Old 12-16-2006, 03:45 PM   #61  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Tx for not giving me a PUI ticket last night Everyone! LOL to read my Posting Under the Influence here this afternoon! Yeppers . . . had just a liiiiitttttttle too much Happy Juice to celebrate W/I and Christmas Camraderie . . . DID stay Food OP - AND dance my butt off - but WOW what a hangover this morning!

DD is at the library right now to pick out some beginner Pilate tapes etc for us to try - she is into fitness only - both my DD's have no weight problem whatsoever Thank Goodness! So that should be fun tonight - its so surprisingly beautiful here today that first we're getting down to the Riverfront Trail for me to bike ride and Molly to rollerblade. My Lil One is at a Rollerskating B-day Party and then sleep-over - so it's Mom & Big Girl time. Pass the aspiring/sunglasses/Visine!!!

My DH's youngest son (18) had a baby with a 15 yr old & altho turning out well here a year and 1/2 later - still such insanity for Babies to have Babies. We've all rallied around to be supportive (DStepS has Primary Custody - which is a whole other story) - but can so relate to the bottle-propping - Blake's little head was almost bald on the back from just laying. It also broke my heart when I went out and got stuff for him to play with here at our house - "Entertainment Center" thingie to sit and play in - he just screamed and went stiff at the sight of it and wouldn't get in it. Later I found out it was prolly because he was just left in it too long at his Mom's - in front of the tv. Don't get me going on how BOTH smoke in his face - constant respiratory infections/ear aches . . . . . .

INHALE DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP BREATH

EXHALE WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH!

brendanerb - I just hate when I eat something OffP that I don't particularly like---Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ------------- like your packaged cinnamon roll - as a matter of fact - when I read that, I remembered eating the EXACT SAME roll one time!!! Now the Mall Cookies are a different story altogether - you CHOSE them and "SAVORED" them - totally acceptable in my book! I always throw the Top Bun out the window from any fast food - My DH calls me "The Coon Killer!"

Sherry I wish you'd come back and Post! We can get thru this together GF! I'm going to search the Recipe Section like I did at Txgiving and have things in to make treats just FOR ME! And if I go nuts - its gonna be wolfing down all those Atkinsy Treats.

Robin - you are such an inspiration to me! Tx for the support! Ditto lilyb - Tx for being here! Hope Molly has those pups soon -

Arkie K - I think you're GONNA be an inspiration to me - I just can't get your pics to load!!!!

I'll bbl . . .
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 08:07 PM   #62  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I braved leaving Molly alone long enough for us to get groceries. We needed sustenance for this puppy watch. She's still breathing very hard at times and has started spotting a little. Expect pups anytime, but then I've been expecting them for about 5 days. She just won't tell me. LOL.
School is out for vacation now, so DD is home and can help me. MIL is coming by tomorrow. I usually go nuts cleaning house perfect for her visits. But, not this time. I swept kitchen, did dishes and vacuumed and made living room, kitchen and main bathroom look nice. So, that is going to have to be good enough. These are the areas that I straighten up everyday anyway. If she opens any bedrooms, she'll get an eyeful, esp. the kid's rooms. LOL. I have more important agenda, such as getting my lazy butt back on the treadmill.
walmart was packed. Like to have never got a parking spot. Didn't make a list this time and forgot some of what I usually buy. Forgot my Crystal Lite that I love to drink.Still have to go to local grocery store tomorrow. I don't buy meat at Walmart. I don't like theirs at all. Our local grocer has great steaks and pork chops that I always buy.

aud, my step-daughter left the baby in his car seat so much he about had a bald spot too. She was furious when I mentioned it. This is 2 children for her and I hope she doesn't have anymore. It's more than she can handle. 2nd oldest step-daughter is pregnant now and I think she and her DH will be great parents. These two girls are as different as night and day. The one has it all together. Graduated RN school, got married and is anxious for first baby. The other, well all I can say is she has a warm heart and doesn't hold a grudge. But, her life has been a roller coaster for sure.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 08:19 PM   #63  
Going to ONEderland

I'm here Aud, I'm posting. Not on track, but here and posting.

I had some bad news a few minutes ago. A lady I know has passed away rather suddenly. She was a sweet warm wonderful woman and it has affected me more than I expected it to. She went in for open heart surgery the other day to repair a tear in her heart muscle that I guess she has had for many years. Now quite suddenly she's gone. Her husband and she were such a delightful and hospitable couple. I'm worried about him and grieving for her. A lot of people will be.

My daughter has never experienced the death of anyone she knows and it is affecting her more than I would expect as well. Both of us aren't sure how to feel right now. We find comfort in the Bible and the hope outlined there, but it is still a shock.

Dietwise? Right now who cares? Everything seems rather trivial right now including that.
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 09:27 PM   #64  

Sherry - I'm so sorry for your loss. My heart and prayers go out to you and those that were close to her.

Just a quick flyby as I've got lots of stuff going on - 'Tis the season, huh? And then on top of everything our heater decided to just blow cold air all day! My Superman(!) came to take a look at it and the thermastat and couldn't see anything obviously wrong with it so I called the landlord and left a message. Wonder if he will be able (willing?) to get someone to come out on a Sunday and fix it.

I'm doing my annual christmas cookie baking (I KNOW!) - About 10 years ago my family decided that I bake our traditional family cookie recipes better than anyone else and I've had the job ever since. I've used Brenda's trick and have been picking on a roast chicken instead of cookie dough. It works!

Have a great evening all - stay warm!

Original Kel
Ms Spotdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 10:44 AM   #65  
lilybelle

Sherry , I'm also so sorry for the loss. I know how difficult it has been going through a loss with my DD and helping her to cope. I hope your DD is doing OK.

I walked again on treadmill last night. Glad I'm back to exercising.

Was up almost all night with Molly moaning and whining every couple minutes. Still no puppies. She is now refusing to come inside which is totally strange as she is a house dog. She is cowering when I try to pet her and comfort her. I think it's because she's in pain. It breaks my heart to see her hurting and this is definitely her last litter. She only had one previous litter and we didn't go through all this last time.

I bought groceries and even though I hadn't planned on it, I got the stuff to bake cookies. Now,, to see how long I can go without baking them.
Old 12-17-2006, 10:56 AM   #66  
Going to ONEderland

Lilybelle, perhaps you should take her to the vet? We had a dog that went into labor but was unable to deliver the puppys without a vet's help. She was a little fox terrier (looked a bit like Benji), and had been impregnated by a Boston terrier. Boston Terriers have big heads (They are the little black and white dogs with ugly bull dog type faces). She went into labor but couldn't deliver. My sister and I were home with her and my mom was gone. When my mom got home she recognized that the dog was having trouble and took her to the vet. The vet said that often Boston Terrier puppies need to be assisted into the world because of their big heads.

Your dog may have something similar going on?
Old 12-17-2006, 11:15 AM   #67  
lilybelle

Sherry, my BIL is a vet. He came by this morning and checked her. Said she is OK but cervix isn't dilated yet and for me to keep watching her. He has been a vet 20 yrs. and I trust him. There is definitely a pup pushing against the cervix and it shouldn't be long now. Anyway, he went to church and is going to check back with me after church. But thanks. I had considered taking her to the emergency animal clinic, but since BIL is helping felt that I would heed his advice.
Old 12-17-2006, 11:51 AM   #68  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

awww, sherry - that sucks. You & yours are in my prayers. I was born so late in my parents life that I think as I grew up I kind of hardened myself to death/accepted loss--as one by one most all of the relatives/family friends passed. My DD was recently floored by a similar loss and I had to take a step back after realizing she'd never experienced loss such as this. Hang in there!

QuickNote: Molly is experiencing the same thing I did in delivery, lilyb!!! Darned ole cervix!!!

Hope you're staying warm Ms.SpottyD - thermostat fixed OR Superman close by!

It's unseasonably warm here and I'm getting an earlier start to get out there today - my hangover prevented much activity to late in the day yesterday---altho' I did manage 12 blocks.

I also planned some Holiday Treats for me-- from the Recipe Section here and got the ingredients in:

*Rob's Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies pg 4

*Orgasm in a Bowl--couldn't resist! LOL!

*Pumpkin Pudding
*Pie Crust - both pg 3 - gonna combine

*Funeral Fauxtatoes

Ought to get me thru the Holidays/lay off - I don't return to work til something like 1/17 so need to get my pantry prepared - don't want to fall back to UNconcious eating and also don't want to feel "deprived" when I make all the Holiday Goodies for the Family.

Noticed that with most of these recipes, I could tweak them to be a lot lower in carbs!

Has anyone made any of these? Any other ez faves?
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 08:42 PM   #69  
lilybelle

Molly update. She was breathing so hard that I got very worried about her. Took her to Emergency vet clinic while BIL was at church. Vet was worried that pups might be in distress. So , did an Ultrasound and they are all OK. Put her on some calcium tablets and I brought her home. He said the haggared breathing will continue until she delivers. Her cervix isn't dilated and he thinks it may be up to 48 hrs. before she delivers. Pups are big and healthy and I was told "at least 14 of them". No wonder she is in such misery. Her temperature is normal and she showed no signs of infection, which I was getting worried about. At this time, the vet doesn't think she needs to have a C-section, which I'm thankful for. BTW, she weighed 120 lbs. , which is really big compared to her usual 85-90 lbs.

aud, I'm going to look up those peanut butter chocolate cookies, sounds yummy.
Old 12-18-2006, 07:35 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 208/199/128

Still working on "catching up" on the posts. I've had a horrible weekend, starting Thursday. Pizza party, christmas party, brunch...eeeek! I just keep repeating to myself "but you've lost 9 pounds!!!" I am determined to get back on the wagon today. I will trying and catch up on my reading also!
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 10:01 AM   #71  
Going to ONEderland

Default 2 weeks

There are two weeks left in this year. I have decided that I definitely want to end this year on a low note (low weight anyway). So for me it will be induction this week, and 30 minutes of exercise (aerobics) every day until the end of the year.