Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 12-26-2006, 12:18 PM   #1  
Elizabeth

S/C/G: 233/158/145

Height: 5'6

Default Binge-free week, Dec 26th start

This is a thread to challenge ourselves to remain binge free for one week. Some of us make it, and some of us don't, but we all give it our best effort. It doesn't have to be an entire week. Some of us take it hour-by-hour. Whatever you can do, come here to share your successes and your struggles. Together, we are all stronger!

Please refrain from mentioning any specific foods because it sets some people off on a binge. If you feel the need to mention food, head on over to Cyber Purgers and confess away.

This is a thread open to all, don't hesitate to jump in anytime!!! Newbies are very much welcomed!!!

Good luck and much strength!

Let's do it!!!
telemetrynurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 12:28 PM   #2  
Elizabeth

Hi Everybody!

I had a rough day yesterday (my 4th miscarriage). I found myself trying to eat away the pain. UGH! Like an alcoholic or a heroin addict, I found myself mindlessly eating and eating. I didn't fall off the wagon, I jumped off the wagon and ran in the opposite direction.

So, I'm here to recommit to keeping my binge beast in his cage, to using food for FUEL not for an emotional "fix".

I hope everyone is doing well in dealing with holiday stresses and temptations. It can be so tough. Please join me in my fight!

I must remember, food is FUEL, nothing else. If I am hungry, I will eat ANYTHING to satisfy my hunger, not just tasty treats.

Good luck everyone!
Old 12-26-2006, 01:31 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 275/202/140

Height: 5'2"

Elizabeth, I am so sorry for you. I can't imagine how difficult that is for you. It would make for a rough day anytime, let alone on Christmas.

Although my Christmas was very nice, I jumped off that wagon too. Too much enjoying family, good food and even too much wine.

Today is a new day though, back on track, watching my points and back to Curves. Starting today a binge-free week. We will be spending a quite New Years Eve at home so that will help.
wanna b thin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 03:30 PM   #4  
Trucker Gal!

S/C/G: 302/292.8/185

Height: 5'11

Elizabeth, so, so sorry for your loss. We also had an awful Chrsitmas day, we went down to the home and sat with my Grandma while she passed.
Hope you have a wonderful 2007.
LadyNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 06:32 PM   #5  
julie

S/C/G: 239/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'2

well i am back again this week. i know i have gained weight because my pants are tight. i hope that the holidays are over i do better.

elizabeth i am so sorry for your loss. i had a miscarriage a few years ago. i have read a book called transforming through birth and it had helped me with positive thinking.
jaceycat28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 05:16 AM   #6  
On my way...

Height: 5,4 ft

Oh, Elizabeth, thatīs so sad! I wish I could do something (or say something) to help you, but I fear I canīt....
Thinking of you and sending you

Christmas was quite ok. I wonīt get an award for healthy food choices, but I havenīt binged. I still suffer from a "Christmas- detox"= I really put a lot of hopes into that celebration and I am always dissapointed when the celebration is over and nothing came true....
Well, I guess trying to be realistic would be a good thing.

I hope everybody is having a nice time with some amount of binge free time!!

Kate
Kate109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 11:28 AM   #7  
Elizabeth

Hi Everybody!

Thanks so much for your kind condolences! I really appreciate it!

I had a good day yesterday, food-wise. NO binges! YIPEE!!!!! I actually ate like a rational human being! WOOHOO! It feels sooooo good after feeling so out of control!

kate~ congrats on remaining binge-free on Christmas! That is a wonderful accomplishment! I'm sorry your Xmas day wasn't what you wanted/expected. I know the feeling, it can be tough. Wishing you a much happier New Years!

jaceycat~thanks for the book idea! I'll check into it. I bet your weight gain/ tight pants are more fluid than actual weight gain. Lots of sodium in many Xmas/holiday foods! Good luck in making those pants baggy!

Ladynorth~ I'm soooo sorry to hear about your Grandma I worked in a nursing home for years and can tell you that she was fortunate to have family to be with her with she passed. Sending you and your family thoughts and prayers!

wannabthin~I'm glad you had a nice Xmas with family and enjoyed your good food and wine! You may have jumped off the wagon, but you can climb back on! you CAN do this! Curves sounds like a good idea. I've considered joining. Do you like it?

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! Hello and big to any lurkers!
Old 12-28-2006, 01:53 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/125

Happy Holidays everyone!

after christmas, i had a very strange feeling overcome me. I am no longer hungry with the exception of lunch and dinner. I have no desire to overeat or eat sweets. I started south beach and its... easy. Very odd but i'm loving it.

I know this year will be a great one now!

two days binge free and no sighn of stopping
RocknRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 06:42 PM   #9  
Elizabeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocknRoll View Post
Happy Holidays everyone!

after christmas, i had a very strange feeling overcome me. I am no longer hungry with the exception of lunch and dinner. I have no desire to overeat or eat sweets. I started south beach and its... easy. Very odd but i'm loving it.

I know this year will be a great one now!

two days binge free and no sighn of stopping

rocknroll~
CONGRATS on 2 days binge-free!!!! YAY!!!

I'm doing well and am still binge-free...WOOHOO!
I hope everyone else is doing well!!!!

GOOD LUCK and
Old 12-28-2006, 10:34 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 287/307/170

Height: 5'2"

Hello Everyone!

I am new to this site, but I have been reviewing your posts for the past few days. I believe that this thread is a fit and would like to be a part.

I made a decision on Christmas Day to move toward controlling my need to overeat/binge and also to lose the weight. I have been overweight the majority of my life but only started the overeating/binging in my thirties.

Today I am celebrating four days of no overeating/binging! I am very proud of that because I do not consider myself someone who has a lot of willpower.

I had two temptations within a twenty-four hour period and I resisted them both.

I realize that I have to remove all of my trigger foods from my diet. I can't have them at all because I just eat and eat them until I'm stuffed; and even then I find it hard to stop. Maybe far in the future I might be able to integrate these items back into my diet, but for right now that will not be possible.

Right now, my focus is to take this one day at a time. I am not looking to far into the future. I'm just staying in the present.
Mona Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 10:22 AM   #11  

I am happy to report: Binge free since 12/25/06, that is 4 days....
I have been doing Atkins and my challenge is 90 days without sugar!! (or starch)
So basically 90 days extended induction!
Wish me luck (very busy at work BTW)
carolva77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 02:35 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/125

thank you tellmetrynurse!
good job carolva77!!

4 days done and i'm feeling strong

4 days binge free= 3.5 pounds off my body! I think i can link the two together and also thank south beach. I feel awesome! Even though its only 3.5 pounds i swear i see a difference!

Hope everyone is doing great!
RocknRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 11:35 AM   #13  

Coming to report 7 days binge free.!!!! Atkins really work (specially the thing with the small meals)
carolva77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 11:32 AM   #14  
Elizabeth

Hi Everybody!

I started a new thread for Jan 1st but wanted to respond to some of the posts here.

monalisa~CONGRATS!!! on being binge-free AND for resisting temptations! There are SOOOO many temptations for me during the holiday season!
I agree with you 100% about the "trigger" foods. GOOD LUCK!!!

carolva77~ WOW! 7 days binge-free!!! Fantastic!!! I've also done atkins and found that it was SO much easier to control binges. It just seemed to get my crazy hunger under control---what a GREAT feeling! I would literally forget to eat! GOOD LUCK!

rocknroll~YIPPEE for you!!! 4 days binge-free AND losing weight! WOOHOO! You go girl!

GOOD LUCK to everyone! Please join me on the new thread! HAPPY NEW YEAR!