Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 08-03-2007, 01:12 AM   #1  

Default PMSing

Am I the only one who gets way hungrier than usual right before "Aunt Flo" comes to town? I was on the Sonoma diet, doing great, but now I find I'm being easily tempted by chow mein noodles and chocolate cupcakes. I check the calendar-yup, it's just about that time of the month again. Any advice on how to deal with this?
tito08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 05:11 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

I get soo much hungrier during that time of month and crave things. So you're not alone. I hate it and its when I truly feel like a pig. Even my husband has commented on my hunger when it's that time of month. That means if my husband notices it then it's a big difference. What I usually have to do is indulge my cravings with small portions otherwise I just blow my eating and binge.
blondebritbrat17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 06:05 AM   #3  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

My hormones are a bit bonkers right now and I'm feeling like eating ice cream and chocolates all night!!!

I just read in The Best Life Diet by Bob Greene that there is a hormone that tells us when to eat, so it would make sense that during this time of the month (I'm ovulating today) when our hormones are changing, that our urges for amounts of what we eat and different things we want to eat will increase. It totally stinks but I'm trying to stay strong and stay within my calorie limit. That's actually why I logged on here right now - needed to vent to someone about how I wanted to eat and eat and eat and just throw the whole healthy habits out the window!

I think I'm going to put the kids to bed and then hop in the shower and hit the sack myself. At least then I can dream of candy!

Kara
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 07:24 AM   #4  

im terable just b4 my aunty cums to visit
its deffo my hormes as i just eat and eat none stop x
linzy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 09:17 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 182/146/132

Height: 5'5"

I too get the extra munchies before my TOM. I do indulge it, in moderation, because I know it's something my body is telling me, not my head. There's a relief in that. I was going NUTS about it until I realized when and why it was happening. It's like the "tired" day I get before my TOM. I always have one day that it feels like there are rocks in my shoes. I know there is no way around it so I just have to go through it.
So, plan for it best you can. If you know it's coming, enjoy a bit. I brought home a doughnut for me to munch on. It's normally a food I don't eat anymore ( it's a binge item for me) but I'm okay with just one and I "know" why I'm eating it. My calories usually stay around 15-1600 but PMS 18-2000. To fight against it is futile. Besides, once the TOM is here, the last I feel like doing is eating so it seems to balance out. Hope this helps.
sumu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 11:45 PM   #6  
Eye of the Tiger!

S/C/G: 205/175/146

Height: 5'10

Being the emotional eater that I am and being the superly overly hormonally emotional person that I am the week before my TOM I struggle every month not to binge like mad! I am not sure that it will ever go away, so I just need to control myself, lol. Good luck to you!
wannabeahotmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 09:36 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 262.2/199.8/150

Height: 5'5

I WANT TO EAT EVERYTHING IN SIGHT RIGHT NOW!!!!!

I AM MAKING MYSELF NUTS!!!!! I HAVE 30 EXTRA WW POINTS LEFT FOR THE NEXT 4 DAYS AND I AM FREAKING THAT I BLEW IT ALREADY!!!! I AM WANTING TO DIG INTO THAT HALF GALLON OF ICE CREAM RIGHT NOW!!!

BEING A WOMAN.....WHAT IF I DON'T WANT TO GIVE BIRTH?!!!
KayLINY is offline   Reply With Quote