Old 03-24-2006, 12:29 PM   #1  
Going to ONEderland

Default regrouping

I'm going to take some time off. I'm at a point where I can't seem to stick to the diet. Other things keep calling to me. The thing of it is, it is REAL food that I miss, but when I eat other things, it is usually sugar and junk that I wind up eating more of.

I need to assess myself and see why I keep blowing things. I will go all day and be good and then in the evening when I could easily just go to bed instead, I start eating things I shouldn't.

I'm not liking the way this is making me feel emotionally. I'm at that "beating myself up" stage. Always feeling bad about my efforts. I need to get back the determination I had at the beginning. The let go of perfectionism, enjoy the process etc that I was feeling. I think when I get that back, I'll be ready to start again with some renewed determination.

We are going to my mother in law's house tomorrow and I know she will be feeding us all the wrong foods for my diet, so I've decided to take the weekend off and spend some time enjoying the foods I've been missing. Also spend some time thinking about a "fresh new start". Then Monday I'm going to start from there and aim for ketosis by Wednesday, and start counting my weight losses new from that point on.

I think the backing up of the scale has me down. If I just think of where I'm at now as my "starting point" instead of thinking of it as an amount I need to "relose" I can get over these negative thoughts.

I bought ketostix yesterday so when I'm back in ketosis I'll know it. I'll also know when I've eaten something that has knocked me out of that state.

Mainly I need to get back my enthusiasm. I can't do this without it.
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 12:46 PM   #2  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by SherryA

Mainly I need to get back my enthusiasm. I can't do this without it.
That seems to be the key doesnt it. The enthusiasm, and the wanting to get it done. Sherry, have a nice weekend I'll be doing the same sort of thing myself.

Fresh start Monday morning.....I'll see you here
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 02:37 PM   #3  
Baby Steps

Sounds like something I've been through. I never thought to buy the ketostix to see if I was in ketosis. Thanks for the idea. I can't wait til you come back--you've always got such educational/informational advice
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote