Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 04-12-2008, 09:19 PM   #1  

Height: 5'8"

Default Trigger food, am I weird?

I've heard different people say they have a "trigger" food, usually sugary stuff or carbs.

For me it's meat, any kind, beef, chicken, pork. I don't know what it is, roasted, baked, grilled, you name it. I have to really control myself when I cook meat. I could easily eat half a roast if I don't stop myself!

I think it's so weird that it happens, anyone else have the same trigger???
friendlykat4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 10:30 PM   #2  

Oh gosh, you're not weird!! My trigger food is ice cream. My gosh, I can NEVER turn it down...vanilla, coffee, cheesecake, mint...it's all delicious! mmMmmm...haha!

Man...I need to get more self control. :P
Its Courtney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 10:44 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

Well, I'm a vegetarian, but I don't think you're weird...

I learned the hard way that when I allow a binge to start, ANY food can be a trigger, if it's in the house. Keeping trigger foods out of the house doesn't help if I allow myself to start, because I'll just eat whatever is available.

On a better note *lol*....today is 4 days binge free
just_a_dreamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 02:27 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 260/234/195

Height: 5'6"

You are definately not werid. I'm right there with you. I can stack away an outrageous amount of good meat. It's hard to admit that my appetite is just as big as my 6' 2" husband (who by the way, I weigh about 50 pounds more than he does).
Laura Philly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 07:34 PM   #5  

S/C/G: obese/obese/healthy

Height: 5'7"

No way that's weird, pretty much anything can be a trigger for me - In my yuck days I could eat a whole pound of ground beef or a huge pot of pasta depending on my mood. (ha sometimes both!)
Fat Chick B Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 07:42 PM   #6  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

For me it is buffalo wings. I can't really have any, since only a dozen will do when I do eat them! It sends me on a crazy wing binge.

I also have to be very, very careful with cashews. I found I couldn't cut them out of my life, so I have 1/3 of an ounce almost every day.
If I cut them out completely, I am likely to binge on them.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 07:55 PM   #7  
Ija
Extra gluten

S/C/G: 286/135/135

I don't think that's weird at all. Sometimes I go a little crazy with ground beef. But my biggest trigger food, believe it or not, is dried mango!
Ija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 12:54 AM   #8  
Captain Obvious

Height: 5'8

I have to echo the not weird part. Meat isn't really a huge part of my diet anymore, but when I did eat meat it was a real trigger for me too. I could eat a whole rotisserie chicken and a couple pounds of roast beef in one sitting with no problem and I still wouldn't feel full. Because of this I tried Atkins for a while eating nothing but meat but I would never get that feeling of satisfaction and since I was eating so much more calories I wouldn't lose weight.
gastronome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 09:27 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 260/234/195

Height: 5'6"

Dried mango gets me too. It's one of those... "but it's healthy food"...
Laura Philly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 10:08 AM   #10  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

I don't eat meat any more, but back when I did rotisserie chicken would trigger binges for me and I'd eat the whole thing and look for more!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 04:17 PM   #11  

Oh yes- especially slow roasted pork butt, all garlicky and crispy- it would just disappear regardless of how stuffed I was
tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 08:56 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 175/169/140

Height: 5' 3"

Any food I eat @ 3 pm is a trigger for me. I will start @ 3 and keep binging until 4:30. By then I am sick. I will either have a cup of coffee (as it kills my cravings) or I go out for a breath of fresh air.

But I am not able to bring myself to drink that cup of coffee or take that walk at 3pm. What is wrong with me?
needtobestrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 10:04 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 330/325/180

Height: 5'7"

Anything triggers me..it's like any salty food I eat I MUST have a sweet afterwards, It's killing me...its like I have no self-control, I guess it's because I've never been skinny so I don't know what i'm missing..Although I would like to be in-shape
OneDayIllBHawt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 10:26 PM   #14  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

You are definitely not weird! My big thing is carbs... mainly potatoes (fries, mashed potatoes, chips, etc). Its like even though I'm full I just can't stop!

And Needtobestrong - I thought I was the only one with a "time" trigger. Even if I've eaten lunch, when I get home from work I still want to munch, even if I'm not hungry and I know dinner isn't too far away!!!! Coffee or a walk is a great idea for a distraction! I guess its all about changing your habits!
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 11:52 PM   #15  
blissfully gluten-free

S/C/G: 195/192/170

Height: 5'7"...................................... waist: 38"/34"/28"

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feral View Post
I guess its all about changing your habits!
So true! I just said that to myself tonight as I reached for my SECOND HELPING of a comfort food (luckily, a low-cal one, but not "on the plan"--and certainly not two servings of it). I said, "Change the habit. Change the habit! You're used to having this much of it. EVERY BITE IS A CHOICE! Change the habit!"

Augh!

Some days are just so hard. Cravings are tough!!!!!
full of grace is offline   Reply With Quote