Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 12-03-2007, 11:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/145

Height: 5'7

Default Felt like I needed to share

This isn't about binging, but sometimes I feel like I am losing control a little bit and try to regain it. Well today I had one of those days where I felt out of control and I ended up taking 7 diet pills. The most you are supposed to take in 24 hours is 4. I just kept getting on the scale and seeing it fluctuate and so a little bit later I'd take another. I know that they are normal fluctuations, but for some reason I got it in my head that the pills were helping and now I feel ashamed and embarrassed. I felt like I needed to tell someone because if I hide those things I would keep doing them. I know I need to throw them out.....grr I dunno, I just needed to get it off of my chest. Thanks for listening or reading rather
Rhighlan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 03:55 AM   #2  
DETERMINED

I'm glad you brought this up and got it off your chest. Diet pills are a source of control, and they make us feel better. But they are dangerous as well, theres a reason for the maxium dose on the packet, and its usually because of safety precautions, as well as depriving yourself of calories it will be nutrients as well and it may lead to your tummy feeling just that little bit worse for wear. Im listening on this on though, and i completely understand i was thinking just yesterday about takiong more than the recommended amount, but i didnt. Just remind yourself of what might happen if you took extras, and remember fluctuations are NORMAL, we just have to think soon they will be digested and dissapear, it takes time. You should also drink more water, that sometimes helps your body from maintaing water weight. I hope i was of some help. And your good for talking about it, thats what this site is for
01determined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 03:05 PM   #3  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

S/C/G: 159/139.4/135

Height: 5'5"

**hugs**

Just remind yourself of the health risks associated with diet pills and taking too many of them.

Just remind yourself how much you are worth it.

Have you ever tried writing down the stuff that causes you anxiety? Or whatever emotion (the out of control thing I guess) pops up when you want to take control? Sometimes writing it out, writing out the unreasonable thought processes behind it, then the more reasonable/likely scenario helps a lot.

*hugs* again.
Cats tongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 04:55 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I agree that many diet pills can be hazardous to your health. I say get rid of the diet pills and find a plan you can follow. There are many options.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 11:17 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

Rhighlan86 - I understand where you are coming from with feeling out of control and trying to regain it. Even on days when I don't overeat, I sometimes really struggle with trying to have a healthy relationship with food.
I know from experience that thinking/doing harmful things to ourselves never helps. I also know that sometimes we do them anyway. You are not alone, but you can learn from this and move on.
just_a_dreamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 09:32 PM   #6  
mdl
whole foods bakery queen

oh honey i have done crazy **** in the name of feeling in control -- laxatives, over exercise, even made myself throw up a few times before -- the shame and embarrassment are so strong i hate to even write down that i did these things...even though was years ago (and sad that i even felt that i had to write that they were years ago so heaven forbid anyone think it happened yesterday -- like that makes it any different)

but for the most part i think we all know what we need to do live a healthy and happy life and we just gotta try and stick with that....if diet pills were safe and healthy they would be part of the USDA food pyramid or covered by health insurance...so its probably a good bet that they aren't the way to go....
mdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 09:32 PM   #7  

I feel your pain. I can only offer that I spent alot of years being ruled by the scale. If at all possible maybe you can cut it down to once a week or better yet once a month. Many successful weight loss women use the "pants-o-meter"- if your pants are no tighter, if your pants are getting looser, then sc*ew the number on the goofy scale. You will feel a weight lift off of you.
tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 03:48 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 130/130/125

Height: 5' 8"

I've never had this problem before but a solution that works with children might work for you also (not to be degrading! But it really works!)...when you're in a rational state of mind which understands that taking more than 4 pills is a bad idea (NOT when you're vulnerable...like on a scale) take the bottle of pills and seperate them into zip-loc baggies (only the daily max per bag!). Put all the baggies someplace inconvenient (hard to reach, annoying to walk to, out of the way, ect) and take only one baggie every morning. Put that baggie someplace convenient (with your other medications) and that way, even if you're tempted to take more than 4 per day, you'll have the longggg walk to the rest of the pills to convince yourself otherwise.
kelema is offline   Reply With Quote