Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 05-03-2007, 02:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 219/211/160

Height: 5"5

Default What was your defining moment?

We've all had those moments. Some of us have had quite a few over the years. I'm talking about that moment where you truly realize "NOW is the time to get serious". For some it's a trip to the Dr. telling you if you don't lose wt. you're gonna have a heart attack. For others its pulling your HUGE pants out of the dryer and really seeing them for the first time. I had one of those moments today while watching the View: Rosie was talking to a guest about how big she was after birth. She said 211 and Rosie said, "THAT'S how much I weigh!"
My jaw dropped to the floor. "OMG....I am bigger than Rosie!!" Now I happen to love Rosie but everyone knows she's fat and everyone talks about it. Including herself. I even refer to MYSELF as fat. But I just never thought I was THAT fat! I am so depressed. But I am also realizing how bad it is and that I have to do something NOW.
Care to share YOUR moments? Maybe it will help remind us of why we need to "keep keeping on".....
reneeks5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 02:33 PM   #2  
~~Joanne~~

S/C/G: 178/151/150

Height: 5'3

I think I realized I really needed to get on the ball with getting my life healthier when I realized my size 17 jeans were starting to get to tight!! That really got me going! lol.
wateraddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 08:31 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

Mine was quite a few different things -- not being able to fit in some seatbelts (especially in older cars), not being able to fit in my bathtub, barely being able to get up out of a chair, or off the floor, getting winded sitting up and pulling the covers over me, being embarrassed to be seen in public, taking out trashbags of empty food containers, wrappers, etc. out to the trash every week, and knowing that if I didn't do something about it now, I would spend the rest of my life weighing over 300 pounds, or even more at the rate I was going.
HarpoChicoGroucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 09:29 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 308/238/164

Height: 5'5.5"

One day in late January I realized that I'm going to be 40 in August and that was it!
Dyanm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 07:18 AM   #5  
On my way...

Height: 5,4 ft

Uh, I had a lot of such moments.
As I realized that it holds me back from having a life. As I realized how many things I donīt do because of my weight, because I am ashamed.

The moment as I realized that I really look like that girl on that pic- I always thought the photographer just caught me in a bad moment, but that was REALITY.

As i realized that I gain more and more weight, that I wasnīt able to wear my fav clothes...
Kate109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 02:51 AM   #6  
super geek

S/C/G: 185/151/138

Height: 5'9

My defining moment was classic - my jeans didn't fit.

That was the main thing, but also visiting friends who hadn't seen me in a while, and him saying, `you used to be so SKINNY!'

I never realised that I had got fat o__O

And a family friend telling me I could be a model... if I just lost weight.
rocket pop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 09:50 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 174/137/135

Default Oh, Yeah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyanm1 View Post
One day in late January I realized that I'm going to be 40 in August and that was it!
Me too! I'm August 14th what are you?

I woke up (literally and figuratively) and realized that most of my life up this point has centered in one way or another on my weight. My goal has been to finally break the cycle of losing and regaining (even more) weight. I want to celebrate my 40s and beyond in many ways, but one of the most significant is by finally being healthy and confident in myself.
KylieH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 10:17 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 180/172/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi all, that is something i think we all have, that defining moment. I had one of those years ago. i had lost about 40 or 50 pounds, then during college my wieght climbed up to hovering around 200 pounds. when it got that high i tried hard to not look at the scale so i'm not 100% sure exactly how high it got. But i had to be realistic with myself and the thought occured to me that there is no way that i look as thin as I did at 155, no matter how I try to hide it with big shirts. I look fat.

At that point i started to change my eating habits and working out regularly, i think i dropped to 170 for a while and eventually to 150. But over the years it has climbed back up now to 180, and that's when i drew back on that logic. I can't ignore it or excuse it as water weight, or say it will be back to normal tommorrow, because it's just that i ate alot last night. So that has been my wake up call here as of late. There is just now way that i look as thin as i did at 155 as i do now at 180.

best wishes to you all.
kaebea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 01:00 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 355/314.4/279 (short-term)

Height: 5'5"

A chain of things really... reaching over 25 stone and a UK size 30 clothes at 18 years old.

One of the main things is leaving college (for the third time) because I was too scared to make friends incase they wanted to walk to the high street or walk with me to the train station to get home. I'd get to college an hour early in the morning so I could walk on my own. It is/was awful.
Vicky88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 02:54 PM   #10  
I deserve to feel good!

S/C/G: 250/225/150

Height: 5'5"

My defining moment was simply a number...when I saw 250 on the scale about a year and a half ago it totally floored me. There's no telling why 250 made me feel so much worse than 245 but it did, lol!! I lost 40 lbs. steadily, then stopped working at it and stalled out for almost a year. 2 weeks ago I had another "epiphany." I was thinking about a guy that I like very much, who also likes me...but the obstacle is in my own head....I don't feel like I deserve him the way I look and feel now and I realized that I'm never going to feel like I deserve anyone until I'm happy enough with myself! So here I am starting again, trying to be happy with me before I worry about being happy with someone else
wisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 02:18 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 219/211/160

Good for you! You are so very right about it coming from within yourself. (your happiness) About 6 mos ago I lost 15 lbs. I felt SO good about myself (even though I still weighed 200 lbs!) that men noticed me. I even got hit on at the gas station! Now that I've gained it back I feel really down and it is obvious how I don't get noticed anymore. It is all IN me! When I felt good about myself people saw it! I'll be watching your success. We're the same ht and weight pretty much. I'm ready to feel good about myself again!!
reneeks5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 11:04 PM   #12  

I told myself that I would never see a 200 on the scale. When I first saw it, it was shocking. The previous year I had gone from 195 to 175 and felt wonderful, but a new school semester started, and I was having trouble in classes, and it all just snuck back. After seeing 200, I stepped off the scale and didn't look at it again for almost 4 weeks. By the time I got on it again, it read 208. I decided that it had to stop. I starting eating less, drinking enough water so that I don't feel hungry unless I am actually hungry, and not eating much at all at night. That was a few days ago, and the scale when I got up this morning read 203. I've got a ways to go, but hopefully this is the last time I have to feel like I have hit rock bottom.
Keiera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 05:10 AM   #13  

S/C/G: SW/253/CW231/GW175

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisher View Post
My defining moment was simply a number...when I saw 250 on the scale about a year and a half ago it totally floored me. There's no telling why 250 made me feel so much worse than 245 but it did, lol!! I lost 40 lbs. steadily, then stopped working at it and stalled out for almost a year. 2 weeks ago I had another "epiphany." I was thinking about a guy that I like very much, who also likes me...but the obstacle is in my own head....I don't feel like I deserve him the way I look and feel now and I realized that I'm never going to feel like I deserve anyone until I'm happy enough with myself! So here I am starting again, trying to be happy with me before I worry about being happy with someone else
Snap!!I have this feeling too like he works so hard on his body(he doesnt but it's beautiful)then i should work hard on mine too, although he loves me and my body i feel like i can give him more to love. If i want the best then he deserves the best too.
SlimmingWorldChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 08:03 AM   #14  

Height: 5'8

i realized that i was wasting my life being obese & not able to do the things i wanted to do because of it..
pinupdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 10:34 AM   #15  

I'm no dummy. I knew I was a big boy. About two weeks ago, I noticed that a few of my shirts weren't fitting quite as well as they had been. Just for the he** of it, I hopped on the scale and was greeted by 3-0-0.

"Well", I said, "that's ridiculous". It seemed like a good time to do something I've been putting off for at least ten years. Time to shrink.

Big round numbers have a certain ability to wake you up, don't they?

Steve
Shrinkarino is offline   Reply With Quote