Old 07-24-2006, 10:44 AM   #1  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Default Weekly Chat 7/24-7/30

Good Morning Ladies!

How did you do this weekend?

Well, it was weird, but my eating was good, but no exercise. Usually it's the other way around...so I guess at least I didn't do the same old bad routine....now if I can get it completely right. Why is this so hard? Any advice would be great.

Everyone have a great week! Only 7 days left to July...where does the time go?
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 01:04 PM   #2  
Taking It Off For Good!!!

S/C/G: 164/149/130

ok. So I feel of the wagon for two weeks. NO exercising
But my eating was ok. Not great but not completely stuff my mouth with anything any time I want.
But I'm back!!

I went for a two mile walk Sunday. And I have my gym clothes with me so I can head there after work!!

Hope everyone is doing well and look forward to reading all the posts I've missed!!
Slimming Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 04:44 PM   #3  

My advice for you spillthebeans is even on the weekend the first thing you do in the morning is workout. When you work out in the morning you are motivated to eat healthy all day, otherwise it feels like you worked out for nothing. I find that when I don't work out in the morning I say to myself "well i'm gonna gain weight anyways so might as well stuff my face." That's at least how I rationalize it in my head.

Slimmingdown, if u get off the wagon which i've done many many (did i say many?) times do not worry. the next morning is a new day and time to start being healthy.
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 05:12 PM   #4  
Living the Laguna life...

Hi guys
I really tried this weekend to eat well...I didn't count my calories, but I tried not to stuff myself and just eat sensibly all weekend. I did a pretty good job, but I still weighed in this morning at 143.2. I was so excited to be down to 140 last week, and I feel like all my hard work is just down the drain! I have been kind of stuck at 144 for the past month (until last week), so I guess 143 isn't that bad. But still....
I am going to try hard this week to lose a pound and be down to 142 next weight in. Unfortunately, I've come down with a bit of a cold so I'm not going to be able to workout that much. How did everyone else do this weekend? Happy Monday!
miss michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 06:06 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 255/234/155

Height: 5'8

I didn't really lose anything this weekend,but I have only been on my diet for 2 weeks and I am happy with my results so far.
TiffyTaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 08:16 PM   #6  
Life's Short, Paint Naked

S/C/G: 226/tkr/150

Height: 5'4

I was hit with a sudden migraine yesterday at a party and pretty much spent the night yakking. So I lost a pound, ROFL. I wouldn't recommend it. I'm pretty sure I gained it right back taday. I went to take Dade to swimming lessons and they had closed the pool and cancelled the lesson. It sucked because it was 35 minutes away. He was sad because we were going to have "a date" (we don't go anywhere without the baby anymore) so I took him for ice cream since it was the only thing I could think of that we could do in town while in our bathing suits, LOL.
NakedHousewife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 08:35 PM   #7  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Repost in the correct thread...

Good Morning Ladies!

Worked alllll weekend. Actually until about 1:30 am last night even. Now I am up bright at early working my at home job. Gotta make those ends meet. I will probably take a nap later this afternoon when things slow down. I am getting too old for this hehe.

Had a great weekend. Friday night got a ton of exercise in and although I did take Saturday off Sunday I kicked it into high gear. 160 minutes! I may actually hit my exercise goal after all.

How was your weekend?

sushi - How much would I love a vacation right now, but I would also love being out of this ditch money wise so no vacationing for me. Glad you enjoyed yours though!

daisy - you work that gym girl! See what happens when you give a determined girl the right tools. I knew you would

spill - I often feel like I just cannot be an angel in all areas. The good news is you can lose weight from just eating right so you are still on track just need to add the workout back into the mix.

slimming down - Hope you had a good workout at the gym. Welcome back!

cookie - That is a good point about working out in the morning. God I wish I could bring myself to Just Do It.

michelle - Colds suck...I know what it feels like to be plateaued for so long, then lose only to gain it back. I was at 127 for like 4 months now...got to 126 last week and with todays weigh in 1272 is rearing its ugly head again

tiffytaffy - Welcome to the forum don't think I have seen you before.

Candice - Yakking is never fun, losing a lb is but your right it will probably be back. Glad you are feeling better though.
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 10:41 PM   #8  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Hey girls!! Just wanted to stop in and say hey before I go to bed. I was at the beach this weekend. Fun, but not the best I've done foodwise. I feel good to be back in a "safe" place where I`m familiar with the food and the scheduling and the working out. The rest of this week is going to be crazy though.. I'm moving on friday just when work is starting to get busy. I will be cleaning, packing, and cleaning some more. Which HOPEFULLY will burn some extra calories!

Hope everyone has a good start to their week!!
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 01:57 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 260/252.5/160

Okay, so this weekend was a killer. I work as a dishwasher at my University. We hold wedding receptions in the various huge rooms throughout this one building. It's common knowledge that after all the plates are made up for the wedding party, we the workers get the left-over plates and/or get to make our own plates from the various items available.

This wedding was HUGE ... 400 guests.. and the food was amazing. I stuck with the kabobs mostly, but only ate the veggies that were on them and had some chicken strips -- probably not the most healthy, but it was that or some sort of steak stuff and I don't care for red meat. Then there were the desserts.. I ate a lot of Jell-O and had a piece of cheesecake, which completely filled me to past full. I however, then worked it all off by scrubbing pans, loading/unloading the dish machine, mopping, cleaning HUGE kettles and running around the kitchen like it was nobody's business... not to mention the fact that it was like 85+ degrees in there.

Sunday I saw "Clerks II" and avoided the concession stand... and today (Monday) I ate relatively well at work and went for about a 3 mile walk/hike around Presque Isle here in Marquette.

I still need motivation and think I'm really gonna start journaling what I eat.. but yeah, I'm avoiding the scale because until I get a digital one it'll be hard to tell what my true weight is since I have an old school analog kind. But my clothes seem to be fitting a bit looser... so I suppose that's good.

Hope you all have a great week!!

kt
ktruley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 07:55 AM   #10  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Hey Chickies

Now I feel really stupid...

Just came home from a lovely long run... Feeling good! Now I better go to bed before I turn into a zombie... I must do something, like start going to bed earlier...

Oh, one more thing...
Stephie, it wasn't holiday actually... unemployment rather... my temp assignment got terminated and I didn't get any other work all week long. But I still enjoyed it, and thankfully I got a new assignment for this week.
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 11:31 AM   #11  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

thanks for the suggestion cookie! I've really been thinking about doing my workouts in the am on the weekend, since I already do them during the week in the am. it's just that I can be so difficult and I usually always have a really good excuse why I should remain in bed in the am on weekends...gosh, I'm frustrating sometimes.

tiffytaffy: what diet are you doing?

Stephie: thanks for always working so hard, and being so inspirational to us all here.

Lizzie: have fun moving...I would defn. count moving, cleaning, etc as a really good workout.

sushi: I have a hard time going to bed early, but once you train yourself, you can do it easier.

I don't know if anyone has noticed my little saying at the bottom of my signature...but ever since I've incorporated that idea into my eating habits I've been losing weight. Just wanted to share.
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 12:17 PM   #12  
Lose that Baby Weight!

Good morning ladies! Man I am still sore from kickball! Walking downstairs is just killing me right now. Yesterday I did get a brief walk in (25 mins) I am dog sitting for 4 dogs...my house is crazy right now!

Not much going on today...working my at home job as long as I can this morning. Too sore to run tonight I think...but I think I will try to get some more strength training or yoga/pilates in.

wasted thermos - cleaning and packing has to burn some mucho calories right? Sounds like you are getting back into the stride of things. Glad to see it.

kt - At least you tried to stick to the healthy stuff. Sometimes that is all you can do. Nice job on that Hike.

sushi - ooh unemployment vaca hehe. Well those are no fun!

spill - awwww your such a sweety! You girls are my inspiration, truly. Your quote is very inspiring as well, makes perfect sense.
Old 07-26-2006, 12:59 AM   #13  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

hi all

wednesday already! geez.

i did the gym last night. i took my stuff in a bag and went before i went home. i figure if i go home it will be too easy to talk myself out of it as it would be around 6pm. so the gym first.

it was soooooo busy at the centre! netball, hockey, spin, aerobics, swimming, and then all those people in the gym doing cardio and weights. i got my strength and cardio in as planned - but pulled back on my seated leg curl. my hamstring has been feeling a little iffy since my first workout with that move and last night i couldn't complete two full sets because of the pain. curious. anyone else experienced that sharp pain behind the knee?

eating is on track today - finally - after a ridiculous binge fest over the past few days. OH was away and all my intentions of healthy eating went out the window.

stephie - 4 dogs! i bet they are keeping you entertained! well done on your exercise lately. seems like we are both getting it sorted out. BTW thanks for the encouragement on the blog - much appreciated

spill - i wish i had some scathing advice on the exercise front. for me it is the only thing i have under control at the moment but i do find they best way to do it is just that - just do it. i get to the gym and start my routine and then by the end of it i feel much better and have put in even more time that planned.

michelle - are you feeling ok? hows the cold?

candice - yuk, migranes are horrible. glad you are feeling better.

wastedthermos - oh the beach! i am so jelous - it has been raining here for 2 days straight. good luck with the move!

ktruly - of course your clothes being losser is fantastic! have you taken your measurements? i found that even though i had no loss on the scale, i was losing inches.

sushi - congrats on the new assignment and good job getting the run in.
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 09:05 AM   #14  
Life's Short, Paint Naked

S/C/G: 226/tkr/150

Lizzie, what beach were you at? We live not too far from Wilmington. I was actually in Columbia not too long ago, I have a friend there I stayed with when I was passing through driving from New Orleans.
NakedHousewife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 11:26 AM   #15  
Lose that Baby Weight!

HELLO everyone! Well believe it or not my calves are STILL sore from stupid kickball on Sunday. Stupid double header...was super fun but not worth being out of exercise commission for 3 days! Took some aspirin yesterday to see if I could get the pain to go away long enough to run....yeah that is a negative. In addition to not working out yesterday had a slip up as far as food goes. Not feeling very good about it but just have to realize it happens and move on. Not much going on today just working the at home job. DH has a guys night out tonight so should be easy to eat well.

Daisy - way to you you are sticking it to that gym membership. I think there are tendons around that area. If you are lifting weight that is too heavy it may be stretching that tendon to the point of pain, ouch none the less.