Old 11-08-2006, 05:34 PM   #31  
Walk/Low Carb Away Pounds

S/C/G: 190/178.8/170

Height: 5'3-1/2"

Ok guys - Like I told Marge yesterday, I should be back on program by Friday, but it looks like I will be back on program tomorrow. Today was supposed to be grapes day, but I didn't make it that far. I miss my protein too much and broke down an ate a low carb fudge bar, a piece of chicken and a bunless burger today. My scale this morning is at 176, and the ketosticks show I am still losing. So I am as of this moment going back to Atkins. If the fruits did not cause me to gain over the last two and a half days, they should not cause me to gain on Atkins either so I am not going to be afraid of eating them while I am on OWL. Since I am still in ketosis, I don't think I am going to return to induction, but I will let you know later.

Marge - cottage cheese and toast? What diet is that? Yuk. New Beverly Hills was pineapples, corn on the cob, strawberries, prunes, grapes, and potatoes. In a few more days i would have had steak and shrimp, but my heart just isn't in the program. I don't consider my changing a slip up though. Trying different foods is how you learn what you can and can't lose weight on. What agrees with you and what doesn't. I know several people that did atkins 5/7ths of the time and still lost a tremendous amount of weight. I personally think that all of your nevers are my rarelys - like maybe once a month or every other month as long as it doesn't make you gain. And isn't it a positive that we are still here and trying? I gave up for 2 months in the summer and didn't even come to the support board, but now we are here and talking.

Sherry - I used low carb chocolate to make some hot chocolate and it sent me up a pound the next day too. It must be high in sodium. Congratulations on the 9 pounds though.

Lilybelle - Your posts are a motivation to me, and I think it is wonderful that you still use the board for support and to support us. Most of the people that were here when I came reached their goals and left us, so thank you for sticking around. It is my sincere hope that I can be a motivation to someone one day as you are to me.
MsChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 06:22 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 192/167.5/145

Height: 5'5"

MsChris - Glad your back. It's true that now you know some fruit wont hurt you! Thats good news! In the summer I did berries once in a while. didn't effect me. I wouldn't consider that cheating either. I know that at some point we can incorporate those things into our diet. I have just not come to that point yet!!(wondering if I ever will!)
You have made a lot of good points! I do see things differently now! Thanks. I guess I'm just at the end of my rope! I love the fact that lillybelle is still around and it means a lot to me. I think she knows that! at least Ihopeshe does! I kind of think of her as the mother hen! because chances are whatever we are going through, she has been there!
needtolose4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 08:05 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 264/253.5/140

Hi All,

Well, I completed Induction on Monday, Nov 6, 2006. My eating has been pretty good so far. I am not looking forward to Thanksgiving though. I will definitely be using the Atkins cookbook for a low-carb dessert.
lrgnlvly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 10:21 PM   #34  
Going to ONEderland

So Lilybelle, you were on induction for 6 months? Did your hair fall out? A friend of mine was on induction for a very long time lost rapidly, but had a period of time when she lost a bunch of hair due to the diet or the rapid weight loss or something.

After induction what level of carbs did you go to? When you talk about eating fruit, are you talking berries? or something more high in sugar?

Did you keep checking for ketosis? and were you in ketosis the whole time? Sorry for so many questions. I just keep on hoping that one of these days I will find the motivation to go back to my under 200 pounds body. Maybe even to my 130 pound body, although I have a really hard time ever believing I'll see that number again. Not sure I would look good at that weight and at this age anyway. But I'd like to try it once to see!

I think people like you are completely inspiriing. I'd love to hear more. All you can tell us.
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 11:30 PM   #35  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

You gals are so sweet and I'm glad you don't mind that I still post. I still need all of you very much to maintain my weight and give me that Kick in the Butt when I mess up. I am POP now since Sunday, with exercise every day. Yeah. Tonite, I actually jogged some of my mile.
Sherry, when I said I was on induction for 6 months, I stayed at 20 carbs or less for that long. On days I had much fruit, I'd eat almost all protein the rest of the day to keep my carbs in range. I ate a lot of watermelon, cantalope, pineapple, strawberries. Occasionally bananas, oranges or apples. My body seemed to really crave fruit. When I increased my carbs, it was to 25. I still try to stick at 25 or fewer every day. (To clarify, my induction period was at 20 carbs only, but not just the list of induction foods, if that makes sense).

I never had my hair to fall out any more than it already was from the steroid (prednisone) that I take. I don't mind the questions at all. Ask away. I hope that I can help. The only way I could ever tell that I was in Ketosis, was my breath would get stinky. I never used the Ketosis strips. They aren't available here in Podunk USA where I'm at. LOL

Irgnlvly, I have a recipe for LC fudge that I am making at Thanksgiving. I will let you all know how it turns out. If it's good, I'll post the recipe. I got it from Light and Tasty magazine.

Ms. Chris, it's great to see you posting again. I'm glad you found that fruit didn't cause you to gain either. It didn't me.

NTL, you're so sweet. I'd miss seeing you if I didn't come here. Plus, you keep me in line with the exercise too.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 11:14 AM   #36  

Lily, I lasted less then a week on Atkins......sorry. I just can't handle splenda, can't have calcium, and not a big meat eater. I even bought the book. That's ok. I haven't been feeling too well ever since then. My dh just got a new blood machine for the vet office so he can test my blood. Should do that soon to see if the calcium and creatinine are creeping up.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 12:46 PM   #37  
lilybelle

carol, no need to apologize. Do whatever is best for YOU. Sorry you haven't been feeling well.

I weighed this morning and am down 1 of the 2 lbs. that I had gained. So, my ticker is once again correct. Yeah. Today is DH's payday and I know he'll want to eat out. So, I'm making him take me to TGIF's so I can choose from the LC section that they have. I am determined, absolutely no cheats for me. I feel like I'm back in the Zone now. 5 days in a row on the treadmill. Yeah!

My DD decided to run on treadmill last night. She wasn't holding on and got hurled off it. She scraped her knees up pretty bad. She's OK now. I tell her to hold on if she runs, but she doesn't listen, she's a teenager. LOL
Old 11-09-2006, 12:52 PM   #38  
beachbum

I had my colonoscopy yesterday morning I was very droggy all day.Slept most of the time and on Tuesday I was in the bathroom every 15 mins.so I didn't dare left the immediate area. The test went well,Pipes are clean as a whistle.Don't have to go back for another 5 years[colon cancer run in my family]other wise it would be every 10.Sad thing I didn't lose the 5 lbs expected I lost 2 instead.

Kel-Maybe you're right,The only reason I said that I 'd wear sweats,is that its going to be very cold leaving for the airport at 4 in the morning.Wearing a shorts set under the sweats I could take off when in California. I don't a a great figure,I'm up again can't get below 150,as of this morning I'm 153.

Lily-You are my inspiration on the WOE.I love the plan and I'm getting used to the ok food list and the avoid list. My doctor stayed on the induction plan for 5 months,along the same method as your keeping the carbs low at 20-25.Now that I lost 2 lbs not eating for the colonoscopy test. I'm going back on 20-25 count.

Have to go,will post later,

hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 01:23 PM   #39  
lilybelle

BB, I am glad to hear that your test went well. That is good news. Congrat's on the 2 lb. loss. That is great. I love this woe too. It works for me. I did have a stumble or two along the way. But, I got up, so that is what counts for the long haul. I can't be perfect, but I can be Da@@ good. LOL
Old 11-10-2006, 12:43 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 232/232/135

Height: 5'6"

Hello all,
I will be starting induction tomorrow. I wanted to wait until Monday, but couldn't really think of a good reason why lol. So tomorrow it is.
You all are doing well. I think this is really going to be the woe for me. The low fat, non fat, foods don't satisfy me at all, and I always fail.
NurseBrenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 01:24 AM   #41  
lilybelle

Welcome Brenda, I'm glad that you joined us. WTG on going ahead and getting started tomorrow. This is a great site. Feel free to ask questions that you have and someone will probably know the answer. Best wishes for your wt. loss success.
Old 11-10-2006, 04:36 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 247.6/236.0/135

Height: 5 ft 3 inches

Default More positive me!

Has again been rough - my husband got injured (had welding tanks fall on him), we ended up in ER where we sat for hours - and got very very hungry. We ended up going to eat buffet after - and I did not eat LC - I ate like a little pig. Waddled out. Haven't done that in awhile! He will be ok, has to have 2 days rest.

Lilly - thanks for the support. They had called wanting me to work extra this week - last night in fact - well I was up there - but in the ER with DH. Anyway, I said no. Would have been 5 12 hr shifts in a row for me. Too much. Am rehashing my priorities and goals, may end up changing a lot career wise to meet my own goals. Planning to go back to school for BSN soon.

Nursebrenda - welcome, we've got a few nurses around here! Good luck.

As for me, must find new strength and new resolve and get back on track in so many ways - diet is just one. I know I can do it - just got to do it!
Arkansas Kel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 09:14 AM   #43  
Baby Steps

My quest to give up soda is going well....but my quest to stay OP isn't doing as well. Made some trail mix for the kids lunches....and promptly ate a bowl of it. UGH! Well, today's another day. I'm feeling more in control though, so I'm hoping that's just a stepping stone that felt a little loose. Busy the past couple days and I apologize for not doing personals! I'm hoping things settle down soon..but with gun hunting coming up I don't think it will. We'll see though.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 10:34 AM   #44  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

The suns out and I going to take a walk along the beach. Leo is just going for the ride.He hasn't felt well these last couple of weeks.I hope he ok for the cruise in 2 1/2 weeks.

I'm going out to sing with my singing group again for another nursing home. This time its not as far away as the first.It just around town,and they have lots of parking areas.

Thank you ladies for all you well wishes.

Have to go,will post later when I get back from the nursing home.

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 12:58 PM   #45  
lilybelle

Kell, glad to hear your husband is OK, that must have been very scary.
Isn't it funny how most nurses get caller ID to get their workplace to not be able to reach them on their days off? I always had to. For yrs. I would answer the calls and go in. Eventually I learned to say no, but not without feeling guilty about it. I have my BSN and have considered taking courses to become a Certified legal nurse consultant. I have always been interested in this. Lately my health has been poor (for almost 4 yrs.) and I stay home now. My DH doesn't want me to work anymore. I am much healthier since losing the weight and getting at least the hypertension and diabetes and shortness of breath under control. I don't really think I could work an 8 hr. day. I still require frequent naps and often have a lot of pain and rash due to my liver disease. Oh well, staying home suits me pretty well, I just get bored.

We ate at Golden Corral buffet last night. I had the steak, a little bit of brocolli (didn't care for it), some cottage cheese and sugar-free jello. It was satisfying to me. I do OK usually at a buffet. Sorry, you had a rough time with the buffet. I did that once too and got through it and so can you.

I have been doing great this week with both food and exercise. I'm trying to keep POP until Thanksgiving day. Wish me luck.

Brenda, glad to see you're doing good with giving up soda. I rarely ever drink it, I'm a coffee addict now.

BB, I hope Leo gets to feeling better. Enjoy your walk.

I bought the Thin for Life book last night. I'm on chapter 4. Not one of the maintainers in the book lost their weight and kept it off with Atkins. Hmmmmmmm, I'm gonna prove that it can be done. It does admit that LC is the quickest way to lose weight. I could have told them that. LOL.