Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 06-23-2007, 07:16 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 180/172/155

Height: 5'6"

dear sunnystorm,
i used to do that, and that's how i got off track. i decided after a year of eating a relatively sane and healthy diet that sunday would be entire bag of m&m's day.
for me sweets just creates a craving for more sweets, just like an addiction.

eventually i was up to 4 or 5 bags of candy a week. plus some other junk food.

I try not to do it anymore. I figure if i loose 10 or so lbs, i could go out to dinner or order a pizza, but over all for me, it seems to lead me astray.

i must stress again that when i started taking an essential nutrients powder, it really lead to the end of my cravings. Extreme cravings that is. i still get the occassional cookie or 2 but not nearly as frequent, and the thought of eating a whole bag of fun sizes seems a little absurd to me , so something has definitely changed in me.

So yeah, for me now a binge might be a gourmet cookie , at 300cals as oppossed to b4 when it was a tub o' ice cream at 2000cals.

you might get mad at me for saying this, but i think its true for myself, that as far as excessive food cravings, it is a sign that something somewhere is just not balanced. That is what i have learned so far in my dieting .
kaebea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 08:59 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 145/142/125

Height: 5'6

I struggled with multiple eating disorders for 7 years and during some of my bulimia stages I would plan binges. I would starve myself until I got to a certain weight and then I was able to binge. Before a binge I usually knew what I was going to eat but then I would spiral out of control and eat for the rest of the day. It was a terrible time in my life.
I am new to 3FC and I don't know alot of history about anyone here. It doesn't sound like you have a serious eating disorder but I don't know. I do agree with some of the previous post that talk about balance and I think that is the thing that most of us strive for.
I live a very healthy lifestyle now but we all have times when we over eat. I think the key is if you have it under control. We've all gone out and eaten 1700 calorie meals but most of us don't have the guts to look it up and see that one meal actually had that many calories. I think if you choose actively to not let this one meal get in the way of your ultimate progress, then you won't. If you know yourself then you can trust yourself

Cheers!
SITIBODY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 02:02 PM   #18  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

I know EXACTLY what you mean. I am a fanatic of Chineese Food. There is a restaurant with a buffet across the street from my work. For two days now, I can't stop thinking about it. It gets to the point to where I think I am going to blow it all and go over there and gorge out of food, but I have been able to resist it. But the urge is so frigging strong, it makes me feel so stupid to have this stupid feeling. But I can't stop thinking about it. I pray I can resist again and again.
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote