesome.

I am on day 25 today! Here's the thing, though. This week-end I am doing the Komen Race on Saturday and then on Sunday my family is getting together for Mother's Day. We're bringing food over to my brother's, but what always happens is, I don't overeat at the family meal, and then I binge when I get home. After all, I am already off plan, so why not? I am hoping for some suggestions to help me avoid the binge on Sunday (and those delicious Panera bread bagels they give you at the Komen race). It seems like if I recognize the trigger, I can stop it, but history tells me different. Any input is appreciated!
Old 05-05-2008, 02:12 PM   #4  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Welcome worleygirl25! Congratulations at reaching and maintaining your goal, that's awesome! It's a good thing to look for support before you feel way out of control!

Wardhog -- I always go for the fruit after races (particularly a banana and an orange) and avoid the sweets/bagels which I seem to have the urge to overeat. Oh, and I suck a bunch of water down to give an immediately full feeling! The binge when you get home is so tricky I know, but if you don't go off plan on Sunday then there is no reason to binge, right? So tell yourself you AREN'T off plan. You are having a planned "treat" meal that is maybe a little more than your usual meals and is to be savored and enjoyed. Perfectly on plan and acceptable, no binges required!

Day 54 here, feeling good. Had my 7 week weigh in this morning and I'm down 21 pounds total, and I lost 3.6 of those this week, yippee! I look that kind of reinforcement to STAY ON PLAN! I got my 20 pound reward in the mail today -- a new digital food scale! I LOVE it!

Have a great Monday everyone!

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 05-06-2008 at 07:57 AM.
Old 05-05-2008, 02:34 PM   #5  

Hi Wardhog that sounds exactly like me I try to eat good in front of everyone and then the minute I am in my car on the way home I am planning everything I am going to eat when I get there. It is miserable. I have tried just not having trigger foods in the house, the only problem with that is that I can always go to the store so I am currently working on that myself. What I try to think about is how good I will feel when I lay down to go to sleep and know that I have made it through a whole day without cheating, whereas if I have cheated and gone off course I beat myself up about it. So just keep in mind how you will feel if you made it through the dinner and then end up giving in. As for the race I agree with Tyler, go for the fruit or take some fruit with you, and water really does work sometimes when I am really hungry I drink a couple glasses of water and I am fine. Ok well that is just my 2 cents worth, hope it helps. Thanks for talking to me already ladies I really think this is going to help me!!!
Old 05-06-2008, 03:34 AM   #6  
Geek and like it.

Location: i am neither greek nor athenian, but a citizen of the world.

Hi guys
First - greetings Worley and wtg Tyler and Wardhog! I think you're awesome for doing the race in any case.
I didn't post yesterday cos I was having a miserable day, wavering between oh-no-I'm-sad and how-dare-you-feel-sorry-for-yourself-when-there-are-children-starving-in-Africa/families-in-Palestine-living-in-terror-/etc. I blame TOM - I never get weepy like that unless it's due. I didn't do a massive binge but overate (including deep-fried scampi, bad girl) and did get through several hundred calories in a couple of hours, which is kind of a mini-binge. I'm up 3 pounds - so 2 over goal - but again I think TOM is some of that. Still I picked myself up and went to an Amnesty International meeting at night to write letters protesting people's human rights abuses - 1) reminds me what real problems are 2) socialize with nice people 3) honestly does work, prisoners get released and stuff. Sooo I hope today will be a better day, chin up and all that. Laters...x
Old 05-06-2008, 08:02 AM   #7  
Michelle the Vegan

Morning wonderful ladies!

Me23 -- LOL, I do the same thing when I get depressed -- criticize myself for all my "trivial" problems compared to other's monumental issues. But you are allowed to feel sad sometimes, too, even if you aren't starving in Africa. But how great that you went to an AI meeting and wrote letters. I hope you are feeling better today!!

Day 55 for me, and I now have my eyes set on 100 days! That number just resonates with me -- like 100 days in office as "president" of this new body. What will I have accomplished in 100 days? All good things is the goal!

I hope everyone has a great Tuesday!
Old 05-06-2008, 08:09 AM   #8  

Well, I fell off the wagon last night and had a "mini" binge on chocolate last night after supper. But today is a new day and I am determined to make this work! I was thinking about it this morning and started feeling overwhelmed, so I have decided to take it one day at a time instead of trying to set any long term goals right now. Maybe that will feel a little more doable for me. I hope everyone has a great day!!
Old 05-06-2008, 10:50 AM   #9  
Michelle the Vegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worleygirl25 View Post
I was thinking about it this morning and started feeling overwhelmed, so I have decided to take it one day at a time instead of trying to set any long term goals right now.
One day at a time is the way to go! We can all do things for ONE DAY that would seem impossible in the long term. But TODAY we are going to treat ourselves right. TODAY we are not going to binge. TODAY we can reach our goals! Hang in there, you can do it TODAY!
Old 05-06-2008, 11:38 AM   #10  

S/C/G: obese/obese/healthy

Hey girls just popping in to say hi. I've been doing fairly well lately but I always feel like the bomb is going to drop so to speak.
I told my best friend and roommate about the binge stuff this past weekend, the first person besides you guys and my therapist. (Beer is evil, it makes you talk). Anyhoo she was really shocked as I had of course always hidden binges from her. She mentioned she wondered why I struggled with weight so much since to her I never really overate and ate pretty healthy foods. I was slightly embarrassed the next day to have told someone but overall it felt good to kinda put it out there. Of course she's been threatened with severe bodily harm if she tells anyone else

Hang in there everybody, one day at a time is the way to go with this problem!!
Old 05-06-2008, 12:05 PM   #11  

FAT CHICK B GONE it may work out better than you thought that you told your best friend/roomate. Maybe she can be there for you and help you out when you need help. I remember when I told my husband about it I felt so embarrased but so relieved at the same time. I think we think that people will judge us and think differently of us but the people that truly care and love us can really be big helps. I hope you continue to do well!
Old 05-06-2008, 12:26 PM   #12  
Geek and like it.

Location: i am neither greek nor athenian, but a citizen of the world.

Quote:
Of course she's been threatened with severe bodily harm if she tells anyone else

Thanks Tyler I had a much better day today, in all respects. Hormones are so funny. I think about how I was yesterday and I'm like - huh? What was that about?
Old 05-07-2008, 07:41 AM   #13  

Well I did it I managed to stay on track yesterday and it felt sooo good. Here's to day #2!!! I hope you all have a great day!
Old 05-07-2008, 08:20 AM   #14  

S/C/G: obese/obese/healthy

Quote:
FAT CHICK B GONEI think we think that people will judge us and think differently of us but the people that truly care and love us can really be big helps. I hope you continue to do well!
Thanks. I think that's a big problem with me and maybe others that binge - I just don't think Im good enough to deserve support sometimes. Logically of course I know that people care about me and love me but I just don't always believe it.
Congrats on your good day. Make today another one!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me23 View Post
Hormones are so funny. I think about how I was yesterday and I'm like - huh? What was that about?
Glad you're feeling better!! Hormones make us insane, what's their pupose again??!!

Have a good day ladies!
Old 05-07-2008, 11:50 AM   #15  
Michelle the Vegan

Quote:
Well I did it I managed to stay on track yesterday and it felt sooo good. Here's to day #2!!! I hope you all have a great day!
Great job! The first few days are always the hardest because not binging isn't an ingrained habit yet! You're doing great, keep it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Chick B Gone View Post
I told my best friend and roommate about the binge stuff this past weekend, the first person besides you guys and my therapist.
Good for you, talking about this is so hard! I'm glad you have a friend you can confide in! And now that you have told her you can lean on her when tough times strike and she'll know where you're coming from!

Day 56 here, feeling good, feeling strong! I feel like instead of perpetually clinging to the side of the cliff just waiting to fall, I'm actually just standing really, really close to the edge. It is a much better position!

Hope everyone has a GREAT DAY!

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 05-07-2008 at 11:50 AM.
Closed Thread