Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 03-27-2007, 10:05 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'6"

Default Loving this Forum..

I'm not new to fat chicks but, I'm new to this forum, and so far I am loving it! I first started my diet and fat chicks in November. I was so excited about my new lifestyle. I am a college student and I did so well through christmas break! I was really feeling good about myself and was so excited because I finally realized that I can do this!... Then I went back to school. I'm now coming to realize that I overeat when I am stressed. I gained 30 pounds my freshman year of college (probably the most stressful year of my life). When I'm at school and work during the day I hardly eat at all bc I'm always on the go... then it is really bad when I get home at night, I just want to eat everything in sight. I feel like I am constantly fighting with myself at night. I'll eat and eat and then I get so mad at myself. I haven't posted on here in awhile because I kind of fell off the wagon. However, I know I need your support! I need someone to answer to... so I am making a promise to myself right now for all of you guys to see. I promise to eat more throughout the day, and I promise to eat more balanced healthy meals. I know that if I do this I will feel more energy to exercise when I get home! I know I am capable of doing this you guys... with a little support and motivation I can! I am really looking forward to getting to know you guys and I hope I will find a great support system here, I know I need it.

P.S. I'm kind of scatter brained so you will have to excuse my writing, I know I tend to ramble...
caseygail21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 10:20 PM   #2  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

I too definately overeat when I am stressed and do fight off mr. bingy at night mostly. Most times I win, but not always.
Anways, Welcome!
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 10:26 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 150ish/???/125

Height: 5'2"

Hey Casey, I'm a college student too and have had some of the same troubles. I worked at a resaurant the summer after my sophomore year and I would be there from either noon or 4pm until after 10pm, at which point I would be so starving that I would eat everything in sight. I was gaining weight steadily because of not eating all day and then eating things like lots of french fries, alcohol, etc. I found one thing that really helped which was to keep a bag of almonds in the car to eat on the way home, then by the time I got around to eating dinner I wasn't so famished.
snowbunny2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 10:43 PM   #4  

Thanks snowbunny and shrinking! It is really good to talk to others who are in the same boat as me. And that is a great idea snowbunny, I've already decided that I will always have a good healthy snack with me during the day, that way I can't go to the snack machine or swing through a drive thru.. or worse I won't starve myself.
Old 03-27-2007, 11:16 PM   #5  
No pain, no gain.

Height: 6'3"

Hey. I'm a college too and have gained roughly 40 pounds since I started.

It has been mostly due to unhealthy dining hall food (my school is so small that our food options are quite limited) and overeating at night. My friend and I always seem to wander to the grocery store down the street when we're bored and stressed and I'll buy a bunch of junk food and just eat and eat and eat until I feel sick.

I just started and I have a long way to go...it helps knowing i'm not alone.
glitterlicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 11:42 PM   #6  

You, are deffinitly not alone. My friends and I had the same habits. We loved to stay up all night and eat junk. It's hard to change your ways when you have your best friends surrounding you with the same old nasty habits you had. Maybe you should talk to your closer friends about this new lifestyle, they could turn out to be very supportive and help you get rid of those habits. If not, you have people here to support you. One thing I try to do is to not eat after 8 p.m. It doesn't always work out that way but that's ok, it is something I shoot for.