Old 03-30-2006, 10:08 AM   #31  

Morning Gals:

Susan: Thanks for the idea! I had yet to think about a metro stop map. I usually go through Priceline.com for hotels. We can get really nice ones for cheap. An example: About 4 years ago we went to Andy's fam reunion in Chicago, and his aunt negotiated a floor for the family at the Raddison for $70 a room. She was so excited that she got that deal out of them.. she was gloating the whole time. I went through Priceline, and got a room at the same exact hotel, 1 floor below, for $39 a night! LOL Oh she was livid. ha ha ha! It was sweet.

Sherry: Hope your 3rd day is a breeze. I know for me it's the worse. I agree about the normal weight of 5 -7 pounds. I'm in ketosis, and since TOMs here, the scale isn't going to move, but I hope I have a whoosh when it's over. I think it will be heartbreaking if there isn't. Cramps have prevented me from walking but i'll get back on it after the weekend. I'll be finished by then.

Sandra: Congrats on the changes! I'm guessing the potential chance to be with your honey in Japan has really kicked your butt into gear. LOL Nothing like an insentive.. especially one like that! Good Luck!

Jackie: The trip is my insentive to hit goal by mid July, but with the rate i'm going I don't see it happening, even though I think i'm doing everything right. At least I know i'm still staying OP. I want the Smithsonian to be my reward for the work. No matter what it still will be. It does help to have a focal point, like your camping trip, and Sandra going to Japan. Good Luck to all of us!

Nothing here. Just having my coffee with you fine ladies this morning, and hopefully will get some much needed cleaning done and trip research. Hope you all have a great day...
Falon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 11:21 AM   #32  
Going to ONEderland

Scale was down another pound (that's 3 since Monday morning) but no ketosis yet. I'm going to have to get more strict I can see. I'm glad I bought the ketostix. At least now I know how much stricter I have to be.
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 11:41 AM   #33  
TemporaryFatChick

Sherry, great work, WTG! Do you have any other Ketosis symptoms? Dragon breath, metalic taste in your mouth, stinky urine? The sticks won't always register ketosis if you're drinking a lot of water.
Tennessee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 12:02 PM   #34  

Way to go Sherry!!!

Falon....YOU WILL MAKE YOUR GOAL!! Just keep doing everything right!

to everyone else.

I can't wait for TOM to leave so I can weigh again.
M&Gmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 04:31 PM   #35  
Susan hockeyfan7

Sherry, those sticks never worked for me. I never got above registering small on the stick all through the first 100 lbs loss.

Falon, guess where I'm going next Thursday? The guy who was supposed to go to our office to take care of a furniture issue can't go and I volunteered. I also was able to find a cheap ticket on Southwest for my husband so he can go along. And I don't have to pay for my flight, hotel or rental car. But I will have to spend time with his family. And he's trying to talk me into going with him to a Baltimore Orioles game -- maybe I should tell him he's going to a Washington Capitals hockey game instead
hockeyfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 08:13 PM   #36  
It's my perogative!

S/C/G: 249/247/180

Height: 5'6"

I AM GOING TO JAPAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I still have to wait till December, but I am going! I have also been cheat free for 11 days. I have been working my butt off at the gym and I have even up'd my cardio. I am going to lose a nice chunck of weight before I go to japan. I can do this girls I so want to suprise my hubby!!!! I am doing a happy dance!
ilovemike4alwayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 08:25 PM   #37  

Sandra - THAT IS SOOOO EXCITING!!!! You are gonna look great for your hubby. I'm so happy for you.

Last edited by M&Gmom; 03-31-2006 at 08:22 AM.
Old 03-30-2006, 09:51 PM   #38  
Going to ONEderland

Susan you must have drank lots and lots of water or else you had a bad batch of the ketostix. I've turned them dark purple sometimes. But that level of ketosis makes me feel rotten. I've had bad batches of the stix too, so that they don't seem to change color much at all.

I'm not sure about these yet. They could be a bad batch, or it could be I've been letting too many carbs slip in. I just tried again with them and it was very beige around the edges, a little pink in the middle. I've seen that before and it usually means a bad batch. But I'm not convinced of that yet. I'll see if the rest of them do that after I've been a little more solidly committed for awhile. Once I know it isn't me, I will decide if they are bad or good.

Anyway the scale was down another 2.5 pounds. Still not back to my most recent low (of 241), but 244.5 is better than Monday's 249.

I really need to get this next 3.5 pounds gone so I can start working on some NEW weight loss.... I hate playing catch up!!!
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 11:37 PM   #39  

Evening Ladies:

Jackie -- Thanks. If I don't make the goal, i'll at least work to get close. You, sister, are going to be wearing those shorts on your camping trip!!

Sandra -- Congrats! That is great news, and you have a good stretch of time to get in shape to surprise your husband!! You'll make it.. you're doing awesome!

Susan -- You suck! *sticking out tongue* Have fun! I hope the weather is good for you, and most importantly, enjoy yourself and the time with your husband. I just can't wait to go...

Sherry -- I'm feeling every bit the same.. lady. Every single bit. At least it's going back down. That's the point right?

I just wanted to check in. I am tired and going to bed. See ya'll in the morning. Night Night..
Falon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 07:44 AM   #40  
Baby Steps

I'm not sure I could catch up on personals if I tried. And unfortunately I don't have the time today either. ARGH! Today they're suppsoed to come mark where the electric/gas and other lines are so we can start digging up the pipe that runs out from the house. To see if that's squished. So that's waht I'll be doing today. Plus oldest DD is home with TOM issues and youngest DD is home with allergy problems (at least, I think it's allergies. Sniffling, sneezing, runny nose). So between those 3 things I'll be hopping. Good news: I've been exercising....Better news: The scale went DOWN. Tomorrow is official WI so if it's STILL down I'm taking it because it's stayed on these numbers for the past couple days
Sorry I've not done personals!!! I'll try and catch up when our water problems are done!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 08:25 AM   #41  

Hey Brenda, congrats on the loss and way to go on getting your exercise in. Hope you get your water problems fixed soon. Sounds like you have a busy day ahead of you.

Morning everyone else too. Its my day off...I get to clean out my garage but then also get to go to the mall and a couple other places. So maybe it won't be a bad day after I get the garage done. Its here so that makes it all a little better anyway.

to you all. Have a great day. I'm sure I'll be checking in periodically.
Old 03-31-2006, 01:59 PM   #42  
Susan hockeyfan7

Brenda - I'm happy to see you are exercising!

Falon - I'll have some crab for you. I want to see the new WWII memorial in the daylight when it's not raining -- when we were there last July, it poured rain the night we decided to hike around the Mall. But being on the lawn of the Capitol for a Capitol Fourth was just fun.

Sherry -- I tried 6 different brands of the sticks including buying them from the Atkins site back when they sold a ton of products and none of them worked. I never drank water so maybe that was the problem. Or it could have been that I didn't give up my diet Coke. But I lost the weight which was all I cared about.

Sandra, that's so exciting! Japan sounds like a wonderful place to be. Our church has a couple of missionaries over there working with the military in Okinawa and they were back in Denver last week to update us on how their work is going.

M&G Mom - I'm sorry, but I can't remember your name. Would you like to come help me clean when you are done? DH still can't do anything major with his stitches although he did say he was going to clean the house today. We'll see. He said he was going to put the laundry away in the drawers yesterday and it's still in the basket.

We want to go see Ice Age 2 tonight -- I love the squirrel and the sloth!
hockeyfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 02:53 PM   #43  
Baby Steps

Jackie: Sounds like you've got a busy day planned yourself! Have fun shopping and I don't envy the cleaning out the garage!

Susan: My kids tell me we have the 1st one but I don't remember ever seeing it. Let me know if you like the 2nd one Enjoy

Well, a hole is dug and then I stopped. DH called and when he asked where I was digging and I told him he said I was in the wrong spot. Yah, like I'm gonna continue to dig when I'm not even sure WHERE I'm supposed to dig? That's where he TOLD me to start Hey.....how many "miles" is 1 hours worth of digging a hole (hmm....now that I think about it, it's about the size of a person. Anyone need a hole?)
Old 03-31-2006, 04:14 PM   #44  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Sandra!! Im soooooooooooooooo happy for you!!! That is so exciting!! I wish I could be there to see the look on your dh's face when he sees is hot sexy wife!!

Brenda!! Dont be giving them any ideas!!

Nothing new around here, just busy, but keeping ontrack!

everyone
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 09:23 PM   #45  
Baby Steps

Robin: WTG on keeping on track! And what ideas would those be?

Well, the guy never showed up with his tractor to finish digging out trench. So looks like I'll be out there again tomorrow digging some more. Exercise!!! We decided if he doesn't show up we're going to call someone else. Sure they might be more expensive but probably (would hope) more reliable! We NEED this done NOW. Might be getting another tattoo tomorrow. DH is for sure getting one. They're not sure if they'll be able to do mine--depends on the time.
My sis is having a party for my nephew (and Godchild)....he joined the Army He leaves on the 5th So I've got to figure out how to get there as well.