Help! losing control. - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 02-28-2008, 09:47 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 39/43/38kg

Height: 1.58m

Default Help! losing control.

help! i've gained 4 kgs in just 2 days. I used to be anorexic because of a truama 4 yrs ago, bt recently i had a relapse, and then i stopped eating for about a month, and a few days ago, i started to binge like crazy. Its making me feel very uncomfortable and then i want to puke it out. i've tried all sorts of method, sticking the finger, saltwater, anything. bt nothing works. all the food stays inside my stomach and makes me feel very uncomfortable. I dont want to become a bulimic! I dont want to become anorexic again either!!! Is there any way i can lose the 4kgs fast?
strawwberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 10:31 AM   #2  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Strawwberry - you posted this same issue the day before yesterday, and you were given sound advice to see a professional. You know what you need to do. I am not trying to sound harsh or belittle your difficulties, but you are suffering from a serious eating disorder, and you are aware of that fact.

This is a positive site, and none of us can support any effort you make to purge in an unhealthy way. You already know that you cannot lose the weight overnight, and no one here is going to encourage you to do so.

I urge you - PLEASE - seek some help for your past trauma and your current eating disorder. You CAN get help, you CAN be well, you CAN take control of your own life. You have the strength inside you to seek out the help you need.

Good luck.

EDIT: I do know it is distressing to gain weight from binging - I 'gained' 11lbs in nine days on a holiday just the past week and a half. I have said 'gained' in inverted commas because most of it is water/sodium/sugar form eating rubbish. I started eating clean on Tuesday - I am 'down' six pounds today - again, I have not 'lost' six lbs of fat, but I am able to clear the crap out of my body. You can too - lots of water, sensible, lean food, veggies, and eat ENOUGH, don't starve yourself! You will amaze yourself with how good it feels to take control.

Last edited by HeatherAngel; 02-28-2008 at 10:33 AM.
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 10:52 AM   #3  
Weight Watcher

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Height: 5'6"

I am not a doctor, but in reading your post, I have to agree with the others that you need more help than this forum can provide for you. ** We support you in your efforts to be healthy! ** And I'm sure you know that binging is not healthy for your body or soul. Please google for a health care professional in your area or with your school - some are free or no cost - and your conversations with a doctor are confidential.

Did you enter your stats correctly? 1.58m is about 5'11", and you're saying that you started at 39kg (= 86 lbs,) you are currently 43kg (94lbs) but your goal weight is 38 kg (84 lbs) ?

God makes people in all sizes, but please be aware those weights are well below the NHI BMI range. It does appear that you still have some body image issues from your anorexia, and you need some help in overcoming those. We want you to be healthy and happy with yourself! good luck!
HiHoHiHo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 11:28 AM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHoHiHo View Post
Did you enter your stats correctly? 1.58m is about 5'11", and you're saying that you started at 39kg (= 86 lbs,) you are currently 43kg (94lbs) but your goal weight is 38 kg (84 lbs) ?
I just double checked this through google, but I believe 1.58 meters is about 5 ft 2 in.

Last edited by Lovely; 02-28-2008 at 11:29 AM.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 11:37 AM   #5  
Weight Watcher

Thank you faerie - my math was way off for converting the height. Drat on our US schools for spending one day on the metric system in 6th grade!

I ran it through a calculator instead of just using my toes, and 1.58m = approx 5'2".
At that height, 39kg (86 lbs,) 43kg (94lbs) or 38 kg (84 lbs) is still below the recommended BMI range.

And kidding aside for strawwberry, please continue to seek help. There are people who want and can help you in your goal to be healthy.
Old 02-28-2008, 11:54 AM   #6  

is there another way? i dont have that much money to go find a professional. ): and in my country there's only one hospital which provides counselling and treatment for ED, and it doesnt come free.
Old 02-28-2008, 11:58 AM   #7  
Made of Starstuff

I'm not sure where you live or how old you are. Are there any sort of real life support groups you could attend? Do you belong to any sort of religious organization? Often religious leaders can be counsellors as well. You had mentioned your parents in another post, and I know you said you are not close with them, but I think that they may be your best option to find you the help you need. Perhaps, they even have the resources.
Old 02-28-2008, 12:15 PM   #8  

i'm going to be 18. living in asia. i dont belong to any religious organization. ): and my parents were the ones who said i was fat.
Old 02-28-2008, 12:22 PM   #9  
On my way to a better ME!

S/C/G: 250/ticker/135

Strawwberry, I realize that in Asia people are smaller, but the weights and height you entered are small for EVERY country! You don't want your weight to get so low that your heart stops! You sound like you are PERFECTLY fine! But I agree that some type of counseling or support group is in order for you. You need to see yourself for who YOU are and not what OTHER people say you are!
Rocker Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 01:37 PM   #10  
Made of Starstuff

I'd think many religious places may be willing to give advice or point you in the right direction even if you do not plan to be a part of their institution.

You may be able to contact that place that helps with EDs and explain the situation. It means that you're going to have to be proactive about getting yourself the help you need. But, they, too, might be able to give you suggestions or numbers to call.

Don't rule out your friends either. Our friends are sometimes the only people who understand.
Old 02-28-2008, 02:18 PM   #11  
Weight Watcher

hugs to you, strawwberry. I'm sure it hurts when your parents say you are fat. Believe me, even when someone is overweight - which you are NOT - it still hurts to hear it.

Since you are not yet 18, keep in mind that your body is still growing. You need proper nutrition to grow, and also to learn at school. It is not good for your body or your brain to be bullimic or anorexic.

Does your school require an annual doctor appointment? Perhaps you can talk to this doctor about the appropriate weight for your height and age, and, get recommendations for how to help you with your self esteem and body issues.

In addition to professional help, you can turn toward people you know. Do you have brothers or sisters, or cousins, grandparents, an aunt or uncle, a neighbor, a teacher or friends who are supportive?
Old 02-29-2008, 09:15 PM   #12  

thankyou all very much. i'll try my very best to put myself on the road to recovery. (: thankyou.