Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 06-21-2007, 07:47 AM   #1  
No more excuses!

S/C/G: 141 / 136 / 120

Height: 5"3

Talking BINGE FREE WEEK CHALLENGE....anyone with me?

hey all!!

I haven't seen any new Binge Free Challenges, so I want to start my own! Who is with me??? I plan to begin it TODAY, Wednesday June 20th, THE FIRST DAY OF SUMMER! What better day to begin??

If you want to join me for this Binge Free Challenge, please comment and I'll know I'm not alone!
We will try our best for a week, and keep on going as we see fit!

xoxo
leda
TurboLeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 07:55 AM   #2  

Im in as long as I can still binge on the veggies! I like to use the term graze lol Not binge.
bethmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 07:57 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Leda, I'm with you!
But tell me... where do you live? I may be wrong, but I could swear it's Thursday the 21st today...
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 10:18 AM   #4  
No more excuses!

haha oops I feel dumb!! yes I meant lets begin today thursday the 21st, which is today! I typed that before breakfast haha

lets get to it!!

leda
Old 06-21-2007, 03:19 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 167/126/117

Height: 5'3

Default I'm in!

This is just the thing I need. I've been feeling a lot stronger about my eating lately and this will definitely help me to stay on track. I work from home and that just allows me to do all of that secret eating that makes me feel good for the moment and absolutely gross and guility immediately afterwards. A little accountability will take me a long way!
LeighHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 06:08 PM   #6  
No more excuses!

wecome everyone!! LET'S GET CRACKIN'!!!!
Old 06-22-2007, 08:32 AM   #7  

Default Good first night

Well ladies, I did something last night that is nearly impossible for me to do, but that I know helped me from starting a several-day binge. We went out for Italian last night and I did not eat any bread or pasta. Straight carbs like that tend to send me out of control for several days. I had a really good appetizer salad and the appetizer ceviche. It was delicious, I was satisfied, and focused on enjoying the conversation rather than making the food my main reason for being there.

Hopefully this will give me confidence to be strong during the weekend, which is always my tough time. We can do this ladies!

Last edited by LeighHop; 06-22-2007 at 11:26 AM.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:40 AM   #8  

Height: 5'-2"

Leigh, good for you! That's a huge accomplishment!

I had a pretty good day yesterday. I didn't always make the best food choices, but I was mindful of what I was eating, and didn't go overboard.

I hope everyone else did well!
Here's to another good day.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 12:48 AM   #9  
Empress/Queen

Thumbs up A semi "I'm In!!"

Huzzah! I will join you with a pledge not to go near the Binge Demon for a semi-week if that's ok (through Tuesday)!!! Can't promise more than that right now!

I do several days of my job at home also, but it's the days in the field that cause me to sometimes (a lot, lately) binge, so tomorrow will be touch and go; if I can get through tomorrow, there's two days of deadline work, more touch and go!

My major anti-Binge strategy currently is simply to keep cals to a sane level as I work my way to where I want to be to stay in control.

Thanks fer listenin', ladies! Let's avoid the ... a day at a time.
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 01:04 AM   #10  
No more excuses!

Leigh: AWESOME job!!! That situation would be totally impossible for me as I'm a bread FIEND! Very very well done and keep it up, girl!!

Amaerantha: Please feel free to join for a semi-week! Anything is okay as long as you're on the ball with us! let's all try to avoid the carb monster...it is a ferocious beast!

leda
Old 06-23-2007, 08:20 AM   #11  
Empress/Queen

Thanks, Leda!!! 'N hi to Beth, Ellis 'n Leigh. Everyone seems to have had a good day yesterday.

Good job on the Italian restaurant save, Leigh! I eat carbs but avoid them in restaurants (especially Italian) as the combo of having pasta or bread and eating in a festive place seems to be a license to eat, eat, eat.

I had a good eatin' day yesterday and no binge!

Last edited by Amarantha2; 06-23-2007 at 08:33 AM.
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 10:20 AM   #12  

Good Morning Ladies -

It's nice to see everyone doing so well! It is amazing sometimes how something as simple as posting to a great board like this can help to keep you on track.

Anyone facing any specific challenges this weekend? My hubby is trying to be "good" with me, so hopefully we can support each other. More often than not we talk each other into being "bad" but I'm hoping we can turn that around! (We have to break ourselves of that weekly trip to Marble Slab.)

I just learn more and more that moderation is not a word in my eating vocabulary. One taste of something that could cause a binge usually does.

Stay strong everyone!
Old 06-24-2007, 09:44 AM   #13  
No more excuses!

oh gosh...I hope I don't break the challenge, but I totally binged on pizza at my sister-in-law's dinner party!! UGH, why did it happen??? I had it all planned and I messed up! HOWEVER, I did stay back on track IMMEDIATELY after realizing the binge...and feel proud of myself for not continuing it

i'm totally back, though!

leda
Old 06-24-2007, 05:02 PM   #14  

Good for you Leda! I think getting back on track basically negates a binge mentally and that's the battle to fight. I know some people may consider one meal a binge, but the kind I have to watch for is the kind that lasts for a full day or even longer. It sounds like you've got a great attitude about it and you should absolutely feel proud of yourself.

I've not been perfect this weekend, but I've been much much better than I have in a long time. My goal for this week is to get back into the gym. I've been working out on my own, but nothing gives me the same results as some tough gym classes.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:53 PM   #15  
No more excuses!

Leighhop,

thanks so much for the words! gosh, it made me feel so refreshed to hear it! I've been totally great today---ZERO BINGE though I had slight twinges of desiring carbs/sweets, but I chewed gum and had some beef jerky as my snack.
also, I ran for 20 minutes after eating some delicious chicken breast!!

everyone, keep it up!!! If I can do it, so can you!!!!