Old 09-01-2006, 12:11 PM   #16  

Lily, There is a breathing exercise routine called Bodyflex that you can do sitting down. You might be able to do that. I could lend you my dvd if you wanted to try it. With my lung problems, it always makes me feel better.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 01:49 PM   #17  

Hello all. I have been MIA for a couple weeks and fell off the wagon so to speak. But I am back on and my youngest just had his first day of school this morning so I have been out at the pool. I swam 1/2 mile!!!! I did part of this with a kick board and by the time I got out my legs felt like jello. I was walking to the locker room and I felt like I was going to fall at any time. It was awesome. Good luck to everyone. Have a great long weekend.
Annie
annieway2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 02:04 PM   #18  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Annie, WTG on the swimming.
Brenda, thanks for the vote of confidence. WTG on that 2lb. loss.
I saw my orthopedic Dr. this AM and have a nerve study scheduled for next Friday. He thinks maybe a nerve is "trapped". I have been warned that this test is painful. Oh, joy, joy.
Good news is that I am journaling my food again and am back on program. I am going to get serious again and watch my carbs. It is so hard to maintain with no exercise being done. He wants me to stay off this foot now until after the nerve study. I can barely hobble anyway, so no big change there. I skipped my breakfast due to my early morning Dr. appt. , but stopped and had grilled chicken, salad and green beans for lunch. I am being conscious to drink a lot of water.
I don't know what hit me with those darn cookies. I had also bought all the stuff to make LC fudge, but after seeing how poor of control I had with the cookies, I'm not going to make that fudge. I had gotten the recipe from a Light and Tasty magazine and it showed 7 carbs per 1 inch square. If I wasn't such a OINKER, I'd have tried it. But, knowing me I'd eat the whole darn pan. I think going pretty much a year without sweets made me go nuts when I finally got some. Oh well, it's over, and I know I can and will do better now. Just had to get it out of my system.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 03:00 PM   #19  
Baby Steps

carol:

Annie: WTG on the exercise!

Lily: Just look at it this way....you at least ate LC stuff and didn't pig out on junk food. So that's an accomplishment

So far so good. But only 16 oz of water so far. Time to go drink some more and try and make up for it!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 10:14 PM   #20  
lilybelle

Thanks Brenda, glad you reminded me about the water. I am going now to fix me some more.
Old 09-03-2006, 08:52 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 192/167.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Hi all!
Gee I didn't realize so many days went by without me posting. I really have to work on this!
Mschris. Thanks so much. No I don't have any local support. In fact I have a MOther who tells me I"m crazy everytime I talk to her about doing Atkins! (between you and me, thats a motivator in itself!!) Ijust love to prove her wrong.
Seriuosly though, I have received SO much help here on this site. THe thing is to long on everday. SOmetimes twice a day. Post when your feeling like cheating or any negative thought. You get a response usually pretty quick and that helps to pick me up again. Plus I keep looking at all the success stories too.

RobinW- That whole sugar thing is the pits! I never thought of myself as being addicted but when I was on vacation last month and decided to "treat" myself to some churros since I really havent' cheated since starting atkins, THat pu tme on a whirlwind! Even having a piece of fruit seemed to trigger something to make me want more and more> I was so dissapointed in myself. When I got home I started fresh and it has not been easy warding off these temptations that I haven't had in months! plus my weight is laying tricks on me. I came home the same weight and then the first week back lost 5 pounds and now this week put back 2 again. Which in turn makes me want to cheat again. So I know it's not easy. It makes me very sad to face the fact that I probably CAN't EVER have just one churro (or whatever the case may be) And I need to cut sugar out for good. Yea I know it's easy for me to say keep your eye on the prize but then what? what happens when your each the prize? That's what worries me!

Lillybelle, you hang in ther! Don't forget that you are my inspitration! I look forward to reading how you are doing here. We need more people like you with postive stories and results!

Annie - welcome back. My youngest just started full day this year so now I am home alone! this is good and bad. I find myself walking around and lurking around the fridge to often. I must keep busy! eating out of boredom was a big thing for me.

Hi to everone else! I gotta run

Brenda - sounds like your getting better with the water! yippee!

Maggie
needtolose4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 10:27 AM   #22  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning

Its been raining here for 2 straight days One of my sunflower plants gave up from the weight of the water, and bent in half. Roof doesnt seem to be leaking...so thats a good thing

Quote:
what happens when your each the prize? That's what worries me!
me too....I have to quit sabotaging myself!

Dh and I are off to starbucks for our sunday paper and coffee time....have a great day ladies.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 12:47 PM   #23  
lilybelle

Hi everyone. My cravings for sugar are gone now and I'm back on program. Still in goal weight range, so happy with this. My DD started school last week and it's so boring around here. I play party poker a lot, not much else to do. My DH is off work this weekend and is gone to play golf with my son. We do plan to go fishing tomorrow. I went and bought some fruit yesterday, that seems to help my cravings and not add the lbs. like other sweets do. I actually made my DH fried potatoes last night for the first time in a year. He about fainted. He loves them and I didn't eat a bite of them, I stuck to my meat and salad. I think with all this time on my hands now, that I will start writing more on my book that I started several months back.
Maggie, I know what you mean about proving others wrong about Atkins. My sister has dogged me about this woe since the start. Oh well, she out-weighs me by at least 40 lbs. now, so I proved her wrong.
Thanks for saying I'm an inspiration. Some days I sure don't feel like it. I still struggle with it everyday. I was always an over-eater and those habits are hard to break. It is strange that some days I just don't feel hungry and other days I could eat non-stop. Today feels like a good day.
Old 09-03-2006, 08:01 PM   #24  

Lily, It seems what you do is not strict Atkins with the fruit, etc. But whatever you do it REALLY works!!!
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 09:56 PM   #25  
Lovin' Life

Carol, when you start adding carbs to your diet, you can add fruit. Yup its atkins friendly, just the continued weightloss and maintenance section. Learning to live this way, is something I am having trouble with. I think if I could manage the way Lilly has, Id make my goal, and manage to stay there.
Old 09-04-2006, 09:47 AM   #26  
Lovin' Life

Good Morning

It quit raining!! I have many sunflowers that didnt make it thru all the rain I'll go cut them today and bring them in the house to enjoy.

Well I broke down yesterday and bought a toaster oven. Linen n Things had them on sale this weekend plus my 20% off coupon (dontcha just love bargains) So now I can have my breadless tuna melts and what not without using the beast of an oven that I absolutely hate.

Eating is going good so far, I jumped on the scale this morning, and it did a big dip downwards. Im always amazed what no sugar and no wheat does to me and my scale.

Thats about it for now....have a great day ladies.
Old 09-04-2006, 09:57 AM   #27  
Baby Steps

Ugh. I feel like that Britney Spears song "oops I did it again"!!! GRR. Well, back to the program and water Good news is I traipsed through the woods yesterday so got some exercise (and a blister from the rubber boots. lol) in.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 10:24 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 215/209/135

Default Induction Day 2

Well I had a half of a Atkins shake for breakfast and a handful of pork rinds. I'm not hungry at all but I guess my mind is already starting to try to sabotage my diet. It's funny though I haven't really had any cravings for bread but sweets are another thing. I guess I need to find something I can have on Induction. I will go back through the book and see what I can find.

I bought some of the Atkins bars but I'm sorry they are horrible. Oh well, I'm going to stick with it though. I'm determined not to cheat!I need to buy a good scale because mine had me at 211 on Sat. and 205 this morning and 208 after breakfast. Do any of you guys recommend a good scale that doesn't cost a fortune!!

Thanks

Tamika

A for every cheat free day on induction!!

tamikathomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 08:04 PM   #29  
lilybelle

Hi everyone. I happy to inform everyone that my MIL and Aunt that started Atkins 4 weeks ago have now lost 16 and 16.5 lbs. They are absolutely thrilled. It is fun to hear their excitement.
Carol, I started strict Atkins and added fruits and whole grains as I went along. As I saw that it didn't hurt my weight loss, I continued them. I do limit my Oats to twice weekly as they tend to make my carb count a little too high. Same with Yams, only once every couple weeks for them. Basically I try to stick to 25-30 carbs usually. I eat eggs most every morning with breakfast meat. Tuna salad, chicken salad or chef salad for lunch. Grilled meat, steamed green veggie and dinner salad for dinner. A piece of fruit for snack. If I didn't eat the fruit , I'd only be getting about 10 carbs a day which is not near enough. Even whole grain LC bread is rare for me, since the rest of my family doesn't like it and it goes to waste before I can eat it. I eat maybe 2 slices of this bread per 2 weeks. I occasionally have LC whole wheat tortillas with grilled steak or chicken with cheese on it. On these days I make sure my total carb count was low enough to afford the 4carbs for each tortilla. It is still a guessing game for me what my ACE really is, I think it's about 45. I'm not really losing more or gaining now.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:11 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 192/167.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Tamika

Just wanted to let you know that the consensus here is that the Atkins bars are actually detrimental to weightloss. Ifor one have first hand knowledge of this. The way they figure the carbs on that stuff (perhaps including the drinks) is not completely true. Everyone I know who has used them (especially during induction) have had not so great results.
you have to stick to the food list only for 2 weeks and then try and see if you can incorporate a shake or bar in once in a while. You willhave greater results (most likely) Good luck and keep us posted
maggie
needtolose4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote