Old 12-16-2006, 03:52 PM   #16  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

ask away....there is never a dumb question!!

as for your list, Ive seen them, but passed by all of them except for fennel. I love love love fennel. If you like the flavour of black liquorice, thats what fennel tastes like, only alot milder. Its kind of a nice change to make a coleslaw out of it instead of cabbage.

Im like Lily, I stick to the broccoli, green beans, brussel sprouts and as little lettuce as possible (Im not a salad person)
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 06:53 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 273/246/175

Height: 5'3"

OK, I did pretty good at the grocery store last night. No processed foods(for me anyway) and I did get the whipping cream. Also, I bought cabbage. I like cabbage, but uh.....how do I cook it? I don't really need a fancy recipe. Just the basics. I think you boil it but how long?
Justwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 08:17 AM   #18  

OK, so I've looked around on a couple of sites. It seems that most people are frying, baking or sauteing their cabbage. I also noticed that cabbage was on the higher end of the veggie\carb list anyway. I will have to be careful here. I should have noticed this before. Im thinking Im going to try to incorporate it into ground beef somehow.
Old 12-17-2006, 09:34 AM   #19  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

CRISPY CABBAGE
1 medium head cabbage, about 27 ounces before trimming
4 tablespoons butter, melted
Salt and pepper

Cut the cabbage into 1-inch wedges making sure to keep the core intact on every wedge. You may lose a few of the lose outer leaves that aren't attached to the core. Place the cabbage on a baking sheet and brush with the melted butter. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Turn the wedges over and do the same on the other side. Roast at 450º until the cabbage is browned around the edges, about 20-25 minutes.

Makes 6 servings

Per Serving: 98 Calories; 8g Fat; 2g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 4g Net Carbs
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 12:01 PM   #20  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Betcha you'll have a big loss after TOM and system adjusting, jw! Hang in there while your body changes shape and the scale won't move GF!

I usually boil cabbage (??) I like Linda's LC site as well as the Recipe Section here.

Also watch out for "sugar free" gums and candies/cold medicines - all have thrown me off b4.
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 05:59 PM   #21  

Jerseygyrl, thanks for the recipe. Thats just my speed.
Aud, I thought I remembered my mother boiling cabbage. Maybe corned beef and cabbage, I don't know, too many years ago.
Old 12-17-2006, 08:45 PM   #22  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I always have boiled or steamed cabbage, but I will try this baked cabbage. I love to try new things.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 05:22 AM   #23  

Thanks for the cabbage recipe. I thought it was very good. A nice change. I am sorry to say that I am still stuck at the same 255 after another 5 days. I did stop the coffeemate, processed foods, and started watching the cheese. Water is up. Im on vacation so I've been able to up my walking more. Its too early to see a difference in measuring since I started doing it differently.(Sucking it in). I'm not sure what's going on with me, but I am holding strong. I will admit, yesterday, for the first time, I almost lost it. There was chocolate candy everywhere!! From the babysitter, from school, Cub Scouts meeting, even the hairdresser was giving out bags of candy and homemade cookies! I was SO ANGRY at the people giving out the candy. Im not sure that was the correct thought process, but I don't care because that anger got me through and stayed on course. I was reading alot about carb cycling yesterday in my desperation, but talked myself out of it. I feel better this morning, not so desperate. Thanks for listening. I don't have anyone else around me who would understand.
Old 12-24-2006, 10:08 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 192/167.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Kim - Wow! Your like a walking Atkins Book! I wish I could keep all that in my head. As a matter of fact Iwas just going to the Atkins site to recheck something (yet again!)
Justwill - I am having the same problem. I am back on induction. I was just going to log onto Atkins to check the chesse limit for induction but kim has so kindly included that in a response to you!! (thanks Kim!)
I too weigh everyday now. I know a lot of people will tell you not to but I want to keep a close eye on what that scale says. I don't want to wait til the end of the week to find out it's going up instead of down or maybe I had a pretty good week and it was just that last day when it jumped up a pound or two. I find it helps. Big thing for me is WATER - must must must drink as much as I can. As far as measuring. I think that is as important as weighing however I only do it once a month. I had the same problem with the measuring tape but someone on this site recommended a "Curves" measuring tape. It's kind of like a traditional carpenters measing tape as where it retracts by itself. you just pull it out and our whatever area you are measuring and hook in the other end and it self tightens. it's great and you get accurate readings every time. I got mine from ebay for a few dollars. let me know if you need help finding one.
maggie
needtolose4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote