Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 01-05-2007, 08:02 PM   #31  
New Beginning, New ME!

S/C/G: 162/133/125

Height: 5'4"

HEy again...ok not good tonight! we have had a busy few days with buying new furniture, reconnecting with some friends (yay ) and cleaning like crazy.....i finally crashed today . After 3 months of binge freedom (binge free not purge free for that long YET) I slipped today. We slept WAY too late from exhaustion and when i did get up I was starving and just ate and ate and ate and now my stomach hurts.

I will NOT purge...I am 8 days Purge free and i will not do it!

I WILL get back on the treadmill...i WILL control myself...i WILL set a better example for my kids.

Elizabeth...I am amazed at your strength . It comes through in the words you type to all of us daily. I am so glad I inspired you with my treadmill dedication and you have reminded me how strong i felt during that time.. I used to walk/jog 5 miles a day...now I struggle through a mile! I have to get that back in my life. Santa didn't bring any new DVDs but he brought me an MP3 player and he had the most Handsome Elf deliver it to me ! Hubby gave it to me and i LOVE that thing...its always in my back pocket with the ear phones around my neck so i can listen whenever i want. My handsome elf of a hubby is sweet!....

I also celebrated my big 3-0 birthday a few days ago (dec. 30) we had a blow out party with some friends and it was a blast.

We have started lots of new behaviors for our new year. One of them are Family Dinners with no tv. I made dinner the night before last and my son (6) saw my plate and said "MOM you are eating that MUCH? I thought you were on a DIET" It felt awful for him to notice that.
Other behaviors we are aiming at are Communication, HEALTH (not just weight but health for me and hubby), Money management, and just to be a happier family this year.

I feel better after typing this LONG post and i no longer feel the urge to purge.....YAY. once this food settles I AM getting on the treadmill and I will remember that if I don't then Elizabeth will get me!! Thanks girl you are returning the inspiration
LeaLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 12:08 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 172/172/142

Height: 5'7"

Oh my. I'm new to the board, and after reading this thread, I feel like I've found somewhere I belong. I've always had issues with food - eating too much really, eating when not hungry, picking at stuff, general munchies - I'm guessing that most people here know what I mean. I lost my job in early Dec and I've been paranoid about eating to alleiviate bordom, but yesterday afternoon while I was waiting for my bf to come home, I was hungry and so I ate a snack. and ate some more. and a little bit more after that. And then ate an entire normal dinner. and snacked afterwards. I guess I binged. I felt kinda gross after dinner but still picked at stuff as i wandered through the kitchen as I worked into the night.
I guess this post is more of an admission of guilt, or whatever. It does feel good to be somewhere where what I do doesn't make me a freak, but is recognized for what it is. Any suggestions as to how I make changes and beat this? I'm tired of self-medicating.
nerdalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 07:01 PM   #33  
Elizabeth

S/C/G: 233/158/145

Height: 5'6

Hi Everybody!

I had a BIG fight with my binge beast today! fortunately, I WON! YAY!
I had a bite of something with nutrasweet in it and I had a crazy urge to start a wild binge. I had to literally run out of the kitchen. When I avoid all sweets, my appetite is more reasonable.

Sharon~ thank you SO much for your kind words! You REALLY have been an inspiration as my treadmill hero! In fact, I got on my dreadmill today! You were doing SOOOOOO fantastic, I know you'll be back on your treadmill, burning up those miles, in no time!

WOW! You were binge-free for 3 months!!! That is SO fantastic! You should be VERY proud! And you're doing great with over a WEEK of no purgeing! FANTASTIC!!!! I'm sorry you "crashed" today, but you are still doing SO great---CONGRATS! You CAN do this!!!!!

nerdalicious~ cute name! You are NOT a freak! There are many of us who struggle with food issues! One thing that helps me to avoid bingeing is to identify trigger foods (SUGAR) and avoid them. It also helps me to have set times to eat and PLAN my meals in advance. Using a food journal is also huge help for me. I use fitday dot com which is free to record my food intake. Posting here and reading has also helped me tremendously. Good luck!
telemetrynurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 12:44 PM   #34  
Trucker Gal!

S/C/G: 302/292.8/185

Height: 5'11

LeaLee I think that is the most admirable resolution, to eat dinner with no tv as a family. It will pay off big time in the short, AND long run!

Well no binges for me now really for about ... oh I think this is day 10. I am also off coffee completely. (Not that I was a big drinker but enough).

I have also lost....10 pounds in those 10 days.

Big reason being...the worst bout of strep throat I could have ever imagined. Today is day 4 of it. Can't eat, can't sleep. This really is disgusting pain! Can't wait till I can sleep though the night again!
LadyNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 10:40 PM   #35  
julie

S/C/G: 239/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'2

hi ladies, i really need to post more here. i had a good week except wed. i feel as long as i am planning i do really well but if someone mentions a specific food then i want it which can lead to a binge. now i am working on ignoring people and commercials about food. like in my head i am singing la la la lol.
jaceycat28 is offline   Reply With Quote