Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 01-16-2008, 01:40 PM   #1  

Default What do you tell yourself?

I have been doing so well. I am following weight watchers but only eating when I am hungry and keeping track of points. I have not needed all of the points--it is AMAZING how much less I eat when I don't let myself eat when I am not physically hungry. I use to have a huge problem with eating while I watched TV and I was at a loss of how to overcome it. Not it seems absurd that I ever let it be a problem.

Anyway, last night I was way under with points but I wasn't hungry. I made banana bread and had 2 pieces. It was good and I enjoyed it and I was still under for WW points.

My problem is that I ate when I wasn't hungry. Now I am feeling a little negative. I think in terms of all or nothing. While I know that I am still doing great and should be losing weight--I am also feeling like I blew it--sort of.

Any suggestions?

Gina
GinaXOXO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 01:56 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/ticker/155

Height: 5'6"

I think that as long as you were still within the points range, the banana bread should do no harm. I may be wrong, but when i was on ww you can eat anything you want , just count it in your points and your garunteed to lose. I ran into that too not being hungry and having lots of points left at the end of the day. What i did was bulk up my meals moreif i had cereal for bfst, i would ad a peice of fruit with some honey, or if i had a snack/desert after dinner, i would have ff frozen yogurt , then add a talespoon of almonds and a tablespoon of flavored syrup. Then i found myself still satisfied and at my points range at the end of the day! If i didnt do things like that i would have been eating way too few caleries. Good luck!!
skinnyvanilly2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 02:24 PM   #3  

Thank you skinnyvanilly2b. I have been going under on points and I wasn't sure if I should eat all of my points every day or eat when I am physically hungry regardless of points. I really believe in zig-zagging my points (the Wendie plan) and was going to do that until I started to really understand emotional eating. Now that I have had that lightbulb moment and really understand that I am an emotional eater I am a little confused. Weight Watchers teaches me to eat all of my points and Shrink Yourself teaches me to only eat when I am physically hungry and that diets can cause emotional eating and excess weight.

In addition to believing that emotional eating will help me recover from overeating I also believe that when we starve our bodies we lower our metabolism and our diet becomes counterproductive. In my heart of hearts I knew that I probably should make sure to eat my points.

Now that I have read your post I have decided that I will make sure to get my points and zig-zag my days and calories. Thank you!
GinaXOXO is offline   Reply With Quote