Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 05-14-2007, 10:03 AM   #1  

Height: 5'-2"

Default One Week Commitment

I am losing my mind. I've been trying like crazy to be "perfect" with my lifestyle changes, and one small "failure" leads to one entire day after another of screw-ups.

So I'm going to tone it down a little. This week I'm going to commit to two things. I'm going to drink water instead of diet pop (my recycle bin is filled with huge empty bottles of diet RC), and I'm going to go chip-free.
Small steps that should make a huge difference to my week.

If anyone wants to join me in a "baby-step", jump in. But I just had to write this down somewhere...
I need to know that I can succeed at something, even if it's a small goal.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 10:22 AM   #2  
Move it and lose it!!

S/C/G: 243/238/170

Height: 5'10"

My goal this week is to strength train at least 3 days and do 45 mins of cardio at least 2 days this week!
kristanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 12:02 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

Aw, ellis, big to you! I'll join in too -- I just re-started and recommitted today -- for me, that means back to healthy eating and calorie counting. So I'm committing to staying under calories and not snacking on anything that isn't a fruit or a vegetable.
HarpoChicoGroucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 01:53 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 252/205/150

This happens to me a lot, I'm also back on track after two weeks of lots of bad eating and undoing most of the lost weight I had this year.

So my goal this week is to do at least 20 min walk each day, and enter all my food on fitday, that usually helps me not eat stuff I shouldn't
Vega Botain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 01:12 PM   #5  
I wanna be skinny!

S/C/G: 269

Height: 5'3"

Default I am right there with you

I will join you in the no diet soda just water and no chips. We can do this.

angieevans2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 02:50 PM   #6  

Height: 5'-2"

I've been thinking about this thread, and I'm sorry I haven't been back sooner. Thanks for the reminder, Angie, and I hope it goes well for you this week!

Kristen, Harpo and Vega, I hope you're all doing well with your commitments!
Harpo, thanks for the hug, you sweet girl.

I'm afraid I'm going to jinx myself by saying this, but I am doing so well! I haven't lost any weight yet, but I'm slowly getting control of my life, and that feels fantastic.

Angie, telling myself I could have anything but chips and diet pop turned out to be such an easy thing to accomplish! I think because it was such a "small step", you know? I didn't even desire them because I knew I could have other things. Which weren't as tasty, so I didn't over-do it.
I went for five weekdays without, and then had some pop on the weekend. It tasted revolting. Of course, I continued to drink it, and the flavour seemed to improve. But I'm back off it again this week.
The only problem I've been having is with fatigue, and it's killin' me. I'm trying to sleep better at night, am taking vitamins, am drinking one energy drink in the afternoons, am having the occasional nap, and I'm trying really hard to eat more veggies and fruit. (pretty difficult when most of your daily calories come from chips, chocolate, and bread and butter)
Oh, and this is helping, too, although it may sound like I've gone right off the deep end. I've decided to become a vegetarian again. And that's making me think more about what my daily nutrient requirements should be.

I mentioned in another thread that I'm listening to the audio book "Eat That Frog!", and it's really inspiring me.
Instead of keeping all my goals in my head, I'm getting them down on paper (NOT on the computer where I can tuck them away somewhere).

The author says a couple of things that really hit home.
"Successful people are those who are willing to forgo immediate gratification in order to complete a long-term goal."
"Unsuccessful people think more about short-term pleasure and immediate gratification while giving little thought to the long term."
"Failures do what is tension-relieving (ie eating) while winners do what is goal-achieving."

Others may not agree with those statements, but they work for me.

Yeah, so I pretty much feel like Super Woman. Fat Super Woman.
I'm going to continue this week not to have chips and diet pop, and I'm going to also commit to writing down my goals and making that a habit.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 04:29 PM   #7  
Move it and lose it!!

S/C/G: 243/238/170

Height: 5'10"

Way to go ellis!!

I did great the first week. Last week I had family in town...left Monday and I have MORE family coming to town this afternoon!! WHEW!

Needless to say, I only squeezed in two gym workouts last week. But I did walk the zoo (Detroit) and bike about 6 miles on Mackinac Island!!

So. My goal for this week...the rest of it at least...is to work out 3 more days! I also signed up for a *FREE* yoga class on Saturday!! Wish me luck!
kristanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 05:39 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/125

Height: 5'6

i'm binge free for 33 days but that doesnt mean i'm perfect with my eating

this week i WILL make the right choices!
and burn a minimum of 500 calories per day
RocknRoll is offline   Reply With Quote