Old 08-15-2006, 01:20 PM   #16  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

IP, great job on the 2lbs. I discovered that the closer I got to goal, that I not only had to keep the carbs low but the fat low as well to lose those last 10 lbs. or so. I am glad that you are finding what works for you. I miss cereal too.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 01:52 PM   #17  

Hi, this is my first posting to this board. I was on Atkins a few years ago and I honestly lost a little bit over 40 #'s. And then Early Menopause hit and I regained about 15 of it seemingly overnight, this really bites; so I am restarting my Atkins diet. The only problem I am having is was it 15 or 20 carbs a day for the induction phase?

Thank you,
Brenda
Blporter168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 03:05 PM   #18  
lilybelle

Welcome Brenda. It is 20 carbs on induction. Good luck and wishing you the best of success. Feel free to join us anytime in our discussions here.
Old 08-15-2006, 03:17 PM   #19  
Under construction

Height: 5'3"

Ooof...just letting y'all know the fat fast was a big ol' bust for me. I feel sooo sick to my stomach after every "meal"; it's just too rich. Back to plain ol' Induction for me!
tipsygypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 07:17 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 186/180/120

Height: 5'4"

tipsygypsy, what meds do you take for lupus? I'm on methotrexate for RA and if I eat low carb, I feel really sick but I gain weight BADLY if I eat carbs! My PA suggests eating high carbs the day of meds but then I feel brain thick for a day or two and gain a couple pounds. I spend the rest of the week trying to get them off! A few years ago I'd lost over 50 pounds on low carb and felt great, then this all hit. I've gained it all back with prednisone and lack of exercise. I'm walking every day now and not on prednisone anymore. How do you do it? I'm very impressed with your weight loss and with having lupus too. Any tips you can give me is GREATLY appreciated!
Idrial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 08:12 PM   #21  
Under construction

Hi Idrial,

I'm on Plaquenil. I'm so sorry you're having a problem with eating low-carb! I actually feel better eating that way; it's just the "fat fast" that was giving me trouble with nausea.

As far as exercise goes, I don't get as much as I probably should. But on days when the pain and fatigue are particularly bad, I just try to eat fewer calories because I know I won't be doing as much to burn them off. I'm sorry I can't be of more help.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:31 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 186/180/120

Height: 5'4"

thank you for the reply. I"m wondering if I stick it out for a few weeks if my body would adjust and on med day if I wouldn't get as sick. I feel so crummy on higher carbs, bloated, brain fog, headachy. I feel out of control right now and need to get a focus and get my disease back under control. I'm having anxiety and ocd problems too and I think diet plays a great part in that. As I'm typing and thinking here, I'm thinking maybe a lower carb but not low carb might be best for me. Weight loss will be slower but maybe my body would adjust better....I know I'm talking in circles but that's the way my world has been lately! I'm tired of the same scenery
Idrial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 11:24 PM   #23  
Under construction

Ugh! WHY do I give in to stress eating?!

I'm not going to count it as a "cheat" because it was still low-carb and I don't think I went very high on calories today (it's a bad lupus day, so I knew I wasn't likely to exercise...sigh). But still--I was NOT hungry, and I knew I wasn't hungry. So why did I snack just because I was upset? I hate that!!!

You watch, the scale will be up tomorrow. I'll just bet.
Old 08-16-2006, 09:23 AM   #24  
Baby Steps

Dang it seems like I haven't posted here in ages. Monday registered youngest DD at the Middle School and oldest DD at the High School. First year at each FOR each. So of course we had the temper meltdowns. UGH! I've been OP but still no sign of water or exercise. Just can't seem to get into that mode. Still in the range of 155 and am ok with that for now. Would LOVE to be lower but I'll work on the being OP first. Not sure why I can't do all 3 at once like the 1st time around. Anyway, hi everyone!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 09:45 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 205/166.2/150

Height: 5'3

Hey everybody

It's been a while...I've missed everyone..But it's my own fault.
I'm still trying to catch up around here....The house is always a never ending story. LOL... School has started and my 13 yo DD is back in, But matt is still waiting to see his DR. for his post op. app. It's tomorrow. He is doing GREAT..I'm sure the DR. will release him to go back to school..
For some reason i don't clean like i should when someone is home...Sooooo i got a lot of detail cleaning, catching up to do..

I have been on and off plan (mostly off) since matt went in for his brain surgery.. I'm back up to 150..Today i'm 148 again. Not to bad... but loseing the same pounds over and over again is getting old...Its time i do something about it....I need a good swift kick girls I need to beat it in my head that this ain't gonna work...
Sooooo let me have it....I need it, LOL

I hope everyone is doing good...
lillybelle, i hope your foot gets better soon...
Since the kids will be back in school, i will get my computer back and get on more....So here goes starting today (Again) for a healther and fitter me......
to all the newbes i've missed out on....
Long Post... See i told you i missed you guys....
...Candy
Candy In Alabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 01:43 PM   #26  
lilybelle

Idrial, sorry you are having such a rough time. It is good that you were able to get off the prednisone. I have been on it for 3 1/2 yrs. and gained about 50 lbs. in that time. Starting Atkins is the only program that ever helped me lower my weight while on this evil medicine. I still am on it, but not as high of dosage. I hope you feel better soon.
Tipsy, I stress eat too and beat myself up over it. At least you stayed low-carb so that in itself is a victory in this battle. I hope your lupus flare-up is better soon. Cheer up, you are doing awesome.
Brenda, it's great to see you posting again. My DD started high school on Monday. She already had Algebra homework last night. So far, she is liking school this year. That usually doesn't last long. She is complaining of a lot of right upper quadrant abdominal pain especially after eating anything fatty. I am afraid she may have Gallbladder problems. I will probably be taking her to a doctor very soon if it continues.
Candy, it's great to see you back. I am so glad your son is doing well. Your weight is doing fantastic for all you have been through lately. It's good to have you back.

Good news. My MIL and Aunt that both heeded my advice and started Atkins 3 weeks ago are loving it. They have lost 11 and 13.5 lbs. and are happy as larks. They are really sticking to it and I am proud of both of them. They are great support for each other. Their houses are next door to each other and they have all their meals together. Their biggest motivator was the family wedding that we had last month, they saw the pictures from it and were shocked into trying to lose weight. They are hanging their before pic's on the fridge. Whatever it takes, I am proud that they are trying to get healthier.
Old 08-16-2006, 02:05 PM   #27  

Deleted

Last edited by annieway2lose; 04-17-2017 at 06:31 PM.
annieway2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 02:45 PM   #28  

Where is everyone today? Happy Tuesday is now Happy Wednesday!

I ate half of a personal pan pizza for lunch...help me, I need some support!
Idealperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 02:58 PM   #29  
Under construction

Eeek! Pizza!

The best thing, as you know, is to get right back on track! Don't succumb to the "Oh, I blew it so I may as well eat today" thinking.

You messed up; it happens. But a) You didn't eat a WHOLE personal pan pizza, and b) This is one blip on the radar screen, NOT a permanent failure. *hugs*
Old 08-16-2006, 03:43 PM   #30  

Thanks Tipsy...I was just thinking..."I've already blown it...etc... and was thinking about the oatmeal cookies in the break room...you have saved me!

Whew...that was close! I'm gonna drink lots of water and get back on track for supper tonight!
Idealperson is offline   Reply With Quote